RIP Tim Russert

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All too many of us had to leave Buffalo over the years as the global economy shifted and we had to desperately figure out our next move. But for many of us, Buffalo has remained inside of us wherever we had to drag on. Too many people have poked fun at us, our Bills and Sabres (and Braves) and our Buffalo. We have endured the putdowns over the years knowing that they don't compare to the very real pain we have felt economically. Tim Russert was a great journalist, a great person and one of our greatest boosters. Tim Russert never forgot his family and friends, us Buffalonians, our teams and our city. We always appreciated having somebody in our corner. Regardless of where in the region we lived or went to school we were and are very proud of Tim Russert.

My deepest sympathies go out to Tim's family, friends, co-workers and fans.

Thanks for having our backs Tim. Thanks for making us proud! Rest well. Let's Go Buffalo!

PS: I will always remember how Tim proudly displayed his Sabres jersey on Meet The Press with the name Russert on the back.

This was one of the thousands of tributes posted about Tim. I thought it was appropriate.

"One final note about Tim that everybody has heard much about but that I can also attest to. That was his love of Buffalo. Tim could walk into a room of kings and potentates, but if there was someone in the room from Buffalo, anybody, that is whom he wanted to spend time talking to.

As I said, what a loss."

Ross Frommer

New York City

Go Bills!

"When you look back at all of the things that have happened to the Bills, do you think that this is a team that - and this sounds like a cliche - that's cursed?"

"We're blessed. Yeah, yeah, we're blessed. If you walk through the streets of Buffalo it's the Irish neighborhood, the Italian neighborhood, the Polish neighborhood, the black neighborhood, the Hispanic neighborhood. Everyone comes together on a Sunday."

<snif> I've never felt better about being a Bills fan with you people than right now. I mean, yeah, most of you are still !@#$ing retards...but I'm just happy to share the Bills with all you micks, goombahs, polacks, spooks, and spics.

Thanks, Tim.

"When you look back at all of the things that have happened to the Bills, do you think that this is a team that - and this sounds like a cliche - that's cursed?"

"We're blessed. Yeah, yeah, we're blessed. If you walk through the streets of Buffalo it's the Irish neighborhood, the Italian neighborhood, the Polish neighborhood, the black neighborhood, the Hispanic neighborhood. Everyone comes together on a Sunday."

<snif> I've never felt better about being a Bills fan with you people than right now. I mean, yeah, most of you are still !@#$ing retards...but I'm just happy to share the Bills with all you micks, goombahs, polacks, spooks, and spics.

Thanks, Tim.

:thumbsup:

I wonder if God is ready for the questions he is going to get on Meet the Press on Sunday.

Gosh darn it I am going to miss him--he was the gateway to the white house, the senate, governor's mansions..good Lord this is a tough one.