Jason Peters

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any info out there regarding the extent of Peters' injury, or rehabilitation progress? :D

If there is any question at all about Peters health, the Bills are even more arrogant than orignally thought for not pursuing a legitimate option at LT.

This is great! With our 2 DE's, Peters eventually and Dockery, Evans soon too, some of the highest paid players in the game and we haven't had a winning record or playoff in 7-8 years. Something wrong with THAT picture.

God, you're a tool. :D

And for all the bashing of Chambers, in his 1st start against a top 10 defense, the entire o-line allowed 0 sacks and Lynch for over 100 yards. But I guess he sucks as a backup tackle because he wasn't picked in this drafted.

As for Peters, pay the man. No pro bowl LT deserves to be the 3rd highest paid lineman on his team.

Chambers is not a quality backup because he does not have the athleticsm and footwork to handle the typical RDE without a lot of help from the TE and backs. Chambers on his own is like a turnstyle.

If he is forced to play, the entire offense will become comatose again because of the need to keep extra players in to block for both Walker and Chambers.

Chambers is not a quality backup because he does not have the athleticsm and footwork to handle the typical RDE without a lot of help from the TE and backs. Chambers on his own is like a turnstyle.

If he is forced to play, the entire offense will become comatose again because of the need to keep extra players in to block for both Walker and Chambers.

Instead of wasting 5,000+ posts bashing the Bills, you should apply to become a scout or a member of the front office. Clearly, you know more about how to build a team than anyone at One Bills Drive. Your brilliance will be missed here, but there is little doubt the team you constructed of 20 offensive linemen will be a Super Bowl contender in no time. :D

This is great! With our 2 DE's, Peters eventually and Dockery, Evans soon too, some of the highest paid players in the game and we haven't had a winning record or playoff in 7-8 years. Something wrong with THAT picture.

I couldn't agree more. It's starting to get out of hand. It's not enough to lock up one of your own for a bunch of years. They all want mega-blockbuster deals as if they play for the Redskins or Cowboys. Wake up, people. This is Buffalo! A decade of nothing and everyone wants to get paid like they cured cancer or something. It's B.S. I like Peters, but this is crap he's pulling. If you didn't believe in yourself enough to ask for money before you signed your deal, why should we have faith in you now?

i was thinking the bills were gonna sign evans this year, and re do peters next year.

i don't think they want to drop an additional 35 or so guaranteed bucks right now at once.

maybe they can arrang something -- have a two tiered bonus incase he gets hurt this year or something.

i was thinking the bills were gonna sign evans this year, and re do peters next year.

i don't think they want to drop an additional 35 or so guaranteed bucks right now at once.

maybe they can arrang something -- have a two tiered bonus incase he gets hurt this year or something.

good thing they will be getting $78 mil for those Toronto games.

too bad the agents read the papers too and are aware of the extra cash

If there is any question at all about Peters health, the Bills are even more arrogant than orignally thought for not pursuing a legitimate option at LT.

Okay, let's go with this brilliant logic. I'd say that QB is more important than LT. So the Bills should have drafted a starting caliber QB just in case Trent gets injured, before drafting a LT. Then they should have drafted that backup LT. Then the next pick should have been a backup punter in case Moorman gets injured. Then a kicker. Then... :D

I have to ask: is there anything that makes you happy, or do you just roam the world ensuring every silver lining you see gets a dark, damp cloud crammed inside it?

In that case I would understand re-negotiating it, but thats a very rare case

But thats not really the case with Peters right now. He signed the deal when he was already an emerging linemen. If this was him wanting to renegotiate the deal he signed as an UFA tight End, then i would agree.

My example may have been slightly exaggerated to get the point across, but in theory that's exactly what has happened. Peters was an "emerging" but still unproven RT when that deal was struck -- now he's an all-pro at a much more valuable position.

I have to ask: is there anything that makes you happy, or do you just roam the world ensuring every silver lining you see gets a dark, damp cloud crammed inside it?

LA, he reminds me of a guy who sits a row behind friends of mine at RWS. I sometimes sit with them when I return for a visit. We're talking GREAT seats -- midfield, lower level -- so the guy has been a season ticket holder forever. He has to be in his 50s or 60s, and after EVERY play he makes a derogatory comment about a Buffalo player or coach. If the Bills rush for a TD, somebody missed a block or it would have been easier. If there's a TD pass, it was thrown late and they got lucky. At one point in the second quarter of a game THE BILLS WERE WINNING I couldn't take any more and turned around to ask him "why do you come to the games?" I got an icy glare but no response.

Some people are just miserable.

i'd much prefer seeing evans and crowell extended over peters, as they are both up after the '08 season......peters can live with his deal UNTIL the bills are ready to discuss it - no one put a gun to his head when he took his fat signing bonus to extend........and of course, if he didn't take that extension he wouldn't be under-paid right now

play or sit home, whatever

Okay, let's go with this brilliant logic. I'd say that QB is more important than LT. So the Bills should have drafted a starting caliber QB just in case Trent gets injured, before drafting a LT. Then they should have drafted that backup LT. Then the next pick should have been a backup punter in case Moorman gets injured. Then a kicker. Then... :D

If the 2 most important positions on the team are QB and LT - then a smart team will have quality backups in place so the team does not totally collapse if there is an injury.

Losman is a quaolity backup at QB.

They have no backup at LT - for which they would not have to change their whole offense so their Qb does not get killed.

Chmabers is a turnstyle

At this point, there are so many issues which could affect a deal with Peters. Evans and Crowell are due for another contract, and now Peters. All of this is before the rookies are signed.

Not to mention the impending labor issues now that owners opted out of the CBA. This won't affect the 08 and 09 seasons, but with the potential for there to be an uncapped year in 2010, front offices could experience some huge issues. The owners and NFLPA have another 10 months to get something done on a new CBA.

The Bills collected their 78M from their Toronto pals. They may have to use it before they wanted. Franchise LT's aren't in good supply, and are always a priority than WR's or OLBs like Evans and Crowell.

If the 2 most important positions on the team are QB and LT - then a smart team will have quality backups in place so the team does not totally collapse if there is an injury.

Losman is a quaolity backup at QB.

They have no backup at LT - for which they would not have to change their whole offense so their Qb does not get killed.

Chmabers is a turnstyle

theres still a bunch of us waiting for you to list all of the teams that have quality backups at LT.