How is Trent Edwards doing in OTA's?

djh

It is simple my friend. You believe that JP is good. I never did, and still do not.

You think that JP is better than Trent because he has more athletic ability.

JP is a modern day RJ, plain and simple. You will see, but it will take another year or so. :lol:

Thank you Bill. JP is just getting his timing down with Courtney so they can light it up that 2nd half of the 4th preseason game, cause that's the only action either will see in '08. :thumbsup:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize Trent was injured his entire college career & his first as a pro? I like Trent but I really can't stand his little fan club. I have heard "Poise" & "A lot of promise" about a guy who did not show me yet he is a winner, a guy who had worse stats than JP who you hate. The ONLY game Trent showed ANYTHING was the Skins game. I can think of six games where he flat out SUCKED. We shall see next year if Trent can stay healthy & just how well that "poise & promise" translates in his second year.

Tom Brady lost his starting job in college. College has nothing to do with pro performance.

And for the record, I was a big Losman supporter and wanted him to seize the starting job. But he never did. I'm a fan of every Bill and just want the best player to play. The Losman groupies remind of the guy who keeps catching his girlfriend cheating on him, yet he keeps thinking she will change. Maybe she will change, but it's not gonna be with you.

And for this better stats did you fact in the following:

1) The Miami games (of course Losman had to play in dreadful conditions in FL)

2) The only game Losman had success in was against Cincy, who allowed 55 points in a game and were a terrible defense.

3) Trent played in two of the worst weather games in team history (how did the Super Bowl MVP and a pro bowler Anderson do in those games?)

4) Oh and Losman was in his 4th year and Edwards was a rookie that was expected to be a 3rd stringer. Their stats shouldn't have been close.

Again, Losman fans seem to live in a little fantasy world. They think people have personal reasons why they dislike JP. Truth is, however, most were fans and rooted for the guy. But they realize that you aren't gonna win games consistently with a QB who is like Boller or Carr at the helm. No one has no idea how TE will do but I know that at least we won't be wasting another year with JP.

Thank you Bill. JP is just getting his timing down with Courtney so they can light it up that 2nd half of the 4th preseason game, cause that's the only action either will see in '08. :thumbsup:

Time will tell. What is the over/under on the week Trent is injured?

You're way too much Bill. Trent looked so fine before he left that Jet away game...it's too darn bad that idiot Losman had to go and pull the entire team's hide out of the fire pit with his touchdown bomb to Evans. Did you not watch Edwards last three games? Him getting only a measly three points against Dallas after Romo gave his offense a bushel of turnovers? Far better than Losman? It's to bad that you and a whole lot of other fans here actually feel that way. Edwards looked like crap the last part of the season and then decided to take a three month vacation from Buffalo. Edwards' rust is well deserved and I'm not surprised if he starts feeling the heat already.

What the hell did Losman ever do to you anyways? The guy makes a great play in practice and it's pile-on time for you. Why???? I have absofreakinglutely no idea.

If he is feeling the heat Jauron sure doesnt say anything about it here: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10846286/1

See I'm afraid Trent is RJ ( they're both injury prone)& JP is Flutie (athletic ability & able to pull out wins). I remember ALL the RJ supporters PILING on Flutie the way Trents fans pile on JP. At the end of next season we will see.

Trent was injured for 4 games his first yr..OMG..JP has been injured way more than that....POZ was injured all last yr so we shouldve drafted another MLB because POZ is injury prone?... Come on let it go.. If he was able to pull out wins he would still be starting...

if trent is as bad in 3 years as he was last year, he will be a bust and equal to jp.

i expect him to be a good steady player most of the time this year, with some bad looking picks at times, and an efficient quick strike O at other times.

i think/hope we will be putting miles on our RBs legs. jackson, lynch, omon, and wright could all get a lot of touches over the year if our D and special teams are good and we just go to town beating people up.

