Rachael Ray a terrorist

Ramius

As for the Rachael Ray story...well, she annoys me (I swear, if I hear that gravelly voice say "Delish!" one more time, I'm going to !@#$ing wig out...) But a terrorist? Dunkin' Donuts yanks the commercial because Michelle Malkin is the only person idiotic enough to see Rachael Ray's scarf in a Dunkin' Donuts commercial as a symbol of terrorism? Are you !@#$ing kidding me? :rolleyes:

It never ceased to amaze me that people continue to watch a show the stars a person that annoys them. I've watched her maybe a total of 15 minutes thought she sucked from a cook's perspective and have never watched her again. It TV that mezmerizing?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It TV that mezmerizing?

No...well...maybe...but the real issue is that she probably is appealing to many fat suburban housewives, with no talent, no breasts and no charisma; just like her. :rolleyes:

Steely, you're usually on the level, but if you don't think CNN has an agenda, you're not looking hard enough . . . Cincy is on the money with the 1 against 5 comment. Fox has an agenda just as CNN, MSNBC, anf the big 3 networks do . . . It's easier for you to spot Fox's agenda, cuz you don't agree with it, just as it's easier for those of us that lean right to see the blatant bias of the other 5 . . .

Forget Rachael Ray, who's the chick in your avatar...

Lucy Pinder

Yes.

Are you sure?

Rachel Ray has benefited from airbrush and makeup more than any other human I've seen. Don't believe the hype.

She's gained weight but yeah I probably would. Got a thing for short chicks! :rolleyes:

Fox News is the official cheerleader of the GOP. That doesn't make me a left winger (I cannot stand the GOP or the Democratic party); it just means I have common sense.

If you aren't an ultra-conservative you're a left winger. Just deal with it. The Republicans say so and so it is so. :lol:

I refer to Ray as "Mudflap". The only useful thing she could do for me is to hang from my vehicle fender and get pelted with road excrement. I think that paints a nice picture.

I'd have to bolt from the room after 5 minutes' worth of being pummeled by her nauseating cutesy speech and her oh-so precious mugging for the camera.

May she break her coccyx crashing down onto the linoleum by slipping on a drip of her pretentious EVOO.

:rolleyes:

And the others are official cheerleaders of the Dems. 5 against 1. Nice stacking of the deck... :rolleyes:

Even if this were the case (and it hardly is, they are biased to what will bring them the $$$), why do you think that would be?

It never ceased to amaze me that people continue to watch a show the stars a person that annoys them. I've watched her maybe a total of 15 minutes thought she sucked from a cook's perspective and have never watched her again. It TV that mezmerizing?

Never watched her show. But that Christmas-time Dunkin' Donuts commercial (the one where she wasn't supporting terrorism) got far too much air play. I don't even remember the rest of that commercial, just that raspy "Delish!" that made me want to throw a shoe at the !@#$ing TV.

Nothing like a good lynch-mob thread, but isn't Michelle Malkin a syndicated columnist? What does this have to do with Fox News (other than they reported that DD responded to Malkin's column)?

:rolleyes:

William Buckley must be spinning like a gyroscope in his grave. Can any numbnut with a right wing lean get on Fox News? I mean is there at least a minimum IQ of 40?

PTR

I have to chime in here, because this pisses me off.

This is much ado about nothing. You hear me Michelle Malkin? MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Michelle Malkin's the only conservative in history who went to Oberlin College, so I've gotta wonder about her anyway.

What we have here is a picture of an attractive, fortyish talk show host and cooking personality who is wearing a scarf. YOU HEAR ME MICHELLE??? IT'S A FREAKING SCARF!!!

You can hate Rachael Ray for any reason, from her manner of speaking to her ubiquitishness (is that even a word?). But this is crap. Crap crap crap crap crap.

Dunkin Donuts should have released a statement that said something to the tune of: "We're not pulling the commercial campaign. This is a scarf, and Rachael Ray is employed by us to sell donuts, bagels, and coffee, some of which is the best around. We employ Rachael because millions love her, and we will not be bullied by what a second-rate pundit has to say. Ms. Malkin and others may have the right to say it, but we have the right to call them out on it and give them a wedgie, because what they say is dumb and thinking people make absolutely no connection between Rachael Ray and Islamic terrorism."

