who tinkled in Jerry's cornflakes this a.m. J.P.?

If he were given a fair shot at competing?...

He could definitely win the starting QB job for these NFL teams...Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Texans, Raiders, Chiefs, Redskins, Vikings, Bears, Panthers, Falcons, 49ers.

dude, the bills? you are aware the bills have him on the roster and benched his ass right?

no friggen way could he start for the texans. no chance, he wouldn't even beat out sage, let alone schuab

likewise he could not start on the skins.

he could not beat out grossman (who is the same erratic big arm guy, but has won playoff games)

he could not beat out delholm

he could not beat out alex smith, although that is a close one.

he couldn't beat out pennington (if he's ok wrt to health) and doesn't show much over clemmens

he couldn't beat out the 1 guy in oakland, although that has a lot to do with him being picked so high, same with ryan in atlants.

he's pretty much good enough for miami (but i think they might be big on henne) and i agree he should beat out croyel in KC.

might beat out kid on the vikings too.

that's 3 teams i agree he could start on, AND HOW CAN YOU MENTION THE BILLS? HE LOST HIS JOB TWICE LAST YEAR!

the thing is harrington, leftwich, and culpepper could beat him out for those jobs if they were up against him.

he's just not a starter dude, face it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could definitely win the starting QB job for these NFL teams...Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Texans, Raiders, Chiefs, Redskins, Vikings, Bears, Panthers, Falcons, 49ers.

Here it is...

Click.

dude, the bills? you are aware the bills have him on the roster and benched his ass right?

no friggen way could he start for the texans. no chance, he wouldn't even beat out sage, let alone schuab

he could not beat out grossman (who is the same erratic big arm guy, but has won playoff games)

he couldn't beat out pennington (if he's ok wrt to health) and doesn't show much over clemmens

he couldn't beat out the 1 guy in oakland, although that has a lot to do with him being picked so high, same with ryan in atlants.

he's pretty much good enough for miami (but i think they might be big on henne) and i agree he should beat out croyel in KC.

that's 3 teams i agree he could start on, AND HOW CAN YOU MENTION THE BILLS? HE LOST HIS JOB TWICE LAST YEAR!

the thing is harrington, leftwich, and culpepper could beat him out for those jobs if they were up against him.

You almost could rhyme this with Dr Seuss CAt in the HAt

Jp could not start here or there

Jp COuld not start anywhere

He would not could not with John FOx

He would not could not read eight in the box :wallbash:

The difference is that I try not to pretend that I know something which I don't know, and then try to pass it off as gospel.

What I DO know, and what folks like yourself refuse to accept or even acknowledge, is that no one knows how JP ranks because (as I've stated here a number of times in the past), he's been treated and managed only slightly better than a Britney Spears newborn. Add to that all the weaknesses on the team from a roster standpoint (no #2 WR, TE) and then add to THAT the horrific and downright perplexing playcalling by Fairchild, and THEN add to that the embarrassing and inexcusable fact that neither quarterback was allowed to audible out of some horrible playcalling, and it is impossible...goddamn impossible...for you or anyone else who spends time as an online fan to know jack shiit about what JP can or can not do or how he ranks.

For some reason, people like you and Jerry Sullivan simply refuse to accept or acknowledge any of these conditions.

total nonsense.

how can you accuse me of passing off my opinion as gospel but then say that

"no one knows how JP ranks because (as I've stated here a number of times in the past), he's been treated and managed only slightly better than a Britney Spears newborn"

that's just putrid crap. i'll tell you something, the bills staff have seen every damn snap and practice game, and meeting, and every minute of his entire nfl career. and they've figured he ranks behind a 3rd round rookie last year. two years ago they figure he ranked behind kelly friggen holcomb. he's not a rookie anymore, there is no question about maybe he just hasn't had enough time, or coaching, or players around him. he's been given plenty of rope and he's hung himself every time.

teams, even bad ones with problems, have to make a decsion about who should start at what position. they even do this with players not on their roster. even if a guy doesn't have great talent around him there are way to evaluate the player. it isn't some magic act that you and other jp fanboi's want it to be so that your hero can someday pull a rabit out of his ass and be a good player.

he can't win the starting job because he isn't good enough. do i know that? does anyone know that?

if so we have a starting point -- and from there i can tell you (and so can most other people, including all the talking head in the nfl) that he's just not a good qb.

