Celtics/Lakers NBA finals...

Buftex

I realize there are a lot of people who post here that loathe the NBA...but I am not one of them...post your thoughts in this thread, about the NBA finals....Celtics/Lakers if you hadn't heard! :lol:

I will make the first prediction...after hearing twelve different "experts" chime in on radio and tv the last couple of days, it seems like the prevailing logic is that the Cletics, even with their home court advantage, have "no chance" of beating Kobe, Phil and their Lakers. Of the 12 I heard, only Tim Legler picked Boston to win. Kobe is being compared to Jordan, and the senitiment seems to be, the Celtics may have the "better team", but the Lakers have the best player...they should win in 6 or 7!

Bollocks I hope! I am saying the Celtcis win it in 7 games.... they will take games 1,2, 5, and 7. Paul Pierce finally gets recognized as a great player, not just a very good player! And the conspiracy theorists will have a field day! :lol:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize there are a lot of people who post here that loathe the NBA...but I am not one of them...post your thoughts in this thread, about the NBA finals....Cletics/Lakers if you hadn't heard! :lol:

I will make the first prediction...after hearing twelve different "experts" chime in on radio and tv the last couple of days, it seems like the prevailing logic is that the Cletics, even with their home court advantage, have "no chance" of beating Kobe, Phil and their Lakers. Of the 12 I heard, only Tim Legler picked Boston to win. Kobe is being compared to Jordan, and the senitiment seems to be, the Celtics may have the "better team", but the Lakers have the best player...they should win in 6 or 7!

Bollocks I hope! I am saying the Celtcis win it in 7 games.... they will take games 1,2, 5, and 7. Paul Pierce finally gets recognized as a great player, not just a very good player! And the conspiracy theorists will have a field day! :lol:

Nah..its the year of Kobe...Lakers in 5

Kobe (best 1-v-1 defender in the game, IMO) locks down Pierce

Odom/Gasol > KG/Perkins

Fisher > Rondo

Bryant averages 34, 6, 5

Celtics will be amped and they play tough in front of the Boston crowd...But....

Lakers in 6, I don't think Celtics can score enough consistently to keep up with them

I am pulling for the Lakers because I hate everything Boston

Agreed. i hate the lakers equally, but bostonfan is currently the most obnoxious prick on the face of the planet, especially bill simmons. I hope boston gets swept.

Lakers in 5. And I won't watch a minute of it.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are so much better...makes me wish Cleveland had an NHL team instead of an NBA team, the presence of Lebron notwithstanding.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are so much better...makes me wish Cleveland had an NHL team instead of an NBA team, the presence of Lebron notwithstanding.

Give it 2 more years. i'm sure you'll care a lot less about LeBron when he signs with the Knicks.

Since either Kobe or the Boston fans will lose, I'm looking at myself as half full.

And I was thinking that since one of those bags of douche(s) is bound to win, I wouldn't be watching a single minute of it.

And congrats on the nuptials!

In general, I agree. A great playoff hockey series is tough to beat, for any sport.

Celtics in 7...but I am pulling for the Lakers because I hate everything Boston

I hate every other Boston team as well, but my love of Celtics pre-dates the Patriots and Red Sox and Bruins relevance! Back to the days when the chowds were just likeable losers, with nothing to be proud of, but the Celtics...the only things I like out of Boston are the Celtics, and the Modern Lovers.