Does trent have small hands?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh darnit. remind me again how well Derek Anderson and Eli played in those conditions. Cause despite the loss I dont remember either of those qb's "out performing" Edwards in the least. Infact Eli was entirely worse. I don't know what anyone expected Edwards to do in those conditions. When 2 qb's, on vastly superior teams, with superior skill position players, put up compareable/worse stats.

Edwards vs Anderson

Derek Anderson-

15 Dec 16 BUF W 8-0 57.1 9 24 137 5.7 25 0 0 Sacked 1 time for a loss of 7 yards

Trent Edwards-

15 Dec 16 @ CLE L 0-8 50.6 13 33 124 3.8 21 0 0 sacked 0 times no fumbles

The big difference. The height difference in wr's. The browns willingness to push the ball downfield. Forced Buffalo to only keep the traditional 7 in the box. Jamal Lewis then ripped us up. Buffalo meanwhile attempted barely anything downfield, until the end of the game, when we promptly moved the ball into scoring territory. I maintain to this day. Our coaches cost us this game, not Edwards. Cleveland sat 9 in the box, knowing buffalo wouldn't try anything downfield. A te in this sort of situation would've worked wonders.

Edwards vs Eli

Trent Edwards note- ints listed before tds.

16 Dec 23 NYG L 21-38 42.8 9 26 161 6.2 42 3 2 sacked 3 times loss of 24 yards 2 fumbles none lost

Eli Manning- again ints listed before tds

16 Dec 23 @ BUF W 38-21 32.2 7 15 111 7.4 39 2 0 sacked 2 times for a loss of 17 yards 5 fumbles.

This game was dominated, by weather, as neither team could score moving into the wind. The Conditions went from 50 and nice to about 20 with about 40-45mph wind gusts snow/rain swirling around. That was in a matter of a mere hour and a half from start of the game to the end of the 2nd quarter. The Giants won in absolute spite of Eli during this game. On the strength of Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw, and 2 early 4th quarter picks, with the Bills going into the wind. Statistically even "The worst player in bad weather" ever Trent Edwards, edges out superbowl mvp Eli Manning. In one of the worst wind weather games I've seen in quite some time.

BTW Culpepper fumbled a lot because he had small hands or once every 38 times he touched the ball pass + rush att

Edwards in his rookie season fumbled once every 70 times he touched the ball.

I understand fully Edwards has to learn to play in bad weather conditions, if he's going to be the long term answer at qb. Let's try to keep some perspective though, and call a spade a spade. The conditions in both games were favorable to none of the teams bills/giants/browns, in the respective games. Was Edwards performance good? Hardly.. Was it in line with said other qb's during these games? Damn skippy it was.

Excellent post. You obviously spent a lot of time on that. :lol::devil:

He's a rookie that isn't that good anyway (yet) and he doesn't know how to play in the cold.

So tell me then. What does a QB HAVE to do differently in the cold? Wind, yes. There are adjustments that have to be made. But what would a QB have to specifically alter in order to play in the cold? Can't wait for your answer.

GO BILLS!!!

This is a serious question. Trent had alot of trouble in the snow and this morning i remembered my brother explaining why Daute Culpepper couldn't play in a cold weather environment... small hands. Could that be a reason why TE had trouble and needed those gloves? if it is this could be a bit of an oversight by our scouting staff

I will ask my friends who have shook his hands and will get back to you.

So tell me then. What does a QB HAVE to do differently in the cold? Wind, yes. There are adjustments that have to be made. But what would a QB have to specifically alter in order to play in the cold? Can't wait for your answer.

GO BILLS!!!

When I worked at Dunkirk Ice Cream Lou Sabin would bring his QBs in to practice in the frozen warehouse. After he left, the team moved training camp to Fredonia to be closer to the warehouse. That move to Rochester really messed things up. :P

When I worked at Dunkirk Ice Cream Lou Sabin would bring his QBs in to practice in the frozen warehouse. After he left, the team moved training camp to Fredonia to be closer to the warehouse. That move to Rochester really messed things up. :P

I remember those stories. But this idea of not knowing how to play in the cold it ludicrous. If you know how to play in 72 degree weather, you know how to play in cold weather as well. It's a question of acclimation and a few days with some reps outside the field house will suffice just fine. If Edwards loses his job it won't be because he can't play in cold weather.

Wind on the other hand? That's the bigger issue. But I've seen far more strong-armed QBs that Edwards struggle with windy conditions. Especially with the swirling field level winds that you have NO control over in a sudden 35mph gust. Everyone from Namath to Marino to Elway to Kelly has thrown miserably wounded ducks in those conditions.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Simple. Make enough plays to score enough points to win. That's what the good one's do. Use your feet, arm and head to do it.

Simple. Make enough plays to score enough points to win. That's what the good one's do. Use your feet, arm and head to do it.

In other words play the same way you play in warm temperatures.

GO BILLS!!!

Alot of it has to do with how you control the tip of the ball. I played in high school so i hardly call myself an expert but one thing i was good at was throwing into a wind. If you can keep the ball under the wind and with a strong tight spiral that ball isnt going anywhere. For me it was a slight change of motion but i could hit my target 90% of the time