Hypothetical Question

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No first. Maybe a third.

I've got a bad feeling that if we did get Taylor, it'd be a washed up Thurman in reverse.. :wallbash:

Besides, our new front seven deserves a look see before any more additions, IMO. I've got a good feeling on them. :wallbash:

Would you do it? Taylor can still bring it and would instantly provide some solid veteran leadership to our D. He's unhappy with Parcells, Parcells would have no hesitation about a division trade...he just wants more picks. What do you think?

I'd go for it.

Article that got me thinking about this

no freaking way. his production fell off anyways last year before getting injured...34 years old is way too old. we'd maybe get 2 years of decent production.

Would you do it? Taylor can still bring it and would instantly provide some solid veteran leadership to our D. He's unhappy with Parcells, Parcells would have no hesitation about a division trade...he just wants more picks. What do you think?

I'd go for it.

As much as I think Taylor is still a beast, he's only a beast for a couple of more seasons. I wouldn't give a first for a guy who will only preform well for a couple of seasons. A third maybe but not a 1st.

I'd go for it.

1) Why would you help out a division rival by giving them a 1st for their garbage?

2) Why do you want him? Because he still can play, or because he's a terrific dancer?

PTR

no freaking way. his production fell off anyways last year before getting injured...34 years old is way too old. we'd maybe get 2 years of decent production.

Tqaylor is on his way to Hollywood

mentally he is already there.

any draft picks for a 1 year rental player when we have 4 DEs already is pretty dam stupid.

If he lost 2 of our DEs to season long injury then maybe you mortgage the future - but it would depend on close to the playoffs you are.

what are you nuts? guy isnt even sure he wants to play... and you want to give 1st,, you should stop drinking it seems to be affectting your sanity, ,,,,,,,4th round pick maybe but do you want to pay him 8 million he due this yr?

The Bills made this deal once before ... it was the Drew Bledsoe deal. He played well at first, but the rest of the team was not ready to be anything more than 8-8. Then his play declined. This would play out much the same way ... even if Taylor accepted it and showed up to play a part-time role rushing the passer, it's unlikely he is the missing piece to a Super Bowl run. In a couple years when maybe the talent and experience is there for that, he will be too old to contribute and the Bills will have helped rebuild their biggest rival.

4th round pick maybe but do you want to pay him 8 million he due this yr?

R U on crack? Seriously... the Bills have 3 DEs plus Spencer Johnson, plus they spent a 3rd on Ellis?

WTF does Taylor bring to this team... I'll tell you, a washed up DE with one, maybe two seasons left in the tank... if he plays part time... no way his pay is = 2 his performance. :wallbash:

Some of you make me laugh....draft picks are gold and every one is the next pro bowl whatever right? How many 1st rounders do we have from the last 8 years who will start for us this year? 3...Whitner, Lynch and Evans.

How many times has Jason Taylor beaten the Pats* in the last 8 years....how many times have we?

We have 4 DEs...right, we may have one in Schobel. The others are solid players, not difference makers. Taylor won the Defensive MVP of the league two years ago. Who was the last Bill to get individual league-wide honors?

Taylor, yeah, he wants a career in Hollywood. If he gets the Bills to the playoffs and takes down Brady on national TV, he'd raise his profile a lot right?

You'd get 2 good years out of him and one mediocre. Thats more good years than any of the 1st round picks we made this decade (save Lynch or Whitner, too young to tell on either). Think about that.

I'd be all for offering Miami our #2, but if it took the #1...go for it.

We need to get Jason Taylor for our number one pick like we need another assshole.

OK...3rd and goal, 9-6 BUF leading 10-5 NE 20-16 with :35 seconds to play...Brady has the ball at our 7, who do you want rushing him Kelsey/McCargo/Johnston/Schobel or Taylor/McCargo/Johnston/Schobel?

Some of you make me laugh....draft picks are gold and every one is the next pro bowl whatever right? How many 1st rounders do we have from the last 8 years who will start for us this year? 3...Whitner, Lynch and Evans.

How many times has Jason Taylor beaten the Pats* in the last 8 years....how many times have we?

We have 4 DEs...right, we may have one in Schobel. The others are solid players, not difference makers. Taylor won the Defensive MVP of the league two years ago. Who was the last Bill to get individual league-wide honors?

Taylor, yeah, he wants a career in Hollywood. If he gets the Bills to the playoffs and takes down Brady on national TV, he'd raise his profile a lot right?

You'd get 2 good years out of him and one mediocre. Thats more good years than any of the 1st round picks we made this decade (save Lynch or Whitner, too young to tell on either). Think about that.

I'd be all for offering Miami our #2, but if it took the #1...go for it.

So jason taylor is the only thing standing between the Bills and the playoffs? Really?

Sorry but unless you can convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt that this will be a playoff-caliber offense RIGHT NOW (here's a hint: you can't), then there's no point giving away a first round pick for a guy with 1 or 2 years left.