Sounds like the DA has nothing on Lynch

VOR

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has completely disintegrated into bashing each other by misconstruing the other person's intending meaning, misquoted, taken out of context, grammer and spelling police, etc.

This thread has reminded me why I should give up and never post here, to many !@#$s who just want to argue and not enough who actually want to discuss without name calling. This used to be a fun place to be.

I think Bob Lamb has gotten it right when he stopped posting here. I may follow suit.

This thread has completely disintegrated into bashing each other by misconstruing the other person's intending meaning, misquoted, taken out of context, grammer and spelling police, etc.

This thread has reminded me why I should give up and never post here, to many !@#$s who just want to argue and not enough who actually want to discuss without name calling. This used to be a fun place to be.

I think Bob Lamb has gotten it right when he stopped posting here. I may follow suit.

Dammit Gumby... it's grammar! :D

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/366062.html

"No quick resolution" says that the eyewitnesses who claimed he was driving were not credible and unless some new information comes to light, no charges will be filed anytime soon. As for Lynch's lawyer wanting a "precondition" before disclosing information, IMHO that sounds like someone else was driving.

This matter needs a resolution and it needs to come prior to the season. Lynch's reputation is on the line. There is more though. What's the statute of limitations 7 years? There were several people in car. Are they all going to keep quiet for that length of time?

Will some Bills player be subect to blackmail?

"Shave some points" or I turn you in?

This needs a resolution for Lynch's sake , the Bills, the fans, the league and the victim.

I haven't read everything in the thread, not sure if its been mentioned, but something that cannot be overlooked:

Marshawn, a black male from Oakland, likely has a slightly different perception of the police and the court system than a bunch of suburban white men tearing him apart on an Internet message board. It is very easy to say, "Just turn yourself in and chances are everything will work itself out." I'm sure Lynch has seen the justice system "work itself out" on a few of his friends in his day.

I'm not offering that as an excuse for anything...Just as something that needs to be considered. There is a distrust that exists in the black community with the police and the law.

I like how the victim has become a "drunken jaywalking B word". Unbelievable. :D

Well, that's because we don't know anymore about her involvement than we do about Marshawn's. The fact is, she very well could have been drunk and jaywalking. We don't know. But anyone who has ever driven on Chippewa at that hour, and especially on a weekend on weekend knows, it's like a freakin' free-for-all. I was driving through there the other night and nearly hit three different people, and I was straight and sober. People walked right out in front of my car, while I was moving, as if I wasn't even there.

I haven't read everything in the thread, not sure if its been mentioned, but something that cannot be overlooked:

Marshawn, a black male from Oakland, likely has a slightly different perception of the police and the court system than a bunch of suburban white men tearing him apart on an Internet message board. It is very easy to say, "Just turn yourself in and chances are everything will work itself out." I'm sure Lynch has seen the justice system "work itself out" on a few of his friends in his day.

I'm not offering that as an excuse for anything...Just as something that needs to be considered. There is a distrust that exists in the black community with the police and the law.

That is a bunch of crap.

I think that is true. But he now has people around him who should be giving him good advice on how to work within the system. Maybe he made a mistake. That is seldom fatal unless you compound the mistake.

Marshawn is at a fork in road. He can take the Thurman Thomas path or the OJ path.

That is a bunch of crap.

It would be a bunch of crap if I was using it to excuse his alleged actions. I'm not. I'm just laughing when the guy from Williamsville, NY chastises Lynch for failing to share the view that these things work themselves out fine. Just because my dad knew the judge and got me out of that misdemeanor back in the day doesn't mean that the legal system hasn't ever railroaded somebody.

You're out of touch and crazy if you think the cops are your friend...And you are especially ignorant if you believe that the perception of the police where Lynch grew up is the same compared to where the majority of people on this board grew up.

I'm not defending him. But it's also not a stretch to consider that he immediately thought the worst when he made the alleged poor decisions on the night in question, and it is certainly why he is listening only to his legal experts at this point.

That is a bunch of crap.

I thought you wanted to engage in constructive conversation, then follow it up with that?

That is a bunch of crap.

I mean this in the nicest and most respectful way possible, but if you don't believe there's truth in the post of LongLiveRalph, you are clearly out of touch with reality. That's understandable if you're a white guy from middle and upper income suburbia, but it doesn't mean it ain't the truth.

oh stop it.............................I know some Oakland police.They work their arses off--and don't get their jollies by messing with poor innocent people.There are more guilty people to deal with there than they can handle.

I mean this in the nicest and most respectful way possible, but if you don't believe there's truth in the post of LongLiveRalph, you are clearly out of touch with reality. That's understandable if you're a white guy from middle and upper income suburbia, but it doesn't mean it ain't the truth.

It doesnt matter if their is SOME truth.It doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in this context. Hit and run leaving someone in the street.-Real class.--Stop being an excuse maker. --And anyway--the guy is a star athlete who has been getting his butt kissed for years if you wanna play that game.

You think cops in Oakland( a good number who are black) dont have enough to do so they go and mess with innocent people to get their jollies??

oh stop it.............................I know some Oakland police.They work their arses off--and don't get their jollies by messing with poor innocent people.There are more guilty people to deal with there than they can handle.

Do you understand the definition of "perception?" No one is speaking in absolutes here.

I was just in Oakland not to long ago... the police definitely have their work cut out for them.

It doesnt matter if their is SOME truth.It doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in this context. Hit and run leaving someone in the street.-Real class.--Stop being an excuse maker. --And anyway--the guy is a star athlete who has been getting his butt kissed for years if you wanna play that game.

You think cops in Oakland( a good number who are black) dont have enough to do so they go and mess with innocent people to get their jollies??

I'm making excuses for no one. I'm merely agreeing that a certain perception exists in the real world that well-to-do white guys from the suburbs foolishly refuse to acknowledge while they sit atop their moral perches.

Do you understand the definition of "perception?" No one is speaking in absolutes here.

Of course I understand perception.But it doesnt belong in the discussion because it is a lame excuse. You are creating a crutch.