Drafting players to replace our starters is wearing thin.

Replacing Drew Bledsoe with JP Losman, Travis Henry with Willis MaGahee, Willis MaGahee with Marshawn Lynch, and then JP Losman with Trent Edwards. This is only the major components on the offensive side of the ball. Have I missed anyone? If we are looking to replace Lee Evans in this year's draft would be the icing on the cake. When are we going to have continuity?

Replacing Drew Bledsoe with JP Losman, Travis Henry with Willis MaGahee, Willis MaGahee with Marshawn Lynch, and then JP Losman with Trent Edwards. This is only the major components on the offensive side of the ball. Have I missed anyone? If we are looking to replace Lee Evans in this year's draft would be the icing on the cake. When are we going to have continuity?

Marv brought in Craig Nall to actually compete for the starting job because he felt that Nall was ready to take the next step only to turn around and draft Edwards. Then you have Royal, another Marv FA signing and we still don't have a tight end worth anything.

it just goes to show how bad the Donna Ho era was. Evans might have been the ONLY pick he got right.

JP was thrown in too quickly. He was a project when we brought him in, and he was exposed to the losing atmosphere which is Buffalo, while David Gerrard developed into a starting caliber QB without idiot fans calling for his head. I expect the same loonies to turn on Edwards, who is in the same position JP was a few years ago.

You draft players hoping for them to become starters....am I missing something?

JP was thrown in too quickly. He was a project when we brought him in, and he was exposed to the losing atmosphere which is Buffalo, while David Gerrard developed into a starting caliber QB without idiot fans calling for his head. I expect the same loonies to turn on Edwards, who is in the same position JP was a few years ago.

I was about to say the same thing.

QB: Bledsoe > Losman > Holcomb > Losman > Edwards (Solidified)

HB: Henry > McGahee > Lynch (Solidified)

WR: Moulds > Price> Not solidified. Reed/Parrish have been set

FB: Shelton > H-Back > Barnes (not solidified)

TE: Campbell/Neufeld > Royal/Gaines (hmm...)

OL: Haha... oh the joy of how long that would be to type... and I find it solidified yet people want to ruin a good thing.

DE: No changes here, and solidified, but again, people want to change a good thing.

DT: Oh what a tangled web... Williams/Adams > Tripplett/Anderson > Tripplett/Williams > Stroud/McCargo. (Solidified)

LB: Spikes/Fletcher/Posey > Spikes/Fletcher/Crowell > Ellison/DiGiorgio/Crowell > Mitchell/Posluszny/Crowell (Solidified, but again, people want to change that...)

CB: Clements/McGee > Clements/Greer (Could change)

S: Milloy/Vincent > Whitner/Simpson (Should be set, but people don't like Simpson cause he was hurt)

I think that WR/CB are the only things that'll get switched up now. Young team, no need for big changes.

Does this count on the defensive side of the ball too? Because that's what we'd be doing by drafting Harvey, Rivers, DRC or McKelvin.

You're way off. The guys on Offence just didn't pan out, the Defence is a whole 'nother deal.

1. Harvey - Schoebel and Kelsay are a decent DE tandem, they just couldn't get sacks due to no interior pressure and the lack of LB blitzing.

2. Rivers - Spikes was not even remotely the same after the Achilles injury, and Fletcher left us.

3. DRC/McKelvin - We drafted both Winfield and Clements, two star pro bowl corners, both of whom up and left for big money contracts.

I haven't thought about the Bills REPLACING Evans. That might be a real possibility if you think about it. He's going to ask for top money.

QB: Bledsoe > Losman > Holcomb > Losman > Edwards (Solidified)

HB: Henry > McGahee > Lynch (Solidified)

WR: Moulds > Price> Not solidified. Reed/Parrish have been set

FB: Shelton > H-Back > Barnes (not solidified)

TE: Campbell/Neufeld > Royal/Gaines (hmm...)

OL: Haha... oh the joy of how long that would be to type... and I find it solidified yet people want to ruin a good thing.

DE: No changes here, and solidified, but again, people want to change a good thing.

DT: Oh what a tangled web... Williams/Adams > Tripplett/Anderson > Tripplett/Williams > Stroud/McCargo. (Solidified)

LB: Spikes/Fletcher/Posey > Spikes/Fletcher/Crowell > Ellison/DiGiorgio/Crowell > Mitchell/Posluszny/Crowell (Solidified, but again, people want to change that...)

CB: Clements/McGee > Clements/Greer (Could change)

S: Milloy/Vincent > Whitner/Simpson (Should be set, but people don't like Simpson cause he was hurt)

I think that WR/CB are the only things that'll get switched up now. Young team, no need for big changes.

Oh please, Edwards does NOT equate to us being solidified at QB. Not by a long shot. The guy has to prove he can actually get the ball into the endzone on a consistent basis before you can go saying that he has solidified the QB position for the Bills. Sorry, but that one made me laugh.

