Lynch announcement scheduled for 2:30PM

so what was the announcement? Enough with the personal attacks- what was said? I thought that was what this thread was about

It was a pretty ridiculous press conference. When Lynch and his lawyer get back in town, Lynch will appear in court next week and then apparently make a statement. The DA wouldn't give any details other than there was a plea agreement, the matter is over in full, the plea bargain was based on the fact that Lynch was driving, but he wouldnt say what charge he agreed to, or whether he will appear in traffic court or in criminal court. There was one other person in the car but the DA wouldn't say who. There will be no other charges to Lynch or anyone else.

I'll be very interested to see the opinions on this board if in fact Lynch has pleaded guilty to hit and run.

There's about a .005% chance of that. It will be a misdemeanor, like leaving the scene, with virtually no possibility of jail time as a first offender.

That's what the negotiations were about--and Clark most likely could have reached the same result ten days ago.

There's about a .005% chance of that. It will be a misdemeanor, like leaving the scene, with virtually no possibility of jail time as a first offender.

That's what the negotiations were about--and Clark most likely could have reached the same result ten days ago.

We don't really know that at all. Lynch and the Bills weren't talking. There were a lot of things that Clark didn't know. Yes, he MAYBE could have gotten that 10 days ago (but maybe not if Lynch's lawyer thought the DA had NOTHING and he could get away almost scott free). But why should Clark even try for that if he didn't know Lynch was driving, didn't know if he was seen drunk, didn't know if there were players or friends or witnesses that would eventually give Lynch up if pressured, etc.

I'll be very interested to see the opinions on this board if in fact Lynch has pleaded guilty to hit and run.

We're a pretty forgiving bunch (unless you are McGahee!). Score a bunch of TD's Lynch.... and lead us to the playoffs and all this will be a blip on the radar.

Personally I don't look up to these guys as role models nor do I want my kids to. Just lead my favorite team to victories and we're cool.

I would like to take this opportunity to note that Pete Townshend's solo albums are way underrated.

Thank you.

... and somewhere in a parallel universe, I listened to Deep End Live last night for the first time in, oh, I don't know, 13 years.

The live solo version of I Am One is soooo incredibly powerful... Sooner or Later, too.

Cheers

We're a pretty forgiving bunch (unless you are McGahee!). Score a bunch of TD's Lynch.... and lead us to the playoffs and all this will be a blip on the radar.

Personally I don't look up to these guys as role models nor do I want my kids to. Just lead my favorite team to victories and we're cool.

When many people have forgiven/forgotten including the NFL when Ray Lewis won the super bowl and the MVP with it, this is nothing.

I am not trying to make nothing out of what lynch did. However, as you said, I do not consider these players to be role models for my kids...