Do you realize Trent was injured his entire college career & his first as a pro? I like Trent but I really can't stand his little fan club. I have heard "Poise" & "A lot of promise" about a guy who did not show me yet he is a winner, a guy who had worse stats than JP who you hate. The ONLY game Trent showed ANYTHING was the Skins game. I can think of six games where he flat out SUCKED. We shall see next year if Trent can stay healthy & just how well that "poise & promise" translates in his second year.

Ok, so then what... as Bills fans do we watch JP have a few games with one of two nice deep passes but make 20 bad decisions? Personally, I've seen enough of the JP game. I'm ready for TE.

See I'm afraid Trent is RJ ( they're both injury prone)& JP is Flutie (athletic ability & able to pull out wins). I remember ALL the RJ supporters PILING on Flutie the way Trents fans pile on JP. At the end of next season we will see.

Flutie had a career record here in buffalo of 21-9 as a starter. Losman has a career record of 10-21. How the hell with that record do you consider him as winning games for us over his tenure here? BTW, you call Edwards injury prone yet Losman has been injured 3 out of his 1st 4 seasons here in Buffalo. How do you not consider him injury prone?

You're way too much Bill. Trent looked so fine before he left that Jet away game...it's too darn bad that idiot Losman had to go and pull the entire team's hide out of the fire pit with his touchdown bomb to Evans. Did you not watch Edwards last three games? Him getting only a measly three points against Dallas after Romo gave his offense a bushel of turnovers? Far better than Losman? It's to bad that you and a whole lot of other fans here actually feel that way. Edwards looked like crap the last part of the season and then decided to take a three month vacation from Buffalo. Edwards' rust is well deserved and I'm not surprised if he starts feeling the heat already.

A three-month "vacation" during which he added noticeable muscle. Look, I was vocal in my support for giving JP every chance to take and keep the QB job. I thought he deserved it after the way he was yanked around by Mularkey. He took every snap in 2006, showed signs of improvement, and was handed the job in 2007. He began 2007 with two terrible games, and then got hurt. He threw up a prayer against the Jets the DB misplayed, and then kept the job until he played his way out of it. JP's tryout is over. He'll play if Edwards gets hurt, but there is no controversy -- I don't care HOW many beautiful bombs he drops into Courtney Anderson's hands while wearing a red jersey in practice.

JP didn't "do anything" to anybody except show that even when given the opportunity, he is not a consistent starting QB in the NFL. He's not schitty; he's just also not good enough on a regular basis to give the team or coaches confidence.

That said -- if JP does get the opportunity to play because of injury, I have no doubt he'll put 100% of himself into the task.

In 2005 he started all 11 games for stanford. 2004 & 2006 he missed time due to injuries.

Whether or not Trent is better than JP is irrelevant. What I want to know is, will he consistently play better than he did against the Cowboys?

Another brilliant post. Let's see, is he going to play better then what he did in his 2nd career start against a team that was undefeated at the time & many had picked to go to the superbowl, all in front of the spotlight of Monday Night Football & a national audience. My guess is he is going to show great improvement this year from his 2nd start of his career.

Flutie had a career record here in buffalo of 21-9 as a starter. Losman has a career record of 10-21. How the hell with that record do you consider him as winning games for us over his tenure here? BTW, you call Edwards injury prone yet Losman has been injured 3 out of his 1st 4 seasons here in Buffalo. How do you not consider him injury prone?

Flutie played on a MUCH BETTER TEAM than JP. If JP had a decent team around him & a competent offensive coordinator I believe his record would have been much better.

Flutie played on a MUCH BETTER TEAM than JP. If JP had a decent team around him & a competent offensive coordinator I believe his record would have been much better.

He did play on a much better team, no arguement there, but unfortunately, for you to say he wins games is complete bullsh*t, unless you consider winning an average of three games a year in his last 3 seasons is winning games for us.

if trent is as bad in 3 years as he was last year, he will be a bust and equal to jp.

i expect him to be a good steady player most of the time this year, with some bad looking picks at times, and an efficient quick strike O at other times.

i think/hope we will be putting miles on our RBs legs. jackson, lynch, omon, and wright could all get a lot of touches over the year if our D and special teams are good and we just go to town beating people up.

