What all time Miami Dolphin player did you dislike the most?

I don't want to use the word hate but what Dolphin player got under your skin the most? For me it was a close race between Brian Cox and Louis Oliver. I think for me it would have to be Oliver. I'll never forget when they beat us and Oliver was so elated and was saying how he was going to ride that Buffalo or some stupid remark like that. It bother me alot to hear that idiot mock us so gleefully.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to use the word hate but what Dolphin player got under your skin the most? For me it was a close race between Brian Cox and Louis Oliver. I think for me it would have to be Oliver. I'll never forget when they beat us and Oliver was so elated and was saying how he was going to ride that Buffalo or some stupid remark like that. It bother me alot to hear that idiot mock us so gleefully.

Oliver did it for me...I actually liked Cox in a way b/c he cherished the rivalry with passion equal to that of the Bills players. Oliver was a non factor as far as I was concerned. He didn't show as much on the field as Cox did.

A close second for me was Crash Jensen.

My balls aren't that old, so I'll go with Marino. Sure we dominated him, but he was all the Dolphins had for a long time, and that was almost enough for a long time. The year he tore his Achilles was the only time I celebrated an injury. It would be like Brady being out for the year. When he and Jimbo retired the rivalry died. It just doesn't exist like it did before, and as a NFL historian, I can still put that in perspective of the bigger Bills/Dolphins rivalry from days gone by. Sorry folks, but Bills/Patriots is more then Bills/Dolphins. Times change. Call me out old schoolers, but this just isn't the same rivalry it was back in the day. People no longer walk a mile to school in 10 feet of snow. Few care about the clash of cultures anymore. We own the Fins lately, which amounts to third place at amateur strip club night. Beating an average team just doesn't give me that feeling it did when Thurman ran screens all over them in the AFC Championship. The Fins just flat out suck the last few years, and our team has just sucked a little less then them. Ya de da.

Jimmy Johnson - Stomped on Flutie Flakes and walked into the Bills locker room and said; "Oops, thought I was in the winners locker room!"

Nobody has less class than Johnson. Off the field Cox was a good guy. Cox comes in second for his on field crap but Johnson wins!!

Oliver. Hands down.

Cox? Yeah I hated him, but he was your traditional jackass. Oliver though... hated his guts.

Oliver sucked though. When Andre Reed finally makes it to the hall of fame he should thank Louis Oliver in his speech. He absolutley got toasted by Reed on a consistent basis. So I couldn't take him seriously enough to hate him. I couldn't stand cox, but in retrospect I definitely respect the type of competitor he was. Marino is and always has been a d-bag, great qb, but i really can't stand that guy.

Anyone who played for them from opening kickoff in 1970 through the final gun in 1979. With special animosity for

Eugene Morris.

With special mention to Jerry Bergman, The Ref who while a ref may have well as played for Miami given the atrocious calls he made in favor of Miami that led directly to Bills losses. Pat Toomey's recovery of a Morris fumble OVERTURNED. Tony Greene's 108 yard INT return for a score OVERTURNED! With the flag tossed WELL AFTER GREENE WAS HEADING DOWNFIELD for the score.

I will always HATE the Phins more than any other team. ALWAYS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Mark Clayton. I'll never forget the home opener of the 1991 season started against the phins I had tickets and Buffalo fell behind early 14-0. Then the crowd got into it and Clayton started screaming at the fans to sit down and shut up. Then he predicted a blow out. The Bills game back and won.

personally? probably Bryan Cox

who did i hate most on the playing field?

I think i enjoyed playing/defeating Dan Marino the most. that big, whiney crybaby. I loved when the Bills would get to him early and take him completely off of his game, and he'd be yelling at his own line... However, I have a few off-field experiences with him where I can say he was one of the nicest, classiest guys out there. So I dont "hate" him, just him as a player.

Is there some unwritten rule that you must start 5 threads per day?

Come to Chicago, and watch a game at Delilah's...walk in and scream "Dan Marino" at the top of your lungs; everyone in the bar, in unison, will tell you what we think of the former Dolphin QB; regardless of who the Bills happen to be playing that day...