Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a valid point. I guess we can try a heavy passing game against a weaker opponent (we will have plenty).

Fear not, Sloth, we'll still throw more this week than the past two. We'll be at 55/45 rather than 60/40.

I'll write up the full game plan tomorrow.

Also, if you guys ever want to tweak the game plan or have thoughts/ideas/insults about them when they are done ... let me know. I want the game to be fun for everyone.

I would definitely not go pass happy. That doesn't seem to work too often. I especially don't think it will work against a team like the Eagles. As you said above, try and test the passing theory against a relatively weaker opponent.

I would definitely not go pass happy. That doesn't seem to work too often. I especially don't think it will work against a team like the Eagles. As you said above, try and test the passing theory against a relatively weaker opponent.

pussies

(i actually agree with all of you)

tigga please

Week 3

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs EAGLES 5/02/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

The Eagles will be out for revenge after we showed them an early exit in the playoffs last season. Off to a 2-1 start, the Eagles switched up their offense after the week 2 loss. During the first two games the Eagles had surprisingly strayed from their formula of running with BWest and instead went heavy on the passing (94 passes to just 38 rushes). In week three they switched up and ran the ball 50 times and scored their first 3 rushing touchdowns of the season in a 39-0 route.

Our defense has been lights out so far this season. We have not given up a touch down and have held opponents to negative yards rushing in each of our past two games. The Eagles highly touted offensive line would like to change that formula.

I expect the Eagles to run BWest heavy. They feel their O-Line matches up well with our D-Line -- which I disagree with. So I say, let them come. We'll stack up against the run this week as we did in the playoffs. Our CBs and Safeties are good enough to stop their passing attack, we'll have our LBs and DL focus on the run. We must shut down BWest to win this game.

Last season the Eagles' defense was one of the league's best units. This year they have slipped slightly. They got off to a rocky start in weeks 1 & 2 and allowed their opponents to put up over 300 yards in consecutive games. The teams accomplished this by being primarily balanced (the Cows were 39/39 run pass while Clinchy was 36/40). The Dover team tried to air it out (24 rushes to 38 passes) and wound up getting blown out.

Our WRs and QB have the talent to overwhelm their secondary. But our O-Line and HBs match up well too. While I thought about changing things up and airing it out ... the team talked sense into me. We're going to stick with what's been working and pound the ball with our 3 great backs and our stud O-Line.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (60%**)

In the playoffs we ran 55% of the time. We have a much better O-Line and HB team this time around. We had been up to 60% the past two weeks. Focusing this much on the run should wear down their front 7 and also allow Sloth to take advantage of some play action passing.

We are also going to switch up our running lanes and focus on the outside this week. It'll be 40/60 inside to outside. We've had better success on the outside.

Additionally, Wang's great play will get him more carries this week.

Passing Attack: (40%**)

I love our WR matchups in this game and want to exploit it when we can. The heavy ground game should soften it up for Sloth to take some chances. If the game plan works as expected, we're going to throw a couple more deep balls this week when the Eagles' D starts to creep up.

We'll throw 25% of our passes short, 47% medium and 28% long.

We need Sloth to be mistake free this week as he was in the playoffs.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (4%)

We are going to play it safe and beat them straight up. We'll use our blitzes sparingly and focus on making good, clean tackles at the line of scrimmage. I'd ask that everyone set their tackles to WRAP UP. We have to stop them at the line of scrimmage and avoid missed tackles on BWest.

Rushing Defense: (55%)

BWest is their primary weapon and they made a major shift in tactics to focus on the run after two weeks of trying to dink and dunk with their QB. I expect they'll ride the wave and try to run all over us. Thus, we'll up the Run D to 55. This will put a ton of pressure on our secondary because the Eagles will still try to pass.

Passing Defense: (45%)

The Eagles have some great WRs, but have found most of their success hitting the underneath routes. This is why we're asking our CBs to play TIGHT this week and our Safeties to lay back. Collapsing on the short routes should frustrate their passing attack and may cause a few more INTs.

We'll defend 35% vs the short routes, 50% vs the medium and 15% against the deep ball.

GO MEATBALLS!

** Denote changes made due to the new advanced energy features added late tonight.

Edited by tgreg99

Meatballs!

There is a new Advanced Energy Management tool in the game plan. It allows us to determine BY POSITION when to sit and when to play a player.

I am not sure how these settings will work yet as they are going to be active for our game. I'd like to mess with them but worry about bugs.

I'm thinking our QB can have a wide range to keep Sloth in (like his low point would be 30%). There is also an option to FORCE the starters to play in given situations (on 1st down, 2nd down etc ... by QUARTER).

Anywho ... I thought I'd pick your guys brains as to where you want your positions stamina set.

Thoughts would be appreciate, I'll post the numbers when I do them in a sec and you guys can offer advice.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread...hread_id=152009

MEATBALLS vs EAGLES (5/02/08)

New Advanced Energy Tactics:

So, they added a new Advanced Energy menu for the game plan. It seems like it will help a ton. I've toyed with it for this game, not sure if I like the settings or not. But I'd ask that everyone WATCH their players this game. Number of snaps, times you're on the field etc. Let me know if it's good, bad or ugly. This way we can work towards tweaking the levels to make sure we're getting the most out of it.

