My first phone call from Bills marketing

Ooh, the irony coming from a big government liberal. Parody........

Football Darin, football marketing being discussed my man.

And what is ironic about a progressive questioning an entertainment corporation heavily subsistant on local and state welfare?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess maybe you missed that part where I said he called me...on my cell yet.

I guess we got the 'tards like eryn the ball-less wonder and chicken feathers from PPP here.

I'm continually amazed how some people will swallow everything this franchise throws at them without question for the sole reason that we should feel so privileged to have a team.

It's that kind of attitude that has allowed Wilson and company to chew up this area and spit us out.

What nerve! The kid called you on a number they had on file from when you had season tickets. I take it back, he deserved the condescending lecture you gave him. After all, it is his fault the Bills haven't made the playoffs lately. Some of us "tards" get tired of hearing people brag about not buying season tickets while putting down those of us that do choose to buy seasons. We get it, you are better than us because you refuse to put up with the horrible owner/team/ticket vendors/division opponents etc.

I do feel priveleged to have a team. And I look forward to every home game where I spend a day with my Dad grilling, having a few beers and enjoying a cigar. Then we go and cheer on our team.

What nerve! The kid called you on a number they had on file from when you had season tickets. I take it back, he deserved the condescending lecture you gave him. After all, it is his fault the Bills haven't made the playoffs lately. Some of us "tards" get tired of hearing people brag about not buying season tickets while putting down those of us that do choose to buy seasons. We get it, you are better than us because you refuse to put up with the horrible owner/team/ticket vendors/division opponents etc.

I do feel priveleged to have a team. And I look forward to every home game where I spend a day with my Dad grilling, having a few beers and enjoying a cigar. Then we go and cheer on our team.

STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!

Thats to profound for Mr. head. Didn't you know that Erik should be hung by the neck till he's dead? How dare him do his job.

That is really what it is all about. Wish more thought like this.

I wanted to tell the guy what an arsehole Ralph truly is (this after Erik telling me all the "wonderful" things Wilson has done for WNY) and I wanted to complain about the monumental blunder of the Bills for not deciding to be in the same division as Pittsburgh and Cleveland but the guy seemed so sincere.

You seem like a real dik. Welcome to ignore.

Football Darin, football marketing being discussed my man.

And what is ironic about a progressive questioning an entertainment corporation heavily subsistant on local and state welfare?

We're not talking marketing, we're talking about you giving yourself a verbal blow job because you think you showed up a young man making minimum wage trying to sell tickets to a team the rest of this city loves.

I am so sick of reading posts from you pompous, over-bearing morons who claim they're doing us a favour by refusing to support a "sub-par" product in a small market because "they're sending a message" to Ralph Wilson.

Ralph doesn't care what you think, I don't care what you think and the 80,000 faithful that show up every Sunday during the season sure as heck don't care what you think.

I hear your message and all I'm hearing from you is "I'M A DOUCHEBAG" being screamed until somebody turns around and gives you the attention you so desperately crave for your empty 'cause'.

We all are scared about the Bills moving to Toronto and a lot of us hate losing a home game, but if we want to make the case that the Bills should stay in WNY, refusing to renew our season tickets while the Toronto games sell out for a premium is probably not the best way of showing how much the fans support the Bills.

And you could have made your concerns about the Toronto games made to this "Erik" in a much more polite way. You don't need to be a jerk when you make a complaint to someone who has no decision-making power. He's much more likely to pass your beef about the Toronto games up to supervisors, etc. if he does not get pissed at you at the end of the phone call.

We all are scared about the Bills moving to Toronto and a lot of us hate losing a home game, but if we want to make the case that the Bills should stay in WNY, refusing to renew our season tickets while the Toronto games sell out for a premium, is probably not the best way of showing how much the fans support the Bills.

And you could have made your concerns about the Toronto games made to this "Erik" in a much more polite way. You don't need to be a jerk when you make a complaint to someone who has no decision-making power. He's much more likely to pass your beef about the Toronto games up to supervisors, etc. if he does not get pissed at you at the end of the phone call.

You obviously don't know Bishop Hedd!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Green+Bay+WI/Milwaukee+WI/

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Orchard+Park+NY/Toronto+ON/

Would you look at that, its actually just about the same distance from GB to Milwaukee as it is from Orchard Park to Toronto

So I guess your problem is that the team is crossing over into Canada?

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/CountyStadium.htm

Looks like the Packers spent about 4 decades (The Packers played nearly half of their home games at County Stadium for 41 years) splitting games between Milwaukee and GB according to that, up until 1994 (The Packers played their last home game at County Stadium on December 18, 1994) not just something they did in the 70's-80's like you told Erik

Makes playing only 8 games over the next 5 years (with only 1 regular season game each year) seem like a small price to pay

I guess its a good thing you had all the facts straight when showing Erik how superior you are

if your recap of the conversation is accurate, give erik some credit. he probably makes next to nothing and works from a script, you threw him a couple of curveballs and he seemed to attempt to answer them very diplomatically and professionally, most would have stammered and simply repeated the original question.

I haven't been a season ticket holder since 04 but here is this gentleman (we'll call him "Erik") calling me this evening at my local downtown watering hole, wondering if I'm interested in purchasing season tickets.

Normally I'd hang up the phone but I wondered what angle he would take in trying to push his moribund product on a fan base that is a tad bit skeptical so I hung on.