Oh please, Edwards does NOT equate to us being solidified at QB. Not by a long shot. The guy has to prove he can actually get the ball into the endzone on a consistent basis before you can go saying that he has solidified the QB position for the Bills. Sorry, but that one made me laugh.

Yah and this post makes me laugh....no different than the rest of your anti Trent crusades..... :rolleyes:

Go Bills!

Seeing that I'm dumb Einstein, why don't you explain to me why this thread is dumb.

Lol, I was debating if it was worth the effort.. it's not.. but oh well.

1. TE was not drafted to replace JP, he just was drafted because you need QB's on your team. He happened to be better and thus replaced him.

2. We're not drafting a WR to replace Evans, but to play opposite him.

3. Do moves made during the TD era count against the current management?

4. Why in the world would you not replace Bledsoe? If a guy sucks you replace him.

... any other brilliant assertions you care to make?

1. TE was not drafted to replace JP, he just was drafted because you need QB's on your team. He happened to be better and thus replaced him.

4. Why in the world would you not replace Bledsoe? If a guy sucks you replace him.

Just one. I like to comment on your selective reading. It was nice how you skipped right over the whole Henry-MaGahee-Lynch scenario. Stay behind your keyboard and take potshots, you're just another fine example.

I never distinguished between management because I have been a constant fan of the Bills, so it doesn't matter to me who drafted who. Granted Edwards was the best value to Marv & Co when they picked him so he wasn't drafted as an intentional replacement but didn't Donahoe trade our 1st rd pick for Bledsoe and then drafted Losman to be his replacement because Drew sucked? Oh, that's what I thought. As far as drafting for Evans replacement, I said IF that was why we were drafting a WR that it would be the icing on the cake. There has been some people who used this as a reason to draft a WR with our first pick. This is what spurred this thread.

Sadly this has been a poor team and a poorly run franchise.....witnessed by the eons since the last playoff appearance. Bad teams draft bad or problem players...and hire bargain basement coaches...and drive great GMs out of town. Other than the Polian era (which Ralph caused to end) this has been a poor to mediocre franchise.Half arsed.--If we dont get a passrush and big WR and if Edwards doesnt develope we will be poor to mediocre til Ralph dies and the franchise moves to Toronto.

Ok, I get the point. I see I wore my welcome out around here. For the sake of goodwill, I'll try to keep my posting to a minimum, I'm not here to argue with anyone or make enemies but I'm also not here to get insulted either. I'm on this board because it's a Bills' and football message board and that's what I usually try to talk about, not about each other.

I love this time of the year (draft time) and just before the start of the year because of the optimism that it holds but I can see that that's not allowed around here.

it just goes to show how bad the Donna Ho era was. Evans might have been the ONLY pick he got right.

Too true. :)

No, Tipsy is.

Yeah, the Bills should keep drafting QB's until they find one that comes in and has immediate impact like Tom Brady and..... I'm sure there's at least a couple more out of all the QB's ever taken in the NFL. Listen dimwit. A team has to bring a QB along slowly. Most QB's that eventually become great don't do it over night. It's impossible to tell what you have until the third year of a QB's career. Constantly ranking on a guy because he's not an instant pro-bowler is just ridiculous. Be patient, take a Valium and kick back and enjoy the show.

Tipster are your posts getting dumber and dumber.. or have they always been this way.

Let's let the public decide on this one. :rolleyes:

Of course the stuff Donahoe did counts. Isn't it obvious it's because.....hold on......I'm sure something intelligent to say about that will come to me.....Geez, I got nuthin. I guess you're right. :thumbsup:

Just one. I like to comment on your selective reading. It was nice how you skipped right over the whole Henry-MaGahee-Lynch scenario. Stay behind your keyboard and take potshots, you're just another fine example.

I never distinguished between management because I have been a constant fan of the Bills, so it doesn't matter to me who drafted who. Granted Edwards was the best value to Marv & Co when they picked him so he wasn't drafted as an intentional replacement but didn't Donahoe trade our 1st rd pick for Bledsoe and then drafted Losman to be his replacement because Drew sucked? Oh, that's what I thought. As far as drafting for Evans replacement, I said IF that was why we were drafting a WR that it would be the icing on the cake. There has been some people who used this as a reason to draft a WR with our first pick. This is what spurred this thread.

To your first point. He did address it when he asked if the Donahoe era counted against the current FO.

As to your second point. Ummmmm, well, that's just really stupid.

:rolleyes:

What's up w/ the fascination for 'continuity' as if it's some kind of magic bullet?

Sticking w/ average players, not replacing guys until they're 35 or having an insurance policy for injury... That's the ticket to prime time, baby!

Newsflash: the average NFL career is less than 2 years. Turnover happens. It's a fact in the NFL and people who don't operate in recognition of this get steamrolled. Wake up from your dream world. The current FO is trying to put things together (and is doing a pretty good job of it, I think) but at this time of year fans have nothing better to do than pee in the corn flakes.