Watching the Bills-Bengals replay on NFL Network

I was at the game, but as a resident of Cincinnati (and the roommate of a Bengals season ticket holder), I just got a HUGE smile on my face again...

2:12 to play in the game...Bills up 33-21. As the Bengals offense takes the field, "Welcome to the Jungle" is played over the stadium speakers...

BEAUTIFUL!

Surprisingly, JP played pretty well that game, I think.

It wasnt really "surprisingly". JP had something to prove going into the game and I fully expected him to play well against the Bungles pass defense.

Chad Johnson was HORRIBLE that game. He looked like he was stoned. And people want us to trade for him?

I was at the game, but as a resident of Cincinnati (and the roommate of a Bengals season ticket holder), I just got a HUGE smile on my face again...

2:12 to play in the game...Bills up 33-21. As the Bengals offense takes the field, "Welcome to the Jungle" is played over the stadium speakers...

BEAUTIFUL!

Marshawn's TD pass was a thing of beauty...I was munching on some wings while the replay was on and glanced up just as that play happened

Yeah why did we not see that play again the rest of the year? A good coach knows if something works, stay with it, until the other team stops it.

You have really low standards of quarterback play ;)
That game showed that when they open the offense J.P. plays good.Some reason the following week they didn't open it up againts the Dolphins, like they did againts the Bengals.If your offense is working one way,why change it the following week?

That game showed that when they open the offense J.P. plays good.Some reason the following week they didn't open it up againts the Dolphins, like they did againts the Bengals.If your offense is working one way,why change it the following week?

I guess by "opening up the offense" you really mean "throw every pass to Lee Evans deep."

EXACTLY. Its not the players that were the problem with the Bills last year, its the way that they were used, which is what is keeping me from being too optimistic for this year. But if they get any sort of production out of these players, then they should be okay. Of course JP is going to look sh------- if you dont let him throw the ball deep or anything, just like how Vince Young would look like sh-- in a west coast offense. Imagine Carson Palmer playing for the WVU Mountaineers last year, it just wouldnt work. But hey, keep bashing JP for not being good enough at the vagina offense Jauron/Fairchild employ.

Surprisingly, JP played pretty well that game, I think.

Well I wasn't that surprised, he was fighting for his job at home against one of the worst defenses in the league. Ive said it before JP has all the skills to burn you, but his execution is lacking. Given the time he's had to prove himself I think its fair to say hes clearly not the next Jim Kelly or even close. If Edwards is so much as the next matt hasselbeck we should be ok.

Also, I dont believe having JP on the team this year will be a detriment to the development of edwards. Generally its good to have competition at every position. Quarterback should be no different.

My comment was more broad based for his current whole body of work, which I wouldn't call "good". We all have our theories on why. He performed good against a very bad defense. Then followed it up with more inconsistency.

My comment was more broad based for his current whole body of work, which I wouldn't call "good". We all have our theories on why. He performed good against a very bad defense. Then followed it up with more inconsistency.
The only year he started.He had a good season.Look at the talent he had around him.Pearless Price was our no. two reciever.That says alot right there,that guy couldn't even make it on any other team .Gandy was our left tackle.He still com 63 pct. of his passes ,19 t.d.and 14 int.If Edwards has a year like that in 2008 everybody is going to say he had a good season .Look at the talent he will have around him.Good pass blocking offensive line.Big target reciever "Hardy" to go with Evans.

surprisingly I think both JP or Trent would do better or abve avg. this year given our starting roster on both sides of the ball. We have a defense that can maybe force some punts (on paper), and some "weapons" on Offense with a returning starting 5 on the OL for as long as i can remember. The more important being the Improved Defense hopefully being able to put the ball back in the offenses hands more often. An offense cant rack up stats and pts standing on the side lines now can they.