How many idiots are going to try this now.

erynthered

So one of the best players in NBA history didn't jump over a moving car to advertise his new sneakers?

I needed a youtube video to tell me that.

Next you'll tell me that Larry Bird didn't make a shot off the rafters in those McDonald's PIG commercials.

Wow John, that's EXACTLY the pithy type of quote I've been looking for for my sig line... :wallbash:

I take internet message boards VERY seriously and because of that, I have no choice but to put you on ignore for the rest of the week! :P

Good day to you sir!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b4 reading the comments, it was obvious in slow motion the car was about 1-2 feet to the side of Kobe, creating the image of going through his path. However, had it been real, it looks like he would have cleared it.

is it doable? yes

is this clip fake? yes

there are MORE IMPRESSIVE clips out there of some NFL draft prospect (cant remember who) jumping over parked cars. THAT is pretty impressive.

There is this one of Royals OF Joey Gathright doing it...

I know the video isn't completely impressive and some of the comments claim to hear a "spring" noise like from a trampoline, but I remember these stories following him when he came up through the D-Rays' system and some of the players (including a couple I trust) swore they saw him do this, so I don't know what to think...

b4 reading the comments, it was obvious in slow motion the car was about 1-2 feet to the side of Kobe, creating the image of going through his path. However, had it been real, it looks like he would have cleared it.

Oh no. Bullpen might ignore you too! Careful.

One less rapist, but +30 assists per game for the lakers if he gets hit.

I don't fully understand the Kobe bashing (aside from him acting like a little B word in the offseason)...

He has definitely matured as a player. LA played the Hornets a few weeks ago, they were 1-2 in the West, and Kobe and Chris Paul were the front-runners for the MVP...You know in any previous season, Kobe would tried to make a statement, gunned up 37 shots, and tried to score 60. This year, he played a complimentary role in the offense, taking over when the shot clock called for it, and scored, dished, and rebounded the Lakers to an easy victory.

I realize you were somewhat joking, but Kobe averages 2 assists more per game than the next closest Laker...He averages 28, 6, 5 every game for the #1 team in the West...He is clearly, without question, the top 1-v-1 defender in the game.

I don't love Kobe and I hate the Lakers (Chris Paul would get my MVP vote) but Kobe has been the truth this year.

And as for the skank in Colorado, Kobe's wallet was the only thing that got raped that night....

He has definitely matured as a player.

Ummmm, no he hasn't.

Visibly frustrated at seeing the ball drop through the net, Bryant kicked at it rather than pick it up for the subsequent inbounds pass. He kicked it a little too hard from about 15 feet away into Jones' stomach. Jones caught the ball and then called the technical foul and ejected Bryant — who stood in disbelief before barking that final expletive and waving his hand at Jones.

Kobe's a schmuck.

Ummmm, no he hasn't.

Kobe's a schmuck.

I think that's evidence that Kobe has matured as a player. His team was in a race for top seed in the Western conference, and they were getting beat by a bottom-feeder...In years past, Kobe may have requested out of the game and pouted on the bench, or he may have started gunning up shots all over the place, just happy to get 50 points in a losing effort.

Instead, he was frustrated by a bad loss, and got ejected...While the ejection may not have been positive, the reaction of his teammates seeing their star player so fired up may have inspired their efforts to secure the #1 seed.

I don't disagree that he's a schmuck, but he's definitely playing at his highest level, and is actually playing within a team concept.

<_<

Jimmy likes Elaine!

Don't forget this one :wallbash: Way to go John.

Next time read the post above yours. :P

I think that's evidence that Kobe has matured as a player. His team was in a race for top seed in the Western conference, and they were getting beat by a bottom-feeder...In years past, Kobe may have requested out of the game and pouted on the bench, or he may have started gunning up shots all over the place, just happy to get 50 points in a losing effort.

Instead, he was frustrated by a bad loss, and got ejected...While the ejection may not have been positive, the reaction of his teammates seeing their star player so fired up may have inspired their efforts to secure the #1 seed.

I don't disagree that he's a schmuck, but he's definitely playing at his highest level, and is actually playing within a team concept.

You forgot to add he would have raped the ref.

and he didn't rape any young women this year....that we know of....yep, Kobe is showing signs of maturing.

and he didn't rape any young women this year....that we know of....yep, Kobe is showing signs of maturing.

Come on. He may be a loser, but the judge dropped all charges.

The girl did not go up to his room to wish him good luck in his career. She went up there to have sex with him.

I gotta ask and then I will leave it alone....but are you TRYING to draw me out on this Ray? Or was that girl your sister or something? Or is it because she was white and he was black?

I mean....everyone is entitled to their opinion but you just cant seem to get past the Eagle Colorado incident.....of which chargers were dropped and she refused to even take the stand making the prosecution look stupid.....

You do know that case was thrown out right?

Just doing the math in my head, I think it's roughly do-able.

Assume he's got a 48" vertical (I doubt he does, but it makes the math easy); this means that he's airborne for about 1/2 second (g=32'/sec/sec, v@t0=16'/sec).

If the car goes 6000'/minute (roughly 68mph), it'll cover 100' in 1 second, or 50' in 1/2 second. I assume the car is less than 20' long & is low.

I certainly wouldn't advocate doing it, but I contend that it's theoretically humanly possible.

Yes, it is doable. FWIW, his hips elevated up to about the height of his head (ie high jumping 6'8"). For an athlete of that caliber, that is pretty doable. In my own experience, I have hurdled over the top of my old '92 Cavalier when it was parked. I'm pretty athletic but not anywhere near the same league as Kobe. Now, if he actually did it, it took the Aston Martin roughly one second from the car getting on the screen to the time it exited the screen. I'd bank on the car going roughly 30mph in that video.

Yes, it is doable. FWIW, his hips elevated up to about the height of his head (ie high jumping 6'8"). For an athlete of that caliber, that is pretty doable. In my own experience, I have hurdled over the top of my old '92 Cavalier when it was parked. I'm pretty athletic but not anywhere near the same league as Kobe. Now, if he actually did it, it took the Aston Martin roughly one second from the car getting on the screen to the time it exited the screen. I'd bank on the car going roughly 30mph in that video.

The first thing I thought of when I saw that video is that would be pretty stupid of Kobe

- Yes I think he could clear the car.....the guy can jump from the free throw line and dunk

- No he better not do it....we had a player just last year get hurt snowboarding that the lakers signed to huge money.....stupid stupid stupid