It's just my opinion dude, deal with it. You and a lot of others here are vastly underrating Losman.

...no chance, he wouldn't even beat out sage, let alone schuab

Is it me or does that read like Dr. Seuss?

GO BILLS!!!

It's just my opinion dude, deal with it. You and a lot of others here are vastly underrating Losman.

i disagree obviously about many of the teams, BUT HOW DO YOU SAY HE STARTS ON THE BILLS?!?!!? HE ALREADY LOST THAT JOB, TWICE IN THE PAST SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!111

you are in serious denial.

HE HITS ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME, THAT NIGERIAN EMAIL IS GONNA MAKE ME RICH!!!

thank you, i try to entertain as i inform.

HOW CAN ANYONE SAY HE COULD START FOR THE BILLS WHEN HE LOST THE JOB!??!?!?!?

i think new england would crush the giants, especially in the super bowl.

IT'S MY OPINION DEAL WITH IT!!!

i disagree obviously about many of the teams, BUT HOW DO YOU SAY HE STARTS ON THE BILLS?!?!!? HE ALREADY LOST THAT JOB, TWICE IN THE PAST SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!111

you are in serious denial.

HE HITS ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME, THAT NIGERIAN EMAIL IS GONNA MAKE ME RICH!!!

I said if given a fair shot. I still think JP's a better QB than Edwards, but I favor the guy with the gunslinger with the big arm over the smart guy who can't get the ball deep. My fear is that Edwards will be the second coming of Chad Pennington.

The difference is that I try not to pretend that I know something which I don't know, and then try to pass it off as gospel.

What I DO know, and what folks like yourself refuse to accept or even acknowledge, is that no one knows how JP ranks because (as I've stated here a number of times in the past), he's been treated and managed only slightly better than a Britney Spears newborn. Add to that all the weaknesses on the team from a roster standpoint (no #2 WR, TE) and then add to THAT the horrific and downright perplexing playcalling by Fairchild, and THEN add to that the embarrassing and inexcusable fact that neither quarterback was allowed to audible out of some horrible playcalling, and it is impossible...goddamn impossible...for you or anyone else who spends time as an online fan to know jack shiit about what JP can or can not do or how he ranks.

For some reason, people like you and Jerry Sullivan simply refuse to accept or acknowledge any of these conditions.

I think I have a new signature quote. Good stuff, LA... :wallbash:

I said if given a fair shot. I still think JP's a better QB than Edwards, but I favor the guy with the gunslinger with the big arm over the smart guy who can't get the ball deep. My fear is that Edwards will be the second coming of Chad Pennington.

C'mon now. Pennington wishes he had HALF the quick release as Edwards. Really, that's reaching to make a point.

As to the deep ball, you are also incorrect. I've seen some extenisve tape of TE's pro day at Stanford. He's got NO problem throwing long. And his release gets the ball to his receivers just as quickly on short/medium throws as someone with a cannon for an arm. Not to mention his quick decision making.

Speaking of cannon for an arm. Can you tell me what the EASIEST pass is for a defense to take away from an offense? Especially an offense with limited receiving weapons? Kind of renders the cannon more of a pea shooter.

GO BILLS!!!

so you think the bills know that jp is a better quarterback but won't start him? look i know you really like jp and think he is good enough to beat out other qb's (including playoff teams and the texans who clearly have 2 decent guys) but how do you explain him losing his job sevaral times for the bills?

do you really think he is a victim of something other than his own poor play?

You mean, like the way you and a lot of others here are vastly underrating Jauron? :wallbash:

How terrible it would be to have a QB that led us to playoff berths and an AFC championship game.

Check the stats, buddy. Per pass attempt, Edwards completed more 20+ yard passes per pass attempt than Manning, Brady, and JP in their first year as starters.

Seriously, the excuses for an average to below average QB amuses. But then you probably still think Boller has potential, eh?

If this teams thought Losman could, why did they just offer a 4th or 5th instead of spending a higher draft pick on a college QB.

Fact, Jackson in Minny had a better second season than JP with terrible receiver.

Fact, Grossman was a super bowl QB.

So I'd give you than he would have a chance to win a job on the Chiefs and 49ers, but that speaks more about their crappy QBs.

Again, I like JP but this Losmaniacs drive me insane. :wallbash: Jp will magically improve in his 5th season but Edwards can't. Insanity. It's time for an early happy hour. <_<

i'll tell you something, the bills staff have seen every damn snap and practice game, and meeting, and every minute of his entire nfl career. and they've figured he ranks behind a 3rd round rookie last year. two years ago they figure he ranked behind kelly friggen holcomb.

