What Wills showed us

nodnarb

Before I get slammed, you all know I think Travis is a Very Good Back. I don't believe he'll ever be an ELITE back, however. He's tough, and he deserves respect as a player.

But he couldn't have made at least 6 of the plays Willis made today. Willis' legs are so powerful there's only one guy you can compare him to: Edgerrin James. Just when you think they stuffed a run and stopped his forward progress, he'd emerge - somehow - through the pile for an extra 3. He got the hard yards, he made much of little holes (don't forget - the fins have a great run D) and FOUND A WAY TO GET IT DONE, which is the most important aspect of his performance.

He shows that "It" that you have to have. Granted, it's only one starting performance, but it was a helluva first performance to get 111 against this defense with an OLine that hasn't exactly been pushing people backwards.

And to top it all off, in his postgame interview, Willis was humble. He credited the line and reminded the reporters that Travis is the starter and he's just doing his job.

I don't believe Travis would have showed that level of class if he had played in place of an injured Willis.

Aren't we all...

but I don't believe we can beat the Ravens with the same level of performance. They'll have to take it up a notch.

73216[/snapback]

The Ravens game should actually be a similar game. I'd put Miami's D up against the Ravens D anyday. Boller is young and not so experienced. Lewis is out. We should be looking at Chief's tapes right now because they shredded the hell out of them with quick crossing patterns.

I agree..It looks as though Willis is stuttering thru the hole and moving slow..THen Bam there he is slamming for 3-5 yards like clockwork..He really fools you going thru the hole..I dont think he will be on the bench much longer with runs like he had today...Another nice thing to see is Lee Evans involment in the offense more this week..He put a nice lick on Seau after a Moulds catch in the game today..

I respect your post and take it seriously. You continuously slammed me for posting unfavorable things about Henry.

It is great to see that you are a serious enough Bills/football fan to see the difference in a good runner and a good football player (MaGahee).

73247[/snapback]

Hey I thought Mcgahee was a gaurentee to get in the endzone on the 1 yard line :devil:

I never once thought Mcgahee wouldnt be a good back(and in the future be better then Henry) but you guys still think Henry isnt good and Mcgahee is already better....

Let me first say Mcgahee had a good game(GREAT 4th quarter).....BUT

He missed a block early, that resulted in the only sack....he dropped two passes, he slipped multiple times....he fell on a screen pass....For 3 quarters he averaged under 3yds per carry.....and looked worse then Henry has this season...

Then he took control in the 4th quarter, and did his part in a good win today.....

Right now I'm sorry but he isnt better then Henry....will he be down the road...I think so(and i hope so cause he is our future)....but right now Henry is still the better back.....

I'm no TH-Basher, but I couldn't help but notice some of the subtle things WM did today. His patience in letting his blocks set up was a pleasure to watch, and his ability to make the first guy miss can't be overstated. Also, the way he hits a pile only to disappear and then pop out on the other side for another 3 yds is somewhat reminiscent of Thurman...

I'm not proclaiming that he's ready for Canton just yet, but I'll admit that he scored some respect from this somewhat skeptical fan.

Hey I thought Mcgahee was a gaurentee to get in the endzone on the 1 yard line  :devil:

I never once thought Mcgahee wouldnt be a good back(and in the future be better then Henry) but you guys still think Henry isnt good and Mcgahee is already better....

He missed a block early, that resulted in the only sack....he dropped two passes, he slipped multiple times....he fell on a screen pass....For 3 quarters he averaged under 3yds per carry.....and looked worse then Henry has this season...

Then he took control in the 4th quarter, and did his part in a good win today.....

Right now I'm sorry but he isnt better then Henry....will he be down the road...I think so(and i hope so cause he is our future)....but right now Henry is still the better back.....

73323[/snapback]

Gotta respectfully disagree. Imo, Willis is a stud, and Travis is a dope.

Hey I thought Mcgahee was a gaurentee to get in the endzone on the 1 yard line   :devil:

73323[/snapback]

Man, I have to strongly, strongly disagree. McGahee was excellent the entire game. Some of his two and three yard runs were absolutely terrific. He got very few holes and made most of his yards on his own. At one point they showed that he had 82 or his 84 yards after he was hit. A couple first downs that he got on 3 yard runs were fantastic runs. He never gave up, he rarely if ever went backwards or down on the first hit. It usually took 2-3 Dolphins to take him down. He came up big on third downs on passes and runs. I saw him miss one block but he blocked well for the most part. The one pass he dropped was not going to be a first down anyway and wasnt a great pass to him. Willis was terrific today.

