Lynch's Silence

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why don't you tell us why you "pity" Canadians... You don't post about them much....here are a few of your posts dating all the way back to June 1st.

"Since it was also 3AM for the Candian "victim" do you think it is unreasonable to assume alcohol and stupidity was involved on that side of the equation?"

"Dude, he scraped the leg of some drunk CANADIAN broad. God has really got to have bigger things to worry about.

If he really gave a crap about Canadians he would not have made them live in Canada."

"I am just saying that Canadaians in general are not too bright and that most of them have drinking problems. That is a bad combination and it caught up with Lynch. He might never talk about so we won't know but it's possible that he swerved to miss a different drunk Canadian and hit this broad."

"Avoiding drunken stupid Canadians stumbling around at night is about as hard as the obstacle course in American Gladiators."

"After all that has gone on over the last year or so, the drug dealer would have to be stupid to an almost Canadian level to not realize that the guy from the Patriots would be taping the whole thing."

"It is a sad staement that this complete idiot is Canada's best chance to raise it avergae IQ."

"Don't you see this as a bad thing? If Obama's church causes him a problem and he just up and quits, what will he do if he is negotiating on the US' bahalf? The UN represents plenty of terrorist states like Iran and N. Korea and third world countries like South America and Canada. Do you think if the UN keeps saying the US is a pain in the neck that Obama will just quit the US?"

Man I am glad you don't hate us..... :D

None of those quotes indicate hate of any sort. I am merely pointing out facts. These facts may cause some people to hate Canadians, but not me. I feel bad for them because they obviously can't control these things. Do I get frustrated sometimes that our country is being overrun with them? Sure. But that doesn't mean I hate them.

I know most people go down to chippewa, stay out to 3:30 in the morning & do not have a drop to drink. I suppose lynch could be the exception. That is why I put the 99% in there. Also, you could honestly sit there & say you would not know if you hit/brushed up against a car or a person????? Seriously, & even if he did thought he hit a car he still left the scene of an accident, which brings me up to my first point that he was probably drinking & did not want to get a dwi. Im just using logic here.

First of all, it is VERY easy to clip a person late at night and not know it! That vehicle he is driving is very big, and is somewhat elevated compared to a normal car. Moreover, if they had the stereo turned up and doing the thump-thump thing, it would have been very easy to make contact with a woman and not hear it, let alone feel it.

Also, I was driving down on Chippewa last Thursday night, just passing through and got caught up in the crowd by accident because I don't know my way around downtown that well. It was only like 11PM and already, people were stumbling around, jaywalking everywhere. Several people stepped right out in front of my car while I was moving and looked at me like I was from another planet. Several others had that go ahead and hit me look on their faces. Others were completely oblivious to my existence. And this was relatively early on a Thursday night. It was like a damn video game!

Based on that experience I could easily see how one could clip a drunk, jaywalking pedestrian at 3:30 AM in a large SUV with the stereo blaring and not even know it. Not saying that I think that is what happened, but it is certainly just as possible as any other scenario.

It will be interesting to see if any more comes out of that video tape. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the chick was trashed and jaywalking. It would definitely help Marshawn hang onto his coin in a personal injury lawsuit. Contributory negligence can reduce or even preclude recovery of damages.

First of all, it is VERY easy to clip a person late at night and not know it! That vehicle he is driving is very big, and is somewhat elevated compared to a normal car. Moreover, if they had the stereo turned up and doing the thump-thump thing, it would have been very easy to make contact with a woman and not hear it, let alone feel it.

Also, I was driving down on Chippewa last Thursday night, just passing through and got caught up in the crowd by accident because I don't know my way around downtown that well. It was only like 11PM and already, people were stumbling around, jaywalking everywhere. Several people stepped right out in front of my car while I was moving and looked at me like I was from another planet. Several others had that go ahead and hit me look on their faces. Others were completely oblivious to my existence. And this was relatively early on a Thursday night. It was like a damn video game!

Based on that experience I could easily see how one could clip a drunk, jaywalking pedestrian at 3:30 AM in a large SUV with the stereo blaring and not even know it. Not saying that I think that is what happened, but it is certainly just as possible as any other scenario.

It will be interesting to see if any more comes out of that video tape. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the chick was trashed and jaywalking. It would definitely help Marshawn hang onto his coin in a personal injury lawsuit. Contributory negligence can reduce or even preclude recovery of damages.

I wonder if the ER tested the BAC of the vic?

No, it's my opinion is that he has the right to defend himself as he sees fit within the confines of the law. Apparently you don't.

:D

All evidence to the contrary.

Let me repeat myself, this is NOT A COURTHOUSE. Translation: I have never questioned Lynch's rights. What I've questioned is his accountability.

No accountability, no second chance.

I prefer to wait until someone is actually convicted of something to render judgement. I'm pretty consistant that way.

What exactly do you mean by "moral courage"? I'm not sure I've used that phrase and that's probably for good reason, since it makes no sense.

So, are you waiting to render judgement on OJ or was his acquittal enough evidence for you? I'm not comparing the two cases, just making the point. I'm sure you are well aware that the law also provides opportunity to get away with crimes. So I kinda' doubt you are "pretty consistant that way".

The "moral courage" term comes from Ronald Reagan in your pretentious sig line. Man, you are really off your game.

You guys should take a cue from the quality of your responses. You are trying to defend the wrong thing and reaching for excuses because of it.