If Trent is healthy and plays all 16 games this year, he will have played almost as many games as JP has, while on a MUCH BETTER TEAM & more consistent coaching (Turk is keeping the same terminology) than JP had, plus we all know he is more intelligent than JP, so I would expect his learning curve to be shorter.

He did play on a much better team, no arguement there, but unfortunately, for you to say he wins games is complete bullsh*t, unless you consider winning an average of three games a year in his last 3 seasons is winning games for us.

JP has the ability to win games. I was thinking of the Jets game last year when Trent was sucking, got injured & JP came in & won the game. The KC game a few years ago the same thing. JP's niche may be as a back up rather than starter. I am happy he is still on the Bills as back up to Trent.

JP has the ability to win games. I was thinking of the Jets game last year when Trent was sucking, got injured & JP came in & won the game. The KC game a few years ago the same thing. JP's niche may be as a back up rather than starter. I am happy he is still on the Bills as back up to Trent.

As previously stated, JP in that Jets game was a bad play on the ball by their safety away from throwing a pick.

In the KC game, where the defense ate Trent Green for lunch? And an offense that was led by a 9/16 137 yard 2 td (to Evans, surprise surprise) effort by that Magic Man?

Compare for a second JP to the NFL Vagabond that was Trent Green. Trent was an eighth round pick of the chargers who bounced around the league and found a niche eventually in KC. He had two games that season where he threw for sub 200. JP that year had 9, including two games where he threw for 75 yards. Think about that for a minute. 75 yards.

As a rookie, Edwards had 7, including one game of 97 yards. So as a rookie, his worst statistical game was against the NE Patriots in mop up duty, as opposed to Losman's two games against the terrible Saints and the Atlanta Falcons.

Trent isn't a hall of famer, nor do I expect him to be. I just expect him to be better than JP Losman.

It is simple my friend. You believe that JP is good. I never did, and still do not.

You think that JP is better than Trent because he has more athletic ability.

JP is a modern day RJ, plain and simple. You will see, but it will take another year or so. :thumbsup:

I think that JP looked very good in the second half of 2006, then Jauron smartly drafted the versatile Lynch and then dumbly proceeded to unveil the most pathetically predictable and conservative offense I have ever seen in my life. I'm not surprised that many here are blaming Losman and not facing up to what the REAL problem was in 2007. JP was dead on the money when he blasted the coaching and playcalling. Trent looked good and bad last year. I'm a little bit afraid that the defenses were catching up to his "checkdown" style and he won't be able to make them pay with the deep ball. I think we could have two good to very good QBs and/or two bad to very bad QBs. I think the answers will finally come in 2008. Jauron either chooses to finally believe in his players this season or he's gone.

Flutie played on a MUCH BETTER TEAM than JP. If JP had a decent team around him & a competent offensive coordinator I believe his record would have been much better

You can say the same thing about ANY QB playing on a better team. That's just common sense. If Edwards had a decent team around him and a competent OC his record would have been much better, too. You can't limit the "better team around him" discussion to JP alone. Or can you?

If Trent is healthy and plays all 16 games this year, he will have played almost as many games as JP has, while on a MUCH BETTER TEAM & more consistent coaching (Turk is keeping the same terminology) than JP had, plus we all know he is more intelligent than JP, so I would expect his learning curve to be shorter.

If Trent plays all 16 games this year he would have ALMOST as many games as JP? Is that the same definition of ALMOST that applies to horseshoes and hand grenades? Also, JP was coming off a 16 game starting streak in '06, with the SAME OC, terminology, and better OL to boot. The MODEL of consistency from one year to the next. He simply regressed. It happens.

Aside from the KC game in '05, the Texans game in '06, and the Jets last year (which was a LUCKY play to Evans on an underthrown pass the DB just missed) I would argue JP has shown far too little in terms of "ability to win games." In fact the stats support the exact opposite claim. I do agree his niche may be as a change of pace "give the other team something to think about" backup. I wouldn't mind having him in that role if we can't get a decent trade for the guy.

GO BILLS!!!