To help, I included the settings I'm using below.

For the positions where we have good depth (DT, NT, DE, LB, CB, WR, HB, OG) I kept the Min Energy Level HIGH ... the hope is that it forces a heavy rotation while keeping all these players fresh for the fourth quarter.

For the positions where our depth is lacking (or suspect) I've kept the Min Energy level LOW so that the starters stay out for a longer period (Not as much rotation).

The recommended settings are 30% Min Energy Level to 65% Return Energy Level. I'm guessing that this means players are still 100% effective at 65% energy, but start to dip after that. And they become LESS effective than their skill level at anything under 30%. This is a GUESS based on their recommendations. But I think it's a good one. This is why I need you guys to pay attention this game and help us craft the perfect ratios ...

Note: The ratios are the MINIMUM ALLOWABLE ENERGY LEVEL / RETURN ENERGY LEVEL.

Positional Breakdown:

QB: 30 / 65

HB: 84 / 94

FB: 45 / 80

WR: 75 / 90

TE: 45 / 85

C: 45 / 84

LT: 45 / 84

RT: 45 / 84

LG: 55 / 84

RG: 55 / 84

NT: 84 / 94

DT: 84 / 94

DE: 70 / 85

DE: 70 / 85

MLB: 75 / 89

OLB: 80 /90

OLB: 80 / 90

CB: 80 /92

SS: 75 / 90

FS: 75 / 90

K: 1 / 2

P: 1 / 2

Kick Returner: 50 / 85

Punt Returner: 50 / 85

KOS: 30 / 65

KRS: 30 / 65

QUARTER SETTINGS:

(These are the situational settings ... )

First Quarter:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone

Favor Backups (over rides the above settings) when up by 14 points.

Second Quarter:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 3 Min remain.

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 3 Min remain.

Favor Backups when up by 14 points.

Third Quarter:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone

Favor Backups when up by 14

Fourth Quarter:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 5 Min remain.

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 5 Min remain.

Favor Backups when up by 14.

OT:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 8 Min remain.

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 8 Min remain.

***NOTE: Due to the ability to control our subs (more) now, I changed our offensive game plan slightly. We are going to go back to our 60%/40% run to pass split that we had the last two weeks. I am doing this because Sloth should stay in the game the whole time now (unlike the last two weeks where he seemed to get more tired handing the ball off). This should make the 40% of the passes we throw more effective.

You beat me to it! Damn you :wallbash:

Haven't looked at the stats, but GREAT WORK TEAM! HOOKERS AND BLOW FOR EVERYONE!

If all the players could look at your snaps and ending energy levels for me, that would help. We can tweak our energy settings more to your liking. Just let me know.

4-0!!!

Haven't looked at the stats, but GREAT WORK TEAM! HOOKERS AND BLOW FOR EVERYONE!

If all the players could look at your snaps and ending energy levels for me, that would help. We can tweak our energy settings more to your liking. Just let me know.

4-0!!!

Might want to tweak the OLine settings. The starters all had 70+ snaps, might not be good for their energy

Might want to tweak the OLine settings. The starters all had 70+ snaps, might not be good for their energy

Yeah ... for the next game we're going to need our O-Line (some of whom won't make it back to 100 before the game) to play NORMAL (rather than HARD). Rest up for our tougher game down the road.

I'll have to figure out a way to tweak it. The platoon system did not work for the HBs or DT either. Glow wound up getting the majority of the snaps. Same with Jock and Jasper.

Thoughts are welcome ...

4-0!!!

Jobu - 68 plays, 65 energy @ end.

Finch - 11 plays, 95 energy @ end.

Gut - 51 plays, 79 energy @ end.

Matrix - 22 plays, 91 energy @ end.

Guessing you don't need Stumpy's #'s

Not sure what happened with Matrix. Krunch is 2-3 points ahead of him in stamina, but managed 50+ plays. Smash was also in the low 20's and Jack was 50+. I can't see their physical settings. The Pine(s) managed more plays tahn both Matrix & Smash at slightly less stamina. I do have Matrix's iplay ntensity set at hard.

I had 5 players level-up after this game! :wallbash:

Here's my energy/plays stats:

Snot - 61 energy/90 plays

Chubbs - 67/74

Smash - 90/22

Brick - 69/72

White - 77/58

Wang - 75/60

Dizzy - 96/4

IHOP - 91/16

Eagle-Eye - 70/30

All players were set to "Hard" intensity for the big game.

Hmm ... interesting stats. Not sure, we are DEF going to have to tweak some settings. Open to any and all thoughts.

I think part of the reason the Pines got so many snaps was the setting, FAVOR BACKUPS when up by 14 points. We lead most of the second half so I think they started to favor our back ups ... but not sure why we still wound up with such a disparity or why our platoon system didn't work.

4-0!!!

They tried to trick us up this game, and only ran it 10 times, while passing 57 times.

Our defense held up though.

23.05 so I didn't think it would effect it that much.

At this point it does. You need to pretty much have 1 more stamina point for every level that your player is. You should start a level 1 at 20. If you're a level 10, you should be at or near 30.