I'm glad you brought up Edge. It reminded me of Edge's NFL debut vs Bills. They had him bottled up for 3 solid quarters, but he just kept on going and somehow ended up with 130 yds and a W.

Can someone please help me understand how people were complaining that Bills have been a 3Q team this year, and now that they finally turn it on in 4Q, there are still negativie ninnies?

I'm glad you brought up Edge.  It reminded me of Edge's NFL debut vs Bills.  They had him bottled up for 3 solid quarters, but he just kept on going and somehow ended up with 130 yds and a W.

Can someone please help me understand how people were complaining that Bills have been a 3Q team this year, and now that they finally turn it on in 4Q, there are still negativie ninnies?

73342[/snapback]

Bush bad, Kerry good. Same mentality. No real facts, but they have been saying the same thing for so long they don't know any better. I hope their hotpockets hurry up so they stop typing the stupidity.

Man, I have to strongly, strongly disagree. McGahee was excellent the entire game. Some of his two and three yard runs were absolutely terrific. He got very few holes and made most of his yards on his own. At one point they showed that he had 82 or his 84 yards after he was hit. A couple first downs that he got on 3 yard runs were fantastic runs. He never gave up, he rarely if ever went backwards or down on the first hit. It usually took 2-3 Dolphins to take him down. He came up big on third downs on passes and runs. I saw him miss one block but he blocked well for the most part. The one pass he dropped was not going to be a first down anyway and wasnt a great pass to him. Willis was terrific today.

73338[/snapback]

Thanks for pointing this out, I thought he was great today too. At one point I was ready to declare it a great game for him even though he was only averaging 3-some yds a carry. The power he displayed on most of his runs was an eye-opener to me.

I'm glad you brought up Edge.  It reminded me of Edge's NFL debut vs Bills.  They had him bottled up for 3 solid quarters, but he just kept on going and somehow ended up with 130 yds and a W.

73342[/snapback]

I think Willis' debut was entirely too long in the making. Kdos to Willis. You made me a believer.

Bush bad, Kerry good.  Same mentality.  No real facts, but they have been saying the same thing for so long they don't know any better.  I hope their hotpockets hurry up so they stop typing the stupidity.

73354[/snapback]

excellent post, man. way to slip some partisan political gibberish into a discussion of a football game.

excellent post, man.  way to slip some partisan political gibberish into a discussion of a football game.

73371[/snapback]

Hey he was wondering how the stupidity exists, and I explained. The same stupidity comes out of both political parties so don't get your panties in a wad. But these folks have said Drew sucks for so long, they wouldn't know if it's his fault or not. They are incapable of looking at a game completely open minded to determine the problems, and even if they did they wouldn't know how to recognize it.

Before I get slammed, you all know I think Travis is a Very Good Back. I don't believe he'll ever be an ELITE back, however. He's tough, and he deserves respect as a player.

But he couldn't have made at least 6 of the plays Willis made today. Willis' legs are so powerful there's only one guy you can compare him to: Edgerrin James. Just when you think they stuffed a run and stopped his forward progress, he'd emerge - somehow - through the pile for an extra 3. He got the hard yards, he made much of little holes (don't forget - the fins have a great run D) and FOUND A WAY TO GET IT DONE, which is the most important aspect of his performance.

He shows that "It" that you have to have. Granted, it's only one starting performance, but it was a helluva first performance to get 111 against this defense with an OLine that hasn't exactly been pushing people backwards.

And to top it all off, in his postgame interview, Willis was humble. He credited the line and reminded the reporters that Travis is the starter and he's just doing his job.

I don't believe Travis would have showed that level of class if he had played in place of an injured Willis.

73166[/snapback]

Great post.....I totally agree......Some of the people who are pointing out the things that Wills didn't do right today kill me.....it was the guy's first start in the NFL! Give him a break....he showed a ton, especially when you consider his circumstances.

73338[/snapback]

The same could be said for alot of Henry's games.......making negative plays into positive, getting those extra 2-3 yds a play after the intial hit....Bottom line we got two good backs...

We gotta use dem both next week.....and I think Mularkey will..

Bush bad, Kerry good.  Same mentality.  No real facts, but they have been saying the same thing for so long they don't know any better.  I hope their hotpockets hurry up so they stop typing the stupidity.

73354[/snapback]

Maybe if I sprinkled it with flightsuit wearin, Halliburton runnin, nose pickin goat reference to the offense, there would be agreement.

and looked worse then Henry has this season...

73323[/snapback]

I see the paid chairperson of the Travis Henry fanclub is posting on our board. :devil: Are you frickin' serious!

73323[/snapback]

That maybe the most inane post of the day.