Wow...what an ending!

Even though Hossa's shot wouldn't have counted. The clock hit zero before he got his stick on it.

Osgood couldn't quite reach it, and Hossa's shot went over his glove across the crease.

It's been posted here before, but this is truly what playoff hockey's all about. That noise you just heard was the entire state of Michigan exhaling...and then cheering.

Red Wings, even though I hate them, are champions. 3-2 is the final score in Pittsburgh.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's surprising/impressive seeing how many Penguins fans are staying for the celebration.

Yeah, I thought so too.... Always better to see it won on home ice, though. Great game, though this kind of fits into the "Gee, another Detroit cup" category.

You know, it never gets old hearing Gary Betteman get booed. Back to your office, Lawn Gnome.

How is that guy the commissioner of the NHL? If I had to pick out a person that least represents the game of hockey, it would be a tie between him and the Peter Pan guy.

You know, it never gets old hearing Gary Betteman get booed. Back to your office, Lawn Gnome.

Cheers for the Wings....cheers for the Cup.....cheers for Zetterberg.....cheers for Lidstrom w/ the Cup......but no soup for Gary! :rolleyes::wallbash:

Hell of an ending to the game. Good series.

A month ago some experts here explained me how teams full of euros always fail in the Playoffs. Well the Wings are the first team to win the Stanley Cup with more europeans (14) in their roster than canadians (13) ...

You even said it... There is always a "first", even a broken clock is right twice a day!

:rolleyes:

yeah right... from what i've seen the Red Wings clock works fine... :rolleyes:

Last year and the year before , no... This year, yes! Odds are they won't work fine next year or other teams contaminated with Euros...

:lol::blink:

Just playing :wallbash: 's advocate... Just not happening year in and year out... A fluke year!

My sentiments exactly...

... congrats to the Red Wings...

And somehow I believe that young Crosby and Co. will be hoisting the Cup

in early June in the next few years.

It's surprising/impressive seeing how many Penguins fans are staying for the celebration.

Well after the Stars beat the Sabres, we stuck around to watch them award the cup, figured not many times in your life you get to see the Stanley Cup handed out. Unfortunately at that time, we had no idea it was NO GOAL!!!

Well after the Stars beat the Sabres, we stuck around to watch them award the cup, figured not many times in your life you get to see the Stanley Cup handed out. Unfortunately at that time, we had no idea it was NO GOAL!!!

Either did the Zamboni door dude! :rolleyes:

I did... Having watched on TV I immediately screamed that his foot was in the crease (having remebering vividly that year in early February where the Sabres were robbed by the rule against the Habs late with no more than a toe in the crease!)

:wallbash::lol:

That was a pretty entertaining game. The refs swallowed the whistle early, so it turned into a goon fest for the better part of the game, but a fun game to watch. Crosby getting nailed into the boards was classic, he'll be feeling that hit for a while. I'll give the Pens credit for giving all they had, but Detroit is just too good. Their D and puck control are phenomenal, must be nice for a goalie to only face around 20 shots every game.

On a side note, just wondering if anyone noticed Hasek during the photograph of the team with the cup. All the Red Wings are holding up the "we're #1" finger and here's Hasek holding up 2 fingers, as in this is my second Stanley Cup. Talk about a selfish b@stard, it's all about him. I didn't see Lidstrom holding up 4 fingers, what a class act....

On a side note, just wondering if anyone noticed Hasek during the photograph of the team with the cup. All the Red Wings are holding up the "we're #1" finger and here's Hasek holding up 2 fingers, as in this is my second Stanley Cup. Talk about a selfish b@stard, it's all about him. I didn't see Lidstrom holding up 4 fingers, what a class act....

i did not see it but are you sure it was a "2" and not a "V " for victory?

The refs swallowed the whistle early,

You mean right after they called the ridiculous penalty on Maltby's dive that ended up giving Detroit the big early PP that took the Penguins' crowd outta the game.

The officials in this series can kiss my ass. They sucked. As usual.