Again, you ignore the facts and assume that simply because the Bills handled him the way they have, there is no other way to handle him. The way you argue it, the Bills have done everything to make JP successful, and the fact that JP has not been successful is squarely on JP's shoulders. That is, until Edwards starts to fail, and then it's "Well, he doesn't have a #2WR, a TE, his OL sucks, the playcalling sucks, he can't call audibles..."

And some of us would argue that JP's development was further stunted when Mularkey panicked, stopped giving JP development time, and threw Holcomb into some games in hopes of saving his career. What you also keep forgetting is after Holcomb got hurt against KC -- a game Losman won for us -- Losman stayed in as starter until he got hurt vs. NE, at which time Holcomb came back.

But hey...he lost his job to Holcomb. That's all you see. Now you're agreeing with Sullivan AND Mularkey.

Great company there.

Again, you ignore the facts and assume that simply because the Bills handled him the way they have, there is no other way to handle him. The way you argue it, the Bills have done everything to make JP successful, and the fact that JP has not been successful is squarely on JP's shoulders. That is, until Edwards starts to fail, and then it's "Well, he doesn't have a #2WR, a TE, his OL sucks, the playcalling sucks, he can't call audibles..."

And some of us would argue that JP's development was further stunted when Mularkey panicked, stopped giving JP development time, and threw Holcomb into some games in hopes of saving his career. What you also keep forgetting is after Holcomb got hurt against KC -- a game Losman won for us -- Losman stayed in as starter until he got hurt vs. NE, at which time Holcomb came back.

But hey...he lost his job to Holcomb. That's all you see. Now you're agreeing with Sullivan AND Mularkey.

Great company there.

terrible.

based on your analysis above, is there any quarterback who can be blamed for his own failure?

couch? no he was on an expansion team.

akili smith? not he was an a terrible team, was not handled right, needed more time.

leftwich, harrington?

is there a single qb who you could say was responsible for his own failure?

and the bottom line is with the same coaches, the same teamates, edwards and holcomb were better than jp. and edwards was a raw rookie.

terrible.

based on your analysis above, is there any quarterback who can be blamed for his own failure?

akili smith? not he was an a terrible team, was not handled right, needed more time.

leftwich, harrington?

and the bottom line is with the same coaches, the same teamates, edwards and holcomb were better than jp. and edwards was a raw rookie.

please explain to me how edwards was better than jp losman last year - the numbers say otherwise.

please explain to me how edwards was better than jp losman last year - the numbers say otherwise.

he won the starting job that losman lost.

he also won more games.

keep in mind the weather impact on the numbers -- you can see how much they affected opposing qbs.

the first line explains everything you need to know tho.

terrible.

leftwich, harrington?

Once again...for the last time: you are hanging everything on JP and refuse to account for any extenuating circumstances. Any at all. There is no debating with that mentality, so I'll leave you to sit quietly with your Jerry Sullivan clippings.

Once again...for the last time: you are hanging everything on JP and refuse to account for any extenuating circumstances. Any at all. There is no debating with that mentality, so I'll leave you to sit quietly with your Jerry Sullivan clippings.

so he didn't lose the starting job to a rookie playing with the exact same guys!!

wow, you and 1bills are the best pretend fans ever! who is gonna win the pretend superbowl?

he also won more games.

keep in mind the weather impact on the numbers -- you can see how much they affected opposing qbs.

that's funny. to me it looked like he sucked, save for the games against the redskins and dolphins.

that's funny. to me it looked like he sucked, save for the games against the redskins and dolphins.

did it look like jp didn't suck?

did it look like jp didn't lose the starters job, get it back, and then lose it again?

who looked like the starter at the end of the year? to you anyway.

did it look like jp didn't suck?

did it look like jp didn't lose the starters job, get it back, and then lose it again?

who looked like the starter at the end of the year? to you anyway.

jp was sucking too .. but i dont think trent edwards won the job.

to me, it looks like we still don't have a quarterback. if edwards is going to be the QB of the future, imo he needs to prove that he's the man and actually win the job.

so he didn't lose the starting job to a rookie playing with the exact same guys!!

wow, you and 1bills are the best pretend fans ever! who is gonna win the pretend superbowl?

