How is Trent Edwards doing in OTA's?

djh

From Chris Brown...Edwards when asked whether he was concerned with Peters absence:

I don’t think so at all, said Edwards Thursday. The funny thing I tell the offensive linemen and d-linemen is there’s only so much you really can do.

As a fan you have to hope that the 2nd tier players do benefit from the extra reps.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very worried about the offense, but I can't put all of the worry on Edwards. It the offensive decision making by the head coach that frightens me.

Like Marve, Jauron only takes decision making resonsibility for play calls on 4th down and 2 or less and in goal line situations. He's actually a far bette delegator than even Marve was.

GO BILLS!!!

Unfortunately, I agree that ultimately Jauron will be fired. For old Ralphie Boy to be involved in the Bills day to day football decisions last year shows that he has not faith in Jauron. Wilson was more involved than Jerry Jones........SCARY!!!

Pure and utter crap.

GO BILLS!!!

As previously stated, JP in that Jets game was a bad play on the ball by their safety away from throwing a pick.

In the KC game, where the defense ate Trent Green for lunch? And an offense that was led by a 9/16 137 yard 2 td (to Evans, surprise surprise) effort by that Magic Man?

Compare for a second JP to the NFL Vagabond that was Trent Green. Trent was an eighth round pick of the chargers who bounced around the league and found a niche eventually in KC. He had two games that season where he threw for sub 200. JP that year had 9, including two games where he threw for 75 yards. Think about that for a minute. 75 yards.

As a rookie, Edwards had 7, including one game of 97 yards. So as a rookie, his worst statistical game was against the NE Patriots in mop up duty, as opposed to Losman's two games against the terrible Saints and the Atlanta Falcons.

Trent isn't a hall of famer, nor do I expect him to be. I just expect him to be better than JP Losman.

Mop up duty? He played the ENTIRE Pats* game except the FIRST SERIES.

I think that JP looked very good in the second half of 2006, then Jauron smartly drafted the versatile Lynch and then dumbly proceeded to unveil the most pathetically predictable and conservative offense I have ever seen in my life. I'm not surprised that many here are blaming Losman and not facing up to what the REAL problem was in 2007. JP was dead on the money when he blasted the coaching and playcalling. Trent looked good and bad last year. I'm a little bit afraid that the defenses were catching up to his "checkdown" style and he won't be able to make them pay with the deep ball. I think we could have two good to very good QBs and/or two bad to very bad QBs. I think the answers will finally come in 2008. Jauron either chooses to finally believe in his players this season or he's gone.

This is non-sense. It was the same offense that Losman played in 2006 where he had his "breakout" year (of course, all the teams he did well against were some of the worst defenses in the NFL, but I digress).

Again, I like JP and have no ill will towards him. But he has no right to call out coaches at this point of his career. What if Fairchild came out and said my offense would have been better if I had a QB that could consistently complete 5 yards passes; not step out of the end zone; no take bad sacks; or find a way to get the ball to someone else besides Lee Evans??? That would be kinda of a slap to the face of Losman.

As for this "checkdown" style of Trent, this is silly. We are now faulting a guy for completing five yards passes??? Here's the crazy thing about those checkdown passes. If you athletes that can make YAC, then those 5 yards passes can become 10 + yard plays easily. Jason Witten catches a lot of dumpoffs. Also, check the stats. Trent completed more 20+ yard passes per pass attempt than Peyton, Brady, and our hero JP in their first year starting.

Basically, I've come to conclusion that those who think Losman could ever be a starter on a team with playoff aspirations are:

1) His family

2) Have a crush on him

3) Have his jersey

Because I don't know if Trent is the answer, but I know Losman isn't.

This is non-sense. It was the same offense that Losman played in 2006 where he had his "breakout" year (of course, all the teams he did well against were some of the worst defenses in the NFL, but I digress).

Again, I like JP and have no ill will towards him. But he has no right to call out coaches at this point of his career. What if Fairchild came out and said my offense would have been better if I had a QB that could consistently complete 5 yards passes; not step out of the end zone; no take bad sacks; or find a way to get the ball to someone else besides Lee Evans??? That would be kinda of a slap to the face of Losman.

