Heard on Sirius radio that JP

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...qualified=false

48 J.P. Losman BUF QB 111 175 63.4 21.9 1,204 6.9 150.5 4 6 59 33.7 85T 12 2 14 76.9

63 Trent Edwards BUF QB 151 269 56.1 26.9 1,630 6.1 163.0 7 8 81 30.1 70T 21 4 12 70.4

I know. Excuses disguised as data.

You do realize JP was in his 4th year & Edwards was a rookie? His play should of been leaps & bounds over edwards but their play was comparable & I would say that Edwards was the better qb last year. I know out on the big island you probably dont get to watch the actual games, so I will fill you in on a little known fact. LOSMAN WAS HORRIFIC LAST YEAR.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I will fill you in on a little known fact. LOSMAN WAS HORRIFIC LAST YEAR.

Which is unfortunate, because the rest of the team was awesome. Plus, you'd have figured Losman would have performed better given the outstanding playcalling, not to mention the free reigns the quarterbacks were given to call audibles at the line. I'm fairly certain that was why one of the very first things Turk did as the new OC was announce that he plans to keep letting the quarterbacks audible at the line. Very smart on his behalf.

Which is unfortunate, because the rest of the team was awesome. Plus, you'd have figured Losman would have performed better given the outstanding playcalling, not to mention the free reigns the quarterbacks were given to call audibles at the line. I'm fairly certain that was why one of the very first things Turk did as the new OC was announce that he plans to keep letting the quarterbacks audible at the line. Very smart on his behalf.

Hey, there were alot of things wrong with the offense last year. I think JP was a big part of it though. He is just not a smart accurate qb. Those 2 things wil get you beat everytime.

Hey, there were alot of things wrong with the offense last year. I think JP was a big part of it though. He is just not a smart accurate qb. Those 2 things wil get you beat everytime.

Everytime? Lossman has some deficiencies, you get no argument on that, but you have to admit, when the game is close in the fourth quarter, he keeps you on the edge of your seat.

You do realize JP was in his 4th year & Edwards was a rookie? His play should of been leaps & bounds over edwards but their play was comparable & I would say that Edwards was the better qb last year. I know out on the big island you probably dont get to watch the actual games, so I will fill you in on a little known fact. LOSMAN WAS HORRIFIC LAST YEAR.

STOP with the 4th year already. HE BROKE HIS LEG IN PRESEASON HIS ROOKIE YEAR! Ian Beckles, former OT for the Bucs & Eagles made a good point on his morning show on WDAE (Tampa) this morning. He said the reason rookies don't often make an impact is because they are not used to the NFL. It is totally different from the college game. He said what makes a player better is REPETITION. We all know JP did not get the repetition 4th year vet implies. Had he been drafted by a stable organization like the Giants for example his development would have been MUCH BETTER. JP had some bad games last year but also showed promise in others like the Bengals game. Given the right situation he may develop into a GOOD QB yet. NO ONE, NOT EVEN YOU, KNOWS HOW GOOD (OR BAD) HE WILL BE IN ANOTHER COUPLE YEARS.

Everytime? Lossman has some deficiencies, you get no argument on that, but you have to admit, when the game is close in the fourth quarter, he keeps you on the edge of your seat.

He has a 10-21 career record.

I don't see it working out. You have two quarterbacks that have skill sets to flourish under completely different schemes. JP should be a scrambling, out-of-the-pocket QB. Trent is a pocket QB with a quick release. With each style, you have plays developing further, or quick dump-offs. Both systems have their advantages and both have disadvantages. But one certainty is that once you have your scheme, you build your team. You should not force a player to adapt to a scheme. If this is a conservative passing system, then JP might have the ability to fight for the starting job, but he is being set up to fail.

If you're talking about a QB who can scramble to buy some extra time when a play breaks down, that's one thing. And JP has the athletic abilitiy to avoid a rush at times (at times) and make a play. If you're talking about designing an entire offense around a scrambling QB with lots of rolling pockets, etc. well it just ain't gonna work in the NFL. Never has, never will. There's a reason an OC prefers to have pocket passers STAY in the pocket; if offers MORE field to exploit. All 3/3 of it.

GO BILLS!!!

STOP with the 4th year already. HE BROKE HIS LEG IN PRESEASON HIS ROOKIE YEAR! Ian Beckles, former OT for the Bucs & Eagles made a good point on his morning show on WDAE (Tampa) this morning. He said the reason rookies don't often make an impact is because they are not used to the NFL. It is totally different from the college game. He said what makes a player better is REPETITION. We all know JP did not get the repetition 4th year vet implies. Had he been drafted by a stable organization like the Giants for example his development would have been MUCH BETTER. JP had some bad games last year but also showed promise in others like the Bengals game. Given the right situation he may develop into a GOOD QB yet. NO ONE, NOT EVEN YOU, KNOWS HOW GOOD (OR BAD) HE WILL BE IN ANOTHER COUPLE YEARS.

