Does trent have small hands?

This is a serious question. Trent had alot of trouble in the snow and this morning i remembered my brother explaining why Daute Culpepper couldn't play in a cold weather environment... small hands. Could that be a reason why TE had trouble and needed those gloves? if it is this could be a bit of an oversight by our scouting staff

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a serious question. Trent had alot of trouble in the snow and this morning i remembered my brother explaining why Daute Culpepper couldn't play in a cold weather environment... small hands. Could that be a reason why TE had trouble and needed those gloves? if it is this could be a bit of an oversight by our scouting staff

Like carni' small?

Maybe he sucked in the snow that day because he sucked that day. Or maybe he had a bad hemorroid problem. OR maybe he is manic depressive and it was a depressive day. Stop being a hamhead.

Hands look fine.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/7763/8a...48d15ff1bz1.jpg

Dunno about Edwards.

That is Kitna's problem. Undrafted, he got into NFL starting roles because he's a canny, hard-working, smart fellow...but his small hands can't grip the ball for long heaves, and has him being a fumbler. Too bad...he would have been a top QB otherwise.

Maybe he sucked in the snow that day because he sucked that day. Or maybe he had a bad hemorroid problem. OR maybe he is manic depressive and it was a depressive day. Stop being a hamhead.

Hands look fine.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/7763/8a...48d15ff1bz1.jpg

I was trying to ask a serious question, this has nothing to do with my avatar or name but with Trent.

thanks to cinci for giving me an honest answer

No....hands look good. Next.

Gosh darnit. remind me again how well Derek Anderson and Eli played in those conditions. Cause despite the loss I dont remember either of those qb's "out performing" Edwards in the least. Infact Eli was entirely worse. I don't know what anyone expected Edwards to do in those conditions. When 2 qb's, on vastly superior teams, with superior skill position players, put up compareable/worse stats.

Edwards vs Anderson

Derek Anderson-

15 Dec 16 BUF W 8-0 57.1 9 24 137 5.7 25 0 0 Sacked 1 time for a loss of 7 yards

Trent Edwards-

15 Dec 16 @ CLE L 0-8 50.6 13 33 124 3.8 21 0 0 sacked 0 times no fumbles

The big difference. The height difference in wr's. The browns willingness to push the ball downfield. Forced Buffalo to only keep the traditional 7 in the box. Jamal Lewis then ripped us up. Buffalo meanwhile attempted barely anything downfield, until the end of the game, when we promptly moved the ball into scoring territory. I maintain to this day. Our coaches cost us this game, not Edwards. Cleveland sat 9 in the box, knowing buffalo wouldn't try anything downfield. A te in this sort of situation would've worked wonders.

Edwards vs Eli

Trent Edwards note- ints listed before tds.

16 Dec 23 NYG L 21-38 42.8 9 26 161 6.2 42 3 2 sacked 3 times loss of 24 yards 2 fumbles none lost

Eli Manning- again ints listed before tds

16 Dec 23 @ BUF W 38-21 32.2 7 15 111 7.4 39 2 0 sacked 2 times for a loss of 17 yards 5 fumbles.

This game was dominated, by weather, as neither team could score moving into the wind. The Conditions went from 50 and nice to about 20 with about 40-45mph wind gusts snow/rain swirling around. That was in a matter of a mere hour and a half from start of the game to the end of the 2nd quarter. The Giants won in absolute spite of Eli during this game. On the strength of Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw, and 2 early 4th quarter picks, with the Bills going into the wind. Statistically even "The worst player in bad weather" ever Trent Edwards, edges out superbowl mvp Eli Manning. In one of the worst wind weather games I've seen in quite some time.

BTW Culpepper fumbled a lot because he had small hands or once every 38 times he touched the ball pass + rush att

Edwards in his rookie season fumbled once every 70 times he touched the ball.

I understand fully Edwards has to learn to play in bad weather conditions, if he's going to be the long term answer at qb. Let's try to keep some perspective though, and call a spade a spade. The conditions in both games were favorable to none of the teams bills/giants/browns, in the respective games. Was Edwards performance good? Hardly.. Was it in line with said other qb's during these games? Damn skippy it was.