It is a scarf. Distinctive hate couture, my large white hairy buttocks.

Never watched her show. But that Christmas-time Dunkin' Donuts commercial (the one where she wasn't supporting terrorism) got far too much air play. I don't even remember the rest of that commercial, just that raspy "Delish!" that made me want to throw a shoe at the !@#$ing TV.

:lol:

I have to chime in here, because this pisses me off.

This is much ado about nothing. You hear me Michelle Malkin? MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Michelle Malkin's the only conservative in history who went to Oberlin College, so I've gotta wonder about her anyway.

What we have here is a picture of an attractive, fortyish talk show host and cooking personality who is wearing a scarf. YOU HEAR ME MICHELLE??? IT'S A FREAKING SCARF!!!

You can hate Rachael Ray for any reason, from her manner of speaking to her ubiquitishness (is that even a word?). But this is crap. Crap crap crap crap crap.

Dunkin Donuts should have released a statement that said something to the tune of: we're not pulling the commercial campaign. This is a scarf, and Rachael Ray is employed by us to sell donuts, bagels, and coffee, some of which is the best around. We employ Rachael because millions love her, and we will not be bullied by what a second-rate pundit has to say. You may have the right to say it, but we have the right to call you out on it and give you a wedgie, because what you say is dumb and thinking people make absolutely no connection between Rachael Ray and Islamic terrorism.

It is a scarf. Distinctive hate couture, my large white hairy buttocks.

No, they should invite her to a press conference about it and have her stand next to the speaker and when it comes to the part about a wedgie he does it as he says it! :rolleyes:

I have lost a lot of respect for DD because of this. One person says something really ridiculous and they cave. Remember the gay teletubbie? They never caved on it and they found it funny.

I have lost a lot of respect for DD because of this. One person says something really ridiculous and they cave.

They went from John Goodman to Rachael Ray as a spokesperson. How much respect could you have had for them to begin with? I mean, really...what the hell was that decision-making process? "Okay, we've got the obese everyman demographic locked in...now who can we get to target that hot-girl's-plain-friend-with-personality-so-painfully-chipper-it-grates demographic?...wait, I know!"

Remember the gay teletubbie?

Sorry, you'll have to be more specific. :thumbsup:

Classic windmill-tilt, there. Jerry Falwell goes up against a teletubby - not THE TELETUBBIES, mind you, just ONE - and friggin' loses. Right up there with Dan Quayle going toe-to-toe with Murphy Brown for being a single parent (memo to Dan: SHE'S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!)

Classic windmill-tilt, there. Jerry Falwell goes up against a teletubby - not THE TELETUBBIES, mind you, just ONE - and friggin' loses. Right up there with Dan Quayle going toe-to-toe with Murphy Brown for being a single parent (memo to Dan: SHE'S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!)

Where's the spit take smiley? I never thought of Falwell losing to a single teletubbie (not a parent at the time).

:thumbsup::lol::)

What is ridiculous about FOX news? Unlike CBS, NBC, MSNBS, ABC, CNN, when they report news the do just that. Unlike those others, they don't interject their philosophy into their news broadcasts. Of course FOX does in their chit-chat and features. Same at the others. You will never see a blatant blame America show like Lou Dobbs's pithy crap on CNN. That fool believes all problems began with President Bush's 1st day in office, totally ignoring the record meteoric rise in trade deficit under the Clinton Administration, totally ignoring the unheard-of oil company mergers, totally ignoring the likes of companies like Enron, Global Crossing, and Tyco that ran amok under the watchful eye of Bill.

So it's 5 left-leaning broadcasters against 1 right-leaning one. Do you want to wipe the one dissenting voice that doesn't agree with you off of the map?

Where was your so-called "left leaning" media asking the hard questions when the war drums were banging back in 2002/2003?

Oh wait...

:thumbsup:

The very fact that you have to have news channels with agendas should scare you. What's wrong with just news...you know, stuff that happens described factually?

PTR

Ah... Because it is a very American thing to take a postion in the news... Being "impartial" was a relatively new concept starting early in the last century.

It is what our country was built on... Outlets were EXPECTED to take a position... We are finally returning to that with more news outlets.