"Hello Bishop this is Erik from the Bills wondering if you would be interesting in purchasing season tickets for the '08 season?"

Hiya Erik, as a fan that has attended games since the War Memorial period I'm always interested in my homeys but the off season scuttlebut and Mr. Wilson's flirtations with Toronto has left me wondering whether this team has any future here.

"Excellent point Bishop and one that has been mentioned by others I've talked to. Let me be the first to tell you that the Bills' marketing approach to secure the Bills future in WNY includes expanding its' base into the Toronto market"

Come again?

"Well as I'm sure you know this is nothing new in the NFL. At one time Green Bay played almost half thier season in Milwaukee."

Yeah but wasn't that back in say oh the seventies and eighties? And last I checked Milwaukee was in the same state and country as Green Bay. Was there a move afoot back then to pirate the Pack to Brewtown like there seems to be with Rogers and TO?

"We'll only be playing one game a year there Bishop for the next five years, plus three presason games" he seemed to mention almost aplogetically. "In addition Bishop we won't have to play in England, Mexico, or Japan like some NFL times will have to do."

Some consolation there Erik. I doubt very much the Jacksonville Jags are being courted to move to Birmingham UK.

Well how about this Erik, why don't the Bills play five preseason games and three regs over the next five years. Maybe then I might be a little less nervous. Afterall the last time a Buffalo Major League franchise tried to expand its base across the border they wound up in San Diego so pardon me for being a little cynical.

"Huh?"

Nevermind, a little before your time. Is it difficult selling a team that has been pretty pathetic for the last eight years. That is to say what kind of product are you planning on putting on the field in the upcoming months?

"Great you should that mention Bishop. We hope to fortify our already promising squad with a solid draft. Who would you like to see the Bills draft"

A big strong WR (as I quickly recalled the stock answer I've heard countless times over the last month or so)

"Excellent, so can we count on you as being part of our twelfth man next season Bishop"

Uh....possibly. Can you guarentee me a Superbowl like Green Bay got after they were done with the Milwaukee experiment?

"We can certainly try"

Well then I'll be in touch.

I wanted to tell the guy what an arsehole Ralph truly is (this after Erik telling me all the "wonderful" things Wilson has done for WNY) and I wanted to complain about the monumental blunder of the Bills for not deciding to be in the same division as Pittsburgh and Cleveland but the guy seemed so sincere.

I'll probably be hearing from Erik again in the not too distant future...and again..and again...and again

if your recap of the conversation is accurate, give erik some credit. he probably makes next to nothing and works from a script, you threw him a couple of curveballs and he seemed to attempt to answer them very diplomatically and professionally, most would have stammered and simply repeated the original question.

Maybe you don't understand....Erik called him on his cellphone!

Man I knew this board was full of ignorant toolboxes but I had no idea. No wonder I very rarely post here. Obviously to the neanderthals here it is better to sit down and lap up answers than stand up and ask questions when making a major commitment of time and money. Besides totally misreading my post, which a majority of you twits somehow managed to do (did I ever refuse to buy the season tickets?), there seems to be a noticable lack of any sort of suss when it comes to Wilson and the Bills organization.

It basically can be summed up like this: Football good, Ralph and Bills good, anybody who dare ask questions of above is "dik" (sic).

Christ I could go into any sports oriented bar in WNY and most if not all would agree with everything I have said...but here?

Sorry Darin, I guess you're not the only illiterate reactionary.

Man I knew this board was full of ignorant toolboxes but I had no idea. No wonder I very rarely post here. Obviously to the neanderthals here it is better to sit down and lap up answers than stand up and ask questions when making a major commitment of time and money. Besides totally misreading my post, which a majority of you twits somehow managed to do (did I ever refuse to buy the season tickets?), there seems to be a noticable lack of any sort of suss when it comes to Wilson and the Bills organization.

It basically can be summed up like this: Football good, Ralph and Bills good, anybody who dare ask questions of above is "dik" (sic).

Christ I could go into any sports oriented bar in WNY and most if not all would agree with everything I have said...but here?

I have bolded the funneh. Please enjoy.

It must be easier to convince yourself that everyone else is an "ignorant toolbox, idiot, neanderthal, or tard" than accept the fact that you are wrong and people generally don't like you.

if i were wilson and wanted the most profit, i'd sell the team to the highest bidder.

i wonder if wilson has figured this crazy plan out!!!?!?!

of course not, he doesn't understand business and the value of an NFL team. good thing, or else he'd be outta town in a new york minute!

Allow me to sit the fence here.... I DO understand the premise of the post, however, we are fans, and as a result, we chose the answer to the final question.... Do I support this team, or NOT! In the analysis of intentions in regard to the Toronto "dilemma", I am struck by the need to question motive, and as a result, have ominous feelings about the ultimate outcome. Ralph Wilson could indeed have jettisoned Buffalo, New York at any juncture of their existance, so I'm inclined to believe that his overriding intent is to build a viable business that does include a wider net of potential dollars and cents, going forward. The real question is founded on his eventaul demise, and the after effects of the sale of said franchise. Support at this critical juncture is of paramount importance for the next five years of the lease agreement, in my opinion, so Buffalo Bills fans hear this.... go to the games and cry, yell, emplore and cheer for the men who call themselves Buffalo Bills!!! GO BILLS!!!

Proving bishop is a conceited jerk is so easy a caveman could do it.