I was trying to ask a serious question, this has nothing to do with my avatar or name but with Trent.

thanks to cinci for giving me an honest answer

Maybe you got a stupid answer because you asked a ridiculous question. The only snow game was a friggin blizzard that virtually no QB would play well in, even if he had gorilla hands. How can we take your question as serious when playing in a blizzard has nothing to do with the size of your hands.

Gosh darnit. remind me again how well Derek Anderson and Eli played in those conditions. Cause despite the loss I dont remember either of those qb's "out performing" Edwards in the least. Infact Eli was entirely worse. I don't know what anyone expected Edwards to do in those conditions. When 2 qb's, on vastly superior teams, with superior skill position players, put up compareable/worse stats.

Edwards vs Anderson

Derek Anderson-

15 Dec 16 BUF W 8-0 57.1 9 24 137 5.7 25 0 0 Sacked 1 time for a loss of 7 yards

Trent Edwards-

15 Dec 16 @ CLE L 0-8 50.6 13 33 124 3.8 21 0 0 sacked 0 times no fumbles

The big difference. The height difference in wr's. The browns willingness to push the ball downfield. Forced Buffalo to only keep the traditional 7 in the box. Jamal Lewis then ripped us up. Buffalo meanwhile attempted barely anything downfield, until the end of the game, when we promptly moved the ball into scoring territory. I maintain to this day. Our coaches cost us this game, not Edwards. Cleveland sat 9 in the box, knowing buffalo wouldn't try anything downfield. A te in this sort of situation would've worked wonders.

Edwards vs Eli

Trent Edwards note- ints listed before tds.

16 Dec 23 NYG L 21-38 42.8 9 26 161 6.2 42 3 2 sacked 3 times loss of 24 yards 2 fumbles none lost

Eli Manning- again ints listed before tds

16 Dec 23 @ BUF W 38-21 32.2 7 15 111 7.4 39 2 0 sacked 2 times for a loss of 17 yards 5 fumbles.

This game was dominated, by weather, as neither team could score moving into the wind. The Conditions went from 50 and nice to about 20 with about 40-45mph wind gusts snow/rain swirling around. That was in a matter of a mere hour and a half from start of the game to the end of the 2nd quarter. The Giants won in absolute spite of Eli during this game. On the strength of Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw, and 2 early 4th quarter picks, with the Bills going into the wind. Statistically even "The worst player in bad weather" ever Trent Edwards, edges out superbowl mvp Eli Manning. In one of the worst wind weather games I've seen in quite some time.

BTW Culpepper fumbled a lot because he had small hands or once every 38 times he touched the ball pass + rush att

Edwards in his rookie season fumbled once every 70 times he touched the ball.

I understand fully Edwards has to learn to play in bad weather conditions, if he's going to be the long term answer at qb. Let's try to keep some perspective though, and call a spade a spade. The conditions in both games were favorable to none of the teams bills/giants/browns, in the respective games. Was Edwards performance good? Hardly.. Was it in line with said other qb's during these games? Damn skippy it was.

Ok point taken. Just asking because it came to mind this morning. thanks for the stats.

You should know by now that you can't have a serious discussion about the QB position without it turning into a JP/Edwards pissing match and having the opposite sides faithful come in and try to beat you into oblivion becuase you apparently asked a retarded question and am just a homer for the other guy

Ok point taken. Just asking because it came to mind this morning. thanks for the stats.

No problem. It's actually not a dumb question. It is actually an issue that some qb's especially those who fumble a lot have. I may disagree about personal preference in qb's, but we're still all bills fans hoping for the best. :devil:

No I don`t think so. If you saw his facial expressions in the Browns game ,you could tell he was freezing and having a hard time dealing with the weather. The kid has never had to play in cold weather and it`s a big shock to your system if you have never been in it. He needs a little more time in Buff to adjust to the weather. He needs to hang out with Jimbo and do some shots and toughen up a bit. I have relatives that come up here around the holidays and they are the same way. They are always cold and whining about the weather.

I don't know about Trent, but I'll tell you who has HUGE hands....... Kellen Winslow Jr. He was on NFL Network the other day, & they were throwing him the ball in the parking lot. He caught every ball thrown to him........... with ONE HAND, RIGHT & LEFT HANDED. AMAZING, He looked like an adult catching a baseball barehanded that a child would throw.

He needed the gloves because he's not used to the cold weather. I bet he's up in Alsaka right now training to handle the cold weather.