Sneak Peek of TBD redesign...

SDS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or a few retired players. Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Smith, Tasker all together. What do you think?

Or perhaps the banner of the retired players/coaches that is on the wall of the stadium between the 20-40 yard lines. It has Marv, Kemp, some of the 90s bills etc all in a monochrome (blue) image.

Or perhaps the banner of the retired players/coaches that is on the wall of the stadium between the 20-40 yard lines. It has Marv, Kemp, some of the 90s bills etc all in a monochrome (blue) image.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. That would be extremely bad ass! :thumbsup:

linky?

What, you got nothing better to do with your time?

Well, I was almost laid off in May, but got pulled back in. However, Iraq is more stable than our group right now, so I have decided to take the Web Development skills I have and take the next 10 steps towards self-employment if it comes to it. Business cards, domain name, new hardware, software, taking on new clients, etc... I go to bed at 2:00am on most days. I figure I need to pour a LOT of time and effort into TBD/SS to get them up to par with new web standards in order to start building my portfolio.

Not bad. A little busy for my tastes...but I tend to be the minority opinion when it comes to that kind of thing anyway. My biggest beef would be the "The Stadium Wall Latest Discussions" feature...may as well just hard-code links to all the QB discussions instead... :thumbsup:

Not bad. A little busy for my tastes...but I tend to be the minority opinion when it comes to that kind of thing anyway. My biggest beef would be the "The Stadium Wall Latest Discussions" feature...may as well just hard-code links to all the QB discussions instead... :thumbsup:

interesting. I received more comments that the design was too bland (which prompted me to add a few visual cues like the small icons) than too busy. These comments were from people seeing the live demo site.

I am striving for a clean, tasteful look. Hopefully I can strike a balance between minimalists and graphic artists. :worthy:

I hate to say this, but it looks slightly cheep; I like the classic design that we are running on now. :ph34r:

you would need to elaborate on that.

One element that will change are the ticket ads inside the gray bar. I hate the gray background there, but I haven't figured out what to do instead...

Well, I was almost laid off in May, but got pulled back in. However, Iraq is more stable than our group right now, so I have decided to take the Web Development skills I have and take the next 10 steps towards self-employment if it comes to it. Business cards, domain name, new hardware, software, taking on new clients, etc... I go to bed at 2:00am on most days. I figure I need to pour a LOT of time and effort into TBD/SS to get them up to par with new web standards in order to start building my portfolio.

Monet almost got laid off, too. Imazing what you two have in common.

Seriously, best of luck in your endeavors. Whatever they may be. You're obviously very talented and those talents will take you far.

Keep the faith.

Oh, and try to get some sleep.

Monet almost got laid off, too. Imazing what you two have in common.

Seriously, best of luck in your endeavors. Whatever they may be. You're obviously very talented and those talents will take you far.

Keep the faith.

Oh, and try to get some sleep.

Thanks. Hopefully, I can make something work as my situation unfolds. This weekend, I have a ginormous workstation to put together, so I can get my crap off the dining room table. :ph34r:

What is the Harbor Club 300 and why does it rate primary real estate on top line?

Personally I hate any design which mandates width - terrible for those who have poor eyes and need to increase font size.

I just increased the font size quite a bit in FF and the site stayed reasonable put together. I don't think you'll have an issue. However, if this is an issue for many people I can easily put in a new template that makes adjustments for that. What screen res do you use and what is the minimum comfortable font size?

First, let me start with the things I really liked about the page:

- The page looks easy to navigate. Everything is labeled well, and I know where to go to find what I want to find.

- The page is certainly pleasing on the eyes, and not hard to look at.

- It provides a pretty good amount of content.

- It looks professional.

I do have some suggestions though:

- When I look at the page, my eye goes straight to the Youtube Buffalo Bills videos instead of the main news, and the right sidebar is taking up nearly 1/3rd of the available space. Perhaps it will change when it is centered in my browser, but I think the side bar is too big, taking away from the main focus of the page. Is there anyway to make that smaller?

- The top banner is very plain. It looks pretty nice - its just missing something, perhaps a picture of Ralph Wilson Stadium in the background.

- The news area kind of looks just like a wall of text - perhaps a background for the news post, changing the font of the headline a bit more and incorporating more white space between stories, or a divider between the posts would help (similar to the way Slashdot, Yahoo!, Google News, Blogs, etc. divide up their stories).

- I've always found search boxes that offer to search the internet to be rather useless, especially with the advent of search boxes in browsers. I'd suggest making the default to be to search TBD, and let people know what search engine they're going to use when they search the "Internet" - I wouldn't touch that search box without knowing.

- The big gray advertising box across the top reminds me of a typo-squatting page, but I understand the need to get money to reimburse the expenses, not sure theres much you can do about that, other than rework it (can it be made into banner advertising, or moved elsewhere on the page at all?)

- The biggest thing, IMO, is that the space for news looks tiny and scrunched, while the other elements on the page jump out at you. I think the news content should jump out at you, while the other elements of the page are secondary, since they aren't the main content on the page. Making the news area larger and everything else smaller would go a long way toward that goal, IMO. Yahoo News, for example, has a much smaller video box on their page.