4th Round Selection: Reggie Corner CB, Akron

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a half bad pick if they why they chose him. Youtobty has not played well. He will be our true #4 CB.

McGee

McKelvin

Greer

Corner

They signed one in FA

Fox, who saw ST time late in the season

AY won't be a #4. Dude missed time early on and never caught up.

He visited with us a couple weeks ago. The Bills have made it known they like this kid. He had 7 or ints last season and led the MAC in passes defended.

There are no good TEs left and I include Rucker on that list.

Bills are taking best player available.

I think you're right. I don't like grabbing a tight end at this spot Davis and Rucker are kinda weak. Davis is definitely a problem child. I'd like to wait another couple rounds and maybe grab the Louisville tight end, Gary Barnidge. He's not a burner, but he's got great hands, good size, solid character guy.

He's going to compete for the nickel position. Not a half bad pick as Youboty's replacement.

McKelvin, McGee, and Greer.

How is competing for the nickel, at this point?

He is depth, nothing more at this point.

Sometimes I wonder if you have a clue.

Really? Didn't the Pats* score 8 straight TDs against this D last time around by primarily passing the ball? A friggin 4th round project at TE isn't going to help stop that anytime soon. An overlooked and talented CB might.

I wasn't even thinking about a 4th round tight end; more like some offensive or defensive line depth.

Guys...4th round pick...not a place we are going to get a sure fired stud, so getting someone our scouting department thinks is good is fine with me, and if he can bump anybody down on the depth chart we are a better football team for it. I agree with the earlier comment about NE passing at will on us, and while our two picks aren't guaranteed to shut anybody down right away, you have to think that our secondary just got better and deeper.

But what is surprising is most ratings I have seen don't have him close to the best CB left on the board, so hopefully our scouting is better than the "I run a draft website" crew.

He was probably BPA on the Bills board and he fits the zone scheme well.

Hey, remember when Levy went on the radio last season and told Bills fans that the team was actually getting BETTER corner play last season than in 2006 when we had Nate Clements? That clearly was a bald-faced LIE.

I'm not sure this kid wouldn't have been around in the 7th round. I can't find anything suggesting he would be anything more than a FA. I'm disappointed in the Bills for their draft class so far. The first pick is awesome but I have concerns about every pick since then.

likes it been said above by some solid posters:

NE friggen torched us last year.

we have 2 probowlers on our DL now, we've upgraded DT and DE this offseason. we've improved 2/3rds of our LBs from last season.

5 tds in one game. that's what moss did to us. we need guys who can cover because we had some chumps.

if we have this now showed up we can challange NE.

we can blitz 6 guys putting lbs up the A gaps in brady's face now that we have guys who can cover some.

it all counts guys. i'd understand being mad if we didn't go out and sign a ton of big guys in the past 2 offseasons, but we did.

McGee

McKelvin

Greer

Corner

They signed one in FA

Fox, who saw ST time late in the season

AY won't be a #4. Dude missed time early on and never caught up.

You don't even know the guys name who we signed in FA? That is funny. I consider him our best CB at the moment, and I'm really glad we have James here.

He was probably BPA on the Bills board and he fits the zone scheme well.

Hey, remember when Levy went on the radio last season and told Bills fans that the team was actually getting BETTER corner play last season than in 2006 when we had Nate Clements? That clearly was a bald-faced LIE.

I agree with Marv there, as Clements was not a T2 corner, and last year in our base D McGee and Greer did better IMO. The Bills struggled in the Nickel and Dime situations as those guys were pathetic. Youboty was a bad pick by Marv and this may be trying to get some competition for the 5th spot in case we have injuries there.

I wasn't even thinking about a 4th round tight end; more like some offensive or defensive line depth.

Clearly we need DL help, but they did get that in the 3d. I agree that they should continue to look for more OL and DL help after this, but I have no problem with this pick trying to improve a secondary that was woeful last year. A defense works as a unit -- a good secondary will help the pass rush.

As someone said, ya gotta cover Well-kah, and a LB ain't gonna do it.