None of those quotes indicate hate of any sort. I am merely pointing out facts. These facts may cause some people to hate Canadians, but not me. I feel bad for them because they obviously can't control these things. Do I get frustrated sometimes that our country is being overrun with them? Sure. But that doesn't mean I hate them.

FL

\The "moral courage" term comes from Ronald Reagan in your pretentious sig line. Man, you are really off your game.

You guys should take a cue from the quality of your responses. You are trying to defend the wrong thing and reaching for excuses because of it.

AD pretentious?

NO WAY! :devil:

So, are you waiting to render judgement on OJ or was his acquittal enough evidence for you? I'm not comparing the two cases, just making the point. I'm sure you are well aware that the law also provides opportunity to get away with crimes. So I kinda' doubt you are "pretty consistant that way".

I actually read the entire court transcript of the OJ case as well as Vincent Bugliosi's book, so the answer to that one would be no. Any other single points you'd like to make in the grand scheme? And your judgement of me really couldn't be more meaningless. I gave up trying to win life's popularity contest in grade school.

And I'm well aware of the law providing opportunity to get away with crime. Gotta any more pearls of obviousness for us? How about "The justice system doesn't always treat young black me fairly?"

The "moral courage" term comes from Ronald Reagan in your pretentious sig line. Man, you are really off your game.

You (and Dawgg for that matter) calling any quote/person pretentious is a little ironic. I apologize for not getting the reference. I have signatures turned off. I'm actually surprised that quote is still there - I changed it some time ago. I guess when the board crashed, the old one came back. You want a point for that? You got it. Big win there.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm watching a guy with a lot to lose try and minimize the damage to himself and the family he is the sole supporter of. Going out and falling on your sword for another public witch hunt is rarely the best way to make that happen. And I don't blame him one bit for doing what he can to protect himself for the long term and limit his exposure to the "justice" system.

I actually read the entire court transcript of the OJ case as well as Vincent Bugliosi's book, so the answer to that one would be no. Any other single points you'd like to make in the grand scheme? And your judgement of me really couldn't be more meaningless. I gave up trying to win life's popularity contest in grade school.

And I'm well aware of the law providing opportunity to get away with crime. Gotta any more pearls of obviousness for us? How about "The justice system doesn't always treat young black me fairly?"

You (and Dawgg for that matter) calling any quote/person pretentious is a little ironic. I apologize for not getting the reference. I have signatures turned off. I'm actually surprised that quote is still there - I changed it some time ago. I guess when the board crashed, the old one came back. You want a point for that? You got it. Big win there.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm watching a guy with a lot to lose try and minimize the damage to himself and the family he is the sole supporter of. Going out and falling on your sword for another public witch hunt is rarely the best way to make that happen. And I don't blame him one bit for doing what he can to protect himself for the long term and limit his exposure to the "justice" system.

What you fail to realize is that this guy is "97%" Lynch is guilty. With his Kreshkin like powers to see the future, to know the unknowable, he can skip right past the "proving guilt" part and skip right to the self righteous, pollyanna bleating about how morally offended he is. You see, there is a direct link between the imminent fall of western civilization and Lynch's driving skills that warrants a public call for Lynch to forfeit his self interest and that of his family for the sake of keeping badobilz's moral skirts clean and white.

For me, I pay the ticket price to see that guy run over a few LB's and as long as he does that, I don't begrudge him the right to legal counsel and *gasp* using his right to keep silent to try and keep the police from ruining him. Gee, I don't why he wouldn't want to subject himself to the judgment of reactionary moral purists like badobilz.

But then again, I don't have all the facts like badobilz has in his hip pocket so I have to actually wait until those facts are established before reaching judgment.

Let me repeat myself, this is NOT A COURTHOUSE. Translation: I have never questioned Lynch's rights. What I've questioned is his accountability.

No accountability, no second chance.

Accountability to who? You? Fine, stop watching the games and contributing to Lynch's paycheck. But spare the rest of us your incessant whining about it.

This probly sounds terrible, and I'm not trying to make light of the situation at all. If Lynch is found guilty, he should be subject to the punishment suitable for the crime. But in all in honesty, I just don't really care. I really hope that he just doesn't get suspended so he can carry footballs past the line of scrimmage, get first downs, get touchdowns, and all that professional football player stuff. If we're only gonna have a team here for a few more years, I wanna have an opportunity to enjoy every play, and hell, who knows, win football games while we still have the Buffalo Bills? Selfish, I admit entirely, but I'm sick of worrying about all this crap.

FL

Florida? Let's not bring Florida into this.

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but have you ever tried to drive in Florida? The roads are packed with these geezers and you'd be lucky to get your car to 15 MPH.

There are two different levels of judgment that Lynch should be held accountable for:

A) His short term judgment- following the incident, where there seems to be no question that he is in the vehicle that leaves the scene.

B) His long term judgment- in the hours after fleeing, and when there was no doubt under any excuse regarding details of the incident that the police wanted to talk with him about the situation and more importantly that someone had been hurt by his actions.

While it might not be unreasonable- if you assume the occupants didn't think anyone was injured- to take the position to "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" on A), there's simply no excuse for his failure to man up in the hours following the event. If that was any one of us John Q Public types, the Buffalo PD would have been dragging us out of our home, with or without our cooperation. And short of the girl having thrown herself against his car in some poorly devised suicide attempt, Lynch's actions in these days following the incident are absolutely inexcusable. I thought I got a read on this guy from his mother's statements after he was drafted, but the guy who right now is following some seriously dishonorable advice is not the person I was pitched by his mother.