Best Names in NFL History

K-9

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen another poster went into MLB.. How about: Bob Walk - SP - Pittsburgh Pirates

The horror of being a pitcher with the name WALK.. and then your first name being the abbreviation for a walk.. Base On Balls

Oh, and my favorite hockey name has always been Roman Hamerlik (Hammer Lick) with and honorable mention to Per Dijous (Pear Juice)

I think I probably spelled Per's name wrong.. but, you hockey guys get it. :thumbsup:

none better than the Bills own

Carlester Crumpler

Never played a down for the Bills though everyone seems to think he did. He was about as much a Buffalo Bill as was actor Dean Cain.

Translation: has a photo of himself in a Bills uniform, taken before "the turk" asked him to hand in his playbook.

In fact, he probably had The Turk snap the picture!

This should be a lesson to all you marketing folks how important branding and name recognition is. Nobody forgets the name Carlester Crumpler.

Natrone Means

"Nickname Controversy

ESPN Analyst Chris Berman gave Means the nickname "Natrone Means business". Originally Berman gave Means the nickname Natrone "Refried" Means, but changed it to "Natrone Means Business" after Means complained to Berman about the "refried" moniker."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natrone_Means

right around y2k there was this scrub lineman, i think he played in the nfc south somewhere but im not sure, named Wes Shivers. My college buddies and I all thought it was a hilarious name/picture and always would sign him to our one friends' madden teams(usually to max year deals unbeknownst to him) when we were doing franchise mode together.

not the best football name, but one that brought me great laughter.

Mosi Tatupu.

There's an episode of the Simpsons that's a takeoff on King Kong where the natives are chanting to the giant beast (actually a huge Homer) and they are all chanting "Mosi Tatupu, Mosi Tatupu" - gotta love all the things they work into the Simpsons...

Oh, and I nominate him in this thread as a Ram, not a Patriot*.