Water diversion from the Great Lakes

That line is one of the best. Sam Kinison had a great schtick on that issue.

Wasn't it something along the lines of "There wouldn't be world hunger if you people lived where the FOOD IS!" :rolleyes:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just messing with you...because they did pick the north east because of the waterways that were easily accessible to the inner US as they landed in nyc, boston etc....i am sure if they had easier access to phoenix or vegas, they would have settled there

The natural cycle is not just the temperature, but the ecosystem which can support human development and that includes access to clean water and stable land. But you knew that.

i was just messing with you...because they did pick the north east because of the waterways that were easily accessible to the inner US as they landed in nyc, boston etc....i am sure if they had easier access to phoenix or vegas, they would have settled there

Now I know you're joking. Who in their right mind would settle in Vegas or Phoenix before there was air conditioning and irrigation? Ethiopians, maybe.

This water issue is becoming more relevant as the years go by. I read a study about this issue a few years ago that said by the year 2050, a huge % of population will be migrating back to the Great Lakes. Places like Buffalo and Toledo will be thriving like crazy because they have this natural resource at their doorstep.

I attended a Sabres game down here against the Canes last season. At the time we were in the middle of a severe drought in NC. There were serious water restrictions going on at the time, people were being fined $1000 and up in Raleigh if they were caught watering their lawns. Anyway, the classy scoreboard operators at the RBC were putting up messages on the scoreboard that derided the city of Buffalo and Sabres fans. These continual messages led to some some not so friendly jaw jacking back and forth between my group of Sabres fans of various canes "faithful" seated around me. Finally after they put up some very original Buffalo weather jokes on the scoreboard I told the jackass fans around me that along with the horrible weather in Buffalo/WNY they also have an infinite supply of fresh water........ Silence.

Or the natural cycle is about to bounce back to the Rust Belt's favor. You do have to wonder why the settlers picked the NE to set up shop and not the beautiful coastlines all the way down to Galveston.

Don't f* with Mother Nature.

oh i know. but its fun to take shots and watch tater and gordio get their little panties all in a bunch.

This water issue is becoming more relevant as the years go by. I read a study about this issue a few years ago that said by the year 2050, a huge % of population will be migrating back to the Great Lakes. Places like Buffalo and Toledo will be thriving like crazy because they have this natural resource at their doorstep.

Toledo and cleveland will be thriving. Buffalo wont be. Dont underestimate their ability to !@#$ things up.

Anyway, the classy scoreboard operators at the RBC were putting up messages on the scoreboard that derided the city of Buffalo and Sabres fans.

I recall that from the ECF as well. No way, jokes about Super Bowls and snow?? How do they come up with such original stuff??

Friggin rednecks are easily amused. :rolleyes: