Sneak Peek of TBD redesign...

SDS

Scott,

It looks very good. Is there a way to let someone skip to a particular date / article for the archived news items? Having them going back to 1999 is pretty cool, being able to look at something from 2003 without scrolling through 1000 pages would be even cooler.

yes. When I actually get the articles imported into a new dB - there should be an "on this day" calendar to search through archival stuff.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, have you seen this site?

Preview TBD in multiple OS's and browsers

yes, but often that one is too slow. I have been using this one lately:

http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php

but it only gives you so much vertical space. As soon as I cna track down a copy of XP, I'll put that on my mac and run it locally. It least IE6. I wish EVERYONE would drop that browser. What !@#$ing pain in the ass it is.

Hi Scott,

I have not posted for quite a while, but read your site daily...if not a couple of times daily. The redesign is very nice.

One thing I just checked was how the new site looked on my mobile browser. Living in Ohio, your site is my daily lifeline to Bills news. Unfortunately, my workplace blocks sports websites on our office PCs. HOWEVER, I check your site on my BlackBerry at lunch every day (FWIW, I have a BlackBerry 8703e from Verizon...and yes, the company pays for it :-)

The new site looks pretty good. Some weird stuff with the layout, but the news section was easily readable once I scrolled down to it.

Have you thought about making a twobillsdrive.mobi page, or something that's mobile-browser friendly? Now, I'm not going to claim to have anything beyond a basic knowledge of HTML and website design so I have no idea how difficult that would be. But I would imagine that more and more people would be checking out your site from a cell or smart phone.

Even if it's not doable now, might be something to consider in the future.

As for the site itself on my PC, I think it looks great. I do graphic design, so I know that it's impossible to please everyone, because everyone's tastes are different. But overall, I like the look and layout and think you've done an admirable job of keeping it as clean and functional as possible.

Again, just my two cents! Thanks for all of your hard work...we really appreciate it!

I'm getting a lot of good feedback with the snap shot, although some comments I think are off the mark simply because you are looking at a picture and not the real site. I might as well show you the development site and let you see the full functional entity, so more precise feedback can be given.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/ee/

Most of the navigation links are inactive as the inner pages are not yet developed, and even the navigation headings/subheadings, etc... might change. So, just keep in mind that there is a lot of work to be done.

That ticket link block is pretty darn ugly with the blue text on red, but otherwise I'm liking it.

Have you thought about making a twobillsdrive.mobi page, or something that's mobile-browser friendly? Now, I'm not going to claim to have anything beyond a basic knowledge of HTML and website design so I have no idea how difficult that would be. But I would imagine that more and more people would be checking out your site from a cell or smart phone.

yeah, we'll have that.

That ticket link block is pretty darn ugly with the blue text on red, but otherwise I'm liking it.

it isn't supposed to be that way. Remember, that is my live development site, so you are just seeing mistakes/intentional mess ups that I am making. I'm just having an issue with that section of the style sheet and I'm troubleshooting.

Hi Scott,

I have not posted for quite a while, but read your site daily...if not a couple of times daily. The redesign is very nice.

One thing I just checked was how the new site looked on my mobile browser. Living in Ohio, your site is my daily lifeline to Bills news. Unfortunately, my workplace blocks sports websites on our office PCs. HOWEVER, I check your site on my BlackBerry at lunch every day (FWIW, I have a BlackBerry 8703e from Verizon...and yes, the company pays for it :-)

The new site looks pretty good. Some weird stuff with the layout, but the news section was easily readable once I scrolled down to it.

Even if it's not doable now, might be something to consider in the future.

As for the site itself on my PC, I think it looks great. I do graphic design, so I know that it's impossible to please everyone, because everyone's tastes are different. But overall, I like the look and layout and think you've done an admirable job of keeping it as clean and functional as possible.

Again, just my two cents! Thanks for all of your hard work...we really appreciate it!

If you're just looking for BillsBeat or the Wall, there are already versions of both available.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/pda/

http://www.stadiumwall.com/lofiversion/index.php/

I wouldn't complain about a "full" version of TBD that fits on my old-school Motorola e815, though. Hell hath no fury like a mod who can't log in on the lo-fi Wall ... :D

If you're just looking for BillsBeat or the Wall, there are already versions of both available.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/pda/

http://www.stadiumwall.com/lofiversion/index.php/

I wouldn't complain about a "full" version of TBD that fits on my old-school Motorola e815, though. Hell hath no fury like a mod who can't log in on the lo-fi Wall ... :D

I did not know those pages existed...of course, I really didn't go out of my way to look for them, either! Serves me right for not asking earlier!

The pda page for Bills Beat is perfect. Looks great on my phone as well!

If the plans are to just port the pda page, then that would work just fine.

Again, thanks!