As for this "checkdown" style of Trent, this is silly. We are now faulting a guy for completing five yards passes??? Here's the crazy thing about those checkdown passes. If you athletes that can make YAC, then those 5 yards passes can become 10 + yard plays easily. Jason Witten catches a lot of dumpoffs. Also, check the stats. Trent completed more 20+ yard passes per pass attempt than Peyton, Brady, and our hero JP in their first year starting.

Basically, I've come to conclusion that those who think Losman could ever be a starter on a team with playoff aspirations are:

1) His family

2) Have a crush on him

3) Have his jersey

Because I don't know if Trent is the answer, but I know Losman isn't.

Yet another insecure poster insulting someone who supports Losman. I'm sorry, but you lose all credibility when you do this. You'll appear more intelligent if you can support your arguments without resorting to the schoolyard stuff in the future. Besides, the "crush" thing has been pretty much used, abused and beaten to death. If you're going to use insults, you could at least be original.

I read little and then skipped to the end.

How can this topic POSSIBLY be up to almost 50 posts - a Losman / Edwards debate in MAY! :thumbsup::lol:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Opps, my ass just fell off.

I read little and then skipped to the end.

How can this topic POSSIBLY be up to almost 50 posts - a Losman / Edwards debate in MAY! :thumbsup::lol:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Opps, my ass just fell off.

You missed the RJ/Flutie debate in the midsection. You really must check it out.

Because we all know how Losman has light the Pats* up in his career. :thumbsup:

What the HELL does that have to do with the fact Trent played the entire game except the first series, being called mop up duty? ALL YOU JP HATERS put all JP's losses & everything else on him, like the rest of the team or coaching staff had no part in it. Next year I KNOW when Trent loses it will be the receivers fault for dropping a key pass or the lines fault for allowing a sack or the Offensive Coordinators fault for calling bad plays, there will be all kinds of EXCUSES for Trent, but in HATERS eyes JP is to blame for the CRAP of a team he has had to endure his entire time in Buffalo thus far.

Speaking of how Trent is doing in OTA's, and not wanting to start another thread, AND since I didn't see it posted anywhere else, after OTA yesterday, young James Hardy asked Trent to work with him on the fade route after practice. Nice to hear and see:

A rookie player without a signed contract is often the most affable, eager, willing, and charming chap one could ever hope for. :thumbsup:

We need to revisit this, after the Escalade has been purchased, the pockets bulge with jingle, the late-night clubs have been scouted out, and the posse has been bought. The more conservative approach would be to wait until the deodorant, sneaker, and man perfume contracts are inked. :lol:

What the HELL does that have to do with the fact Trent played the entire game except the first series, being called mop up duty? ALL YOU JP HATERS put all JP's losses & everything else on him, like the rest of the team or coaching staff had no part in it. Next year I KNOW when Trent loses it will be the receivers fault for dropping a key pass or the lines fault for allowing a sack or the Offensive Coordinators fault for calling bad plays, there will be all kinds of EXCUSES for Trent, but in HATERS eyes JP is to blame for the CRAP of a team he has had to endure his entire time in Buffalo thus far.

If you want to look up up past posts, I was big defender of JP. However after last year and examining his full body of work so far in his career, I just don't trust him. You and his remaining fan club make every excuse in the book for JP. And for as much as you say people are haters, so far in this thread you have already guessed TRent would get hurt and struggle this year.

For the last time, Losman seems like a great guy and most Bills fans wanted him to succeed. I think he could be a really good backup QB. I just don't trust him as an every game starter, and looking at his current record, I'm right not too. I'm a fan of the Bills and not one player, so I could care less who the starter is. But if Trent Edwards, in his 4th year, has the same stats as Losman did this past season and is playing comparable to a rookie 3rd rounder, I won't want Edwards starting either.

The truly SAD thing is the 08 Bills will be the 1st decent team with a shot at the playoffs since the Flutie/RJ team.

Guess you forgot about JP's first season as a starter when he inherited a 9-7 team that was one of the hottest in football down the stretch. I definitely agree that this team is looking good, but the 2006 team had very high expectations.

Guess you forgot about JP's first season as a starter when he inherited a 9-7 team that was one of the hottest in football down the stretch. I definitely agree that this team is looking good, but the 2006 team had very high expectations.

PLEASE :thumbsup::lol::)