2008 Bills Offense

Frez

The Bills offense from the 2007 season has not changed one bit for the 2008 season. Yup we have a different offense cord, big deal. The Bills better add some playmakers to this offense or it's going to be 3 and out all over again! :unsure:

Adding one rookie WR to this team in 2008 is like peeing in Lake Ontario and trying to raise the water level. :blink:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills offense from the 2007 season has not changed one bit for the 2008 season. Yup we have a different offense cord, big deal. The Bills better add some playmakers to this offense or it's going to be 3 and out all over again! :unsure:

Adding one rookie WR to this team in 2008 is like peeing in Lake Ontario and trying to raise the water level. :blink:

No, but adding a rookie WR, and a new OC can do alot to change the offence

One of the biggest problems last year was the predictability of the offence (which falls onto the OC). Teams knew what Buffalo would run, and the Bills kept running it. Defences knew how to stop and they did nothing to try and counteract defences knowing their plays.

They may not go from being near the bottom to being the best with just those changes, but I can see them going from one of the worst to middle of the pact with just those changes.

One of the biggest problems last year was the predictability of the offence (which falls onto the OC). Teams knew what Buffalo would run, and the Bills kept running it. Defences knew how to stop and they did nothing to try and counteract defences knowing their plays.

They may not go from being near the bottom to being the best with just those changes, but I can see them going from one of the worst to middle of the pact with just those changes.

We also need a better than average starting TE for the 008 season. Enough of the scrub TE's!

Take our 2007 offense

Add a new offensive coordinator

Add a rookie WR (most likely)

Add increased productivity from tight end position (maybe)

Add maturity of Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson

Add maturity of Trent Edwards

= better than last year.

How can we not get better if we didn't lose anything? No we're not going to become the Colts overnight, but we will definitely be better than we were last year.

As long as Dicky J is the head coach, expect mediocrity or less on offense.

We also need a better than average starting TE for the 008 season. Enough of the scrub TE's!

you just put the nail on the head!! .. we ,the bills,,, havent had a threat at tight end in decades,,, if you check out league wide , most teams have "the guy", at te ,, gates ,gonzales ,shockey, franks ,crumpler, etc... ben coates made a career out of babysitting bledsoe breaking records for catches on 7 yard dump passes .. this years draft is our turn or should i say chance to get that dominating guy at te , while there is quality no one seems to be able agrre howgood they are if a run starts early fed davis ,martellus bennet, or keller the rest will follow quick .i think we need to get one no later than 2 nd round to insure we get that guy , our roster have guys with " potential" but we someone who odds to be that guy are better than what we have now,, if he still on the board martellus bennet is my choice for second round,,, great size ,hands, quicks,and hungry to be the guy... the bills recent additions at te are both way above average sizewise for te,, makes me belive that they want a bigger guy ,that would eliminante davis or keller both are small campared to our new fa bennet though fit that mold perfectly

Take our 2007 offense

= better than last year.

How can we not get better if we didn't lose anything? No we're not going to become the Colts overnight, but we will definitely be better than we were last year.

You took the words right out of my fingertips.

More importantly, defenses knew what the Bills COULDN'T run.

GO BILLS!!!

Take our 2007 offense

= better than last year.

Also, Edwards will have valuable time to gel with the 1st team offense AND will actually be allowed to audiblize.

I think the importance of this facet to the offense has been greatly overlooked.

How the hell could any offense expect to be consistently productive when they aren't given the option to look over the defensive and make changes to counter the look? I think that issue, more than anything else, should reveal why Losman is no longer # 1. The coaches quite obviously have no confidence in his ability to read defenses and be a field general. They're trading Losman's wheels for Edwards' brain and hoping that this will be the cure for the larthargic offensive production.

Can you imagine Jim Kelly not being allowed to call an audible?

Think having a real live FB will have much impact on the run game? Pass protection?

Unfortunately, no. A true FB may be a better blocker but the Bills were outnumbered at the LOS by stacked fronts. Simply too many guys for a TE, FB, or whomever to handle.

Based on results from last year, the biggest impact in our run game would come from using a 3 WR set to spread the defense. We had major success with that last year. Our OL dominated in space. But to run that consistently would take FAR more talent at TE and #2 WR than we already have. Not to mention it's a LOT more taxing mentally on ALL the skill positions. Plus, Marshawn would have to be SOLID in pass-pro. I understand why they didn't use it too much last year.

GO BILLS!!!

you just put the nail on the head!! .. we ,the bills,,, havent had a threat at tight end in decades,,, if you check out league wide , most teams have "the guy", at te ,, gates ,gonzales ,shockey, franks ,crumpler, etc... ben coates made a career out of babysitting bledsoe breaking records for catches on 7 yard dump passes .. this years draft is our turn or should i say chance to get that dominating guy at te , while there is quality no one seems to be able agrre howgood they are if a run starts early fed davis ,martellus bennet, or keller the rest will follow quick .i think we need to get one no later than 2 nd round to insure we get that guy , our roster have guys with " potential" but we someone who odds to be that guy are better than what we have now,, if he still on the board martellus bennet is my choice for second round,,, great size ,hands, quicks,and hungry to be the guy... the bills recent additions at te are both way above average sizewise for te,, makes me belive that they want a bigger guy ,that would eliminante davis or keller both are small campared to our new fa bennet though fit that mold perfectly

I agree that the offense is a good TE away (assuming we draft a WR in the first or second round) from doing a 180 from last year. It will depend alot on how well they can adapt to the new scheme, but something tells me that it isn't going to be that complicated this year while they get used to it. Even though it won't be complicated, I think it will be leagues above last years pathetic showing of play calling. With a decent TE, I could see us being middle of the pack or better on offense.

Also, your comma button is stuck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :unsure:

You need a little cheese with that whine buddy

Spot on, Frez. I'm overwhelmed with what HASN'T been done to help the offense, though I agree with eball that no Fairchild is addition by subtraction..

Someone please tell me there's only one way the offense can go, and that's to get better.. :lol:

Spot on, Frez. I'm overwhelmed with what HASN'T been done to help the offense, though I agree with eball that no Fairchild is addition by subtraction..

Someone please tell me there's only one way the offense can go, and that's to get better.. :unsure:

I can't recall who, but some pundit after mid-season commented that they played the dullest football he could recall.

I know they were in at least two games where the 1st half took little more than an hour...