Willis' work habits

Former Ravens coach Brian Billick often had to pull Willis McGahee in the fourth quarter of games last year due to poor conditioning.

Poor conditioning won't fly under new coach Jim Harbaugh, whose offseason program has already been more intense than anything Billick ran. Training camp will likely be much tougher under the ex-Eagles special teams coach.

Per rotoworld

Former Ravens coach Brian Billick often had to pull Willis McGahee in the fourth quarter of games last year due to poor conditioning.

Poor conditioning won't fly under new coach Jim Harbaugh, whose offseason program has already been more intense than anything Billick ran. Training camp will likely be much tougher under the ex-Eagles special teams coach.

Per rotoworld

Jim Harbaugh? Captain Comeback?

Jim Harbaugh? Captain Comeback?

Oops. That should actually read JOHN Harbaugh, Jim's brother. The guy who took a swing at Kelly is the head coach at Stanford.

I forget why he did that.

If memory serves, on a pre-game show in Buffalo the recently retired Kelly criticized Harbaugh by saying he was a ''baby'' who ''overdramatized'' injuries. Later that week they ran into each other and Harbaugh broke his hand (pinky?) on Jimbo's head.

This sounds strangely familiar.

And yet people were questioning why the Bills constantly took McGahee off on 3rd downs late in the game.

Also, this may be the reason why Billick chose to pass 4 times on that last drive against the Bills last year, when he had a 100 yard rusher in the game.

Maybe John Harbaugh (or Jim, or whoever for that matter) needs to get on McGahee and get him in shape. Willis is a phenomenal athlete who has gotten by without having to bust his arse. I find it hard to believe that anybody is dumb enough to slack off when it comes to conditioning when they have Ray Lewis roaming around. That's just plain stupid if you ask me.

Maybe John Harbaugh (or Jim, or whoever for that matter) needs to get on McGahee and get him in shape. Willis is a phenomenal athlete who has gotten by without having to bust his arse. I find it hard to believe that anybody is dumb enough to slack off when it comes to conditioning when they have Ray Lewis roaming around. That's just plain stupid if you ask me.

Ray lewis isnt gonna say anything to willis, because they all spend the entire offseason at the "U" with the current U squad running the train on the incoming hurricane freshmen.

• 4 weeks later...

Per rotoworld

If he were to buckle down and get himself in shape he could have a monster year.

I like when coaches push players to the extreme.......................

Then you must not like Dick Jauron. His camp is said to be among the easiest in the NFL. The massive amount of players injured and very poor early season starts are clear evidence he takes it too easy on them. It's yet another thing Jauron needs to change about his losing coaching style.

Then you must not like Dick Jauron. His camp is said to be among the easiest in the NFL. The massive amount of players injured and very poor early season starts are clear evidence he takes it too easy on them. It's yet another thing Jauron needs to change about his losing coaching style.

Nailed it right there.

Jauron's intellectual/motivator ratio is about 99/1.

I'm sure that he can outthink most other coaches in the NFL but getting his players to understand and execute is his weak point.

He probably kicks asss at Madden though.

How does tougher conditioning not have players break their arms or injury their knees??? :thumbsup: Funny that in 2006, they were one of the healthiest teams in the league. If Jauron's camp doesn't prepare players as well as you say it doesn't, explain that.