Seriously, Jerry. Stick to your column and leave the message boards to people who can have a two-way conversation.

to me, it looks like we still don't have a quarterback. if edwards is going to be the QB of the future, imo he needs to prove that he's the man and actually win the job.

good post.

What i wonder is that why so many here are so absolutely confident that JP is so terrible that he shouldnt even be on an NFL roster, why are they afraid of letting him compete against trent? Trent should mop the floor with him, according to them.

I'm also wondering why they feel it was ok the way the Bills handled/developed JP, but Trent should be treated completely differently?

for the record trent was good for a rook and ok overall. strong improvement is clearly needed. he did out play jp tho (not saying much at all).

i don't know anyone who's affraid of jp losman competing for the job.

and la, you are just a little priss. you said you are done with me, but have to come back and make a silly comment that has nothing to do with the debate at hand. i think you just want to pimp your hero and get the last word in.

he also won more games.

Even if he won more games- which isn't a stat. He didn't win more games if you actually track it. JP came into the Jets game and got the offense going. Not to say that he should get the starting job- if JP started and Trent came in, you may have seen the offense come alive as well- sometimes changing QB's during a game just changes the flow.

Needless to say, both QB's failed last year partly because they are not fully developed, and partly because they played on a bad team.

Needless to say, both QB's failed last year partly because they are not fully developed, and partly because they played on a bad team.

That is true about Trent, but not JP. It doesn't matter how JP was developed or what kind of team he's on. He simply sucks. Please try to keep up.

Even if he won more games- which isn't a stat. He didn't win more games if you actually track it. JP came into the Jets game and got the offense going. Not to say that he should get the starting job- if JP started and Trent came in, you may have seen the offense come alive as well- sometimes changing QB's during a game just changes the flow.

In the first half of that game, there simply wasn't any pass protection. None. As the game wore on, the Jets' defenders seemed to tire a little bit, allowing the Bills' QB more time to throw. I felt the offensive resurgence had more to do with the improvement in pass protection later in the game, than with anything that happened at the quarterback position.

In the first half of that game, there simply wasn't any pass protection. None. As the game wore on, the Jets' defenders seemed to tire a little bit, allowing the Bills' QB more time to throw. I felt the offensive resurgence had more to do with the improvement in pass protection later in the game, than with anything that happened at the quarterback position.

Exactly. If the pass protection wasn't shoddy, the Jet's defenders would have been more refreshed. But our shoddy OL actually got the Jets defenders tired, and then we swooped in a fresh quarterback and ka-chow! Touchdown. At that point, all we had to do was wait for the Jets to initiate the nap time sequence, throw the ball up as far as we could, and win the game!

The Jets were totally outcoached in that game.

There was also the little fact that trent failed to adjust to Revis blitzing, which he did on about 29 consecutive downs.

Exactly. If the pass protection wasn't shoddy, the Jet's defenders would have been more refreshed. But our shoddy OL actually got the Jets defenders tired, and then we swooped in a fresh quarterback and ka-chow! Touchdown. At that point, all we had to do was wait for the Jets to initiate the nap time sequence, throw the ball up as far as we could, and win the game!

The Jets were totally outcoached in that game.

Earlier in the thread, you implied you're capable of having a two-way conversation about Losman. And maybe you can--at least with those who see things the same way you do.

There was also the little fact that trent failed to adjust to Revis blitzing, which he did on about 29 consecutive downs.

I think a lot of teams blitz rookie quarterbacks to see if they can handle it. Last year, Trent's overall body of work in responding to pass pressure was better than you'd expect from a rookie. But there's still room for improvement in his game; and this season represents an opportunity for him to show that improvement.

To a point, I can agree, but we had a QB with a completely different style going in there- Both QB's are flawed, but both can play at this level.

Earlier in the thread, you implied you're capable of having a two-way conversation about Losman. And maybe you can--at least with those who see things the same way you do.

We are having a conversation, and we can disagree during that conversation provided the premise of your side makes sense. Like Ramius said, Revis was blitzing on virtually every down. Suddenly quarterbacks change and the offense is effective because the Jets are tired?

I must be the only one who thought that analogy was something of a stretch.

No harm, no foul.

he also won more games.

Trent did not WIN the starting job - It was given to him so Ralph wouln't have to pay JP his bonus. He also PLAYED more games. I can see how much the weather affected opposing QB's- THEY WON