7th Round Selection: Kennard Cox CB PITT

To be honest, did we need this corner? No we didn't. But it's the second last pick in the draft.... you go with BPA.

Does that mean that if for any reason Mr. Irrelevant is unable to fulfill his obligations that Kennard would step in and wear the crown?

Potential special teamer or practice squad body. Not much info out there about him. His pro day workout:

"ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.14 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.81 seconds. He measured a 38-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-8 broad jump and completed 17 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press."

http://www.kffl.com/player/19449/NFL

Potential special teamer or practice squad body. Not much info out there about him. His pro day workout:

"ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.14 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.81 seconds. He measured a 38-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-8 broad jump and completed 17 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press."

http://www.kffl.com/player/19449/NFL

Those definitely aren't practice squad type workout numbers for a guy 6'1 195lbs...

More depth AND can be used for ST. We needed to rebuild our ST after all the players we lost from that unit (Ex. Aiken, Wire....).

The young man has nailed it here, ladies and gentlemen. We've all become used to great returns and great tackles. Short fields for us and long fields for the opponent. That comes at a price, and that price has been a lot of people who are no longer here. Stop thinking "camp meat", and start thinking about reloading the gun.

Those definitely aren't practice squad type workout numbers for a guy 6'1 195lbs...

It's odd though that I can't find any positive information that relates to his game intelligence. If you do, let me know. For all we know he is a workout stud, but what about game days?

From Ourlads:

"Two-year starter. Cover-2 corner that is strong enough to reroute receivers. Can stick his foot in the ground and break quickly on the ball. Has good short area quickness. Experienced in both bump and off cover-two coverage. Had a good week of practice and a good game in the Hula Bowl. Has some catch-up and recovery speed. Good hands to pluck a ball. Competitive and tough on the field. He will get a strong look at corner before he moves inside to safety for some teams. Needs some technique work, but has some talent and size. Durable over his career. Seventh round/priority free agent."

Of course I have no idea, but I gotta think that at least one of these CB picks is slated for S depth.

And, what's not to like about a guy that can stick his foot in the ground?

Jim Leonard is a good back up safety. Remember what he did last year when he started. He was good.

What Jim Leonhard did was admirable but pretty far from good. We all like him but he's too small and too slow. He's definetly upgradeable. i dunno if this kid has the coconut for safety but I definetly agree that one of the CBs we drafted is going to saftey and it's probably not McKelvin. Our safety depth is pretty scary right now with Jim Leonhard (small and slow), George Wilson (zip tackling, none, zero) and John Wendling (so impressive that they tolerated Big Whiffin' George Wilson for most of the season)

Forgetting the fact that it's the 7th round here. You take the best player you have on the board and see what he's got. if he's good you make room, if not you don't lose much.