I guess he could go to another team & become a good starter, I just do not think that will happen. Too many holes in his game. Could I be wrong? Sure. Just my opinion.

nonsense.

jp is plainly a bad qb. everyone outside of some homers here full of excuses for their hero knows that.

it's way too late in jp's career to talk about showing promise. he's lost his job due to bad play more than once, more times than he's started the year as the starter!!

he's had 3 TC's as the enshrined guy, and just pissed it away. he's not good and it's as simple as that.

BINGO

if JP is the reason why the team was 10-21 in his starts, then why is there so much bitching on here about how the OL sucked, how the defense sucked, how we had no #2 WR, how we had no TE, etc. With JP on the bench, all our ills should be cured.

if JP is the reason why the team was 10-21 in his starts, then why is there so much bitching on here about how the OL sucked, how the defense sucked, how we had no #2 WR, how we had no TE, etc. With JP on the bench, all our ills should be cured.

There is plenty of blame to go around. From Injuries, to players to coaches.

I've always said that one player shouldn't make or break a team. but...

The O Line looked and performed different with Edwards than it did with Losman. Why is that?

Edwards 10 games 12 Sacks

Losman 9 games 14 Sacks

The team around him had NOTHING to do with that record. The reason the BILLS LOST THOSE GAMES was all because of JP. This post alone proves you are an IDIOT.

Okay, then Im an idiot I guess for thinking Losman is a bad qb. Never said he was the sole reason the bills lost those games yet... in games he did not start for the bills in that same three year period where he went as a starter 10-21 the bills are 9-8.

nonsense.

jp is plainly a bad qb. everyone outside of some homers here full of excuses for their hero knows that.

it's way too late in jp's career to talk about showing promise. he's lost his job due to bad play more than once, more times than he's started the year as the starter!!

he's had 3 TC's as the enshrined guy, and just pissed it away. he's not good and it's as simple as that.

He has played THREE YEARS in the NFL. IT IS NOT TOO LATE IN HIS CAREER TO TALK ABOUT PROMISE! The fact he got yoyoed in and out of the lineup so much speaks more about the INEPT COACHING than it does JP. Next year when the same thing happens to Trent what will you have to say? This is truly the reason JP haters want him gone. They are afraid (rightly so) that the same thing will happen to Trent if there is a viable option on the bench.

Okay, then Im an idiot I guess for thinking Losman is a bad qb. Never said he was the sole reason the bills lost those games yet... in games he did not start for the bills in that same three year period where he went as a starter 10-21 the bills are 9-8.

As long as you looked that up why not name the nine teams (& their record) the Bills beat. The post showing his record of 10-21 IMPLIED it was all about JP, I'm not the only one who thought so. I apologize for calling you an idiot, but come on, when you make an argument don't cherry pick, ignoring obvious facts, like a win or loss is on the team, including the coaching staff not just one player.

The O Line looked and performed different with Edwards than it did with Losman. Why is that?

Losman 9 games 14 Sacks

The reason for that is the O-Line had longer to play together & become a cohesive UNIT than while JP was playing.

He has played THREE YEARS in the NFL. IT IS NOT TOO LATE IN HIS CAREER TO TALK ABOUT PROMISE! The fact he got yoyoed in and out of the lineup so much speaks more about the INEPT COACHING than it does JP. Next year when the same thing happens to Trent what will you have to say? This is truly the reason JP haters want him gone. They are afraid (rightly so) that the same thing will happen to Trent if there is a viable option on the bench.

No, he's played 4 years in the NFL. Yeah, it sucked he was hurt for two months as a rookie, but he attended EVERY OTA and mini-camp where he got valuable reps, was in EVERY position and unit meeting before and after getting hurt, and DID see some meaningless game action later in his rookie season. We can't just dismiss his rookie season as not counting because he missed two months of physical action. He wasn't going to play that year anyway. It was his time for carrying the clipboard and learning the um, MENTAL aspects of the game.

Do you also think JP has to play an extra year then to become vested and qualify for his pension as a result of his rookie year that didn't count?

GO BILLS!!!

Losman 9 games 14 Sacks

How many of those games did JP have Antony thomas starting at reciver and Robert Royal lining up on the outside. I swear wehn ever JP is in there the coaches set him up to fail or at least it seems that way

As long as you looked that up why not name the nine teams (& their record) the Bills beat. The post showing his record of 10-21 IMPLIED it was all about JP, I'm not the only one who thought so.

Simple math my good man. They went 5-11 JP's first year starting, 7-9 his 2nd & 7-9 his third. Take away his won loss record from these records & you have 9-8. Now Im sure someone is going to want to credit Losman with the KC game his first year(when holcolmb got hurt) & obviously the jets game this past year as win's for JP. Fair enough. 12-21 or a .363 winning % with jp starting & 7-8 or a .466 winning % without him starting. So as you could clearly see, the bills chances of winning on any given sunday increase more then 10% if one JP Losman never sees the field. :lol: