Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

Sounds like the top two teams from each conference go up a level -- so we're gone regardless of the outcome of the next game. Kinda sad -- but good for the team!

I think it's only 2 from each League ... meaning the two that make the championship game. Moving 4 teams each season would be a pain ...

But I'm guessing based on the forum posts.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had all our third-stringers in there. Oddly, Brussels had their second-string QB in the game during overtime....however their second string QB is their highest rated QB! :huh:

I put Long Strong Arm at second string because he's been doing better at relief off the bench than he has been starting, and Brohm's been a better starter. I don't know why, but that's how it's been working so I went with it.

Kannon, on the other hand.... He needs some work. :wallbash:

So yeah what is up with going for it on 4th and 10 on your own 39 in overtime. What kind of moron coach would ever do that? That has to be a bug. Tgreg file a bug on that or something.

Thats a bunch of crap, we got robbed.

I already emailed them ... I'm thinking it's because they don't have double OT programmed into the simulation.

So yeah what is up with going for it on 4th and 10 on your own 39 in overtime. What kind of moron coach would ever do that?

Apparently your moron coach.... <_<

Well I'm net letting the Cows claim the victory, they rigged the system. A bunch of cheaters if I ever saw one. Start calling them the Cowcheaters.

Hey, not my fault your coach took the bribe.... :worthy:

I think it's only 2 from each League ... meaning the two that make the championship game. Moving 4 teams each season would be a pain ...

But I'm guessing based on the forum posts.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread...thread_id=50944

"-Teams that make the championship, do they promote to a higher league after playoffs are over?-

Yes, top two teams from each conference championship will be promoted to a higher league. Top two in the Pro Leagues will soon be promoted to a champions league as soon as that is implemented. "

If he's right, that means the top two teams in the Alpha conference and top two teams in the Zeta conference would bump up to the Pro league (from AAA). After reading the thread though, it seems like nobody's really sure...

I have a feeling that you'll be winning the whole thing next year though!

• 2 weeks later...

Meatballs! Big game tomorrow. A chance to stomp on the very first team to beat us last year. I'll be putting out a game plan in the next few hours including some advance tactic settings/suggestions.

If anyone has seen Dick MickaMeyer and Ed Smalls (ironsack!), they haven't been on since the new season started, we'd love to get them boosted before this game!

More to come.

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs 76ers 4/27/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

The 76ers were the first team we played once the Meatballs became the Meatballs. They whooped us that game ... but since that time, we have drastically improved while they have stayed pretty much the same. It's time to exact our revenge!!!

The 76ers are led by their level 14 QB, Gael Neyron who threw for 271 yards and 2 TDs in week one. While he has a cannon for an arm, the targets are scarce. Jerry Rice is the number one target -- this level 7 WR snagged both of Neyron's TDs in week one on his way to 119 yards. However, other than Rice, the 76ers don't have much in the way of receiving options.

Warrick Dunn is their starting tailback, but only at a level 4, he's not much of a threat. They have a level 5 backing him up -- but even so, the 76ers use their running game sparingly. They only ran the ball 15 times in week one -- a trend we're betting they will continue.

On the defensive side of thigns, the 76ers are weak on the edges, their D-Ends and OLBs are ranked between 4 and 7 and have slow feet. We should be able to exploit the outside rushing game with our trio of backs. Their best defensive player is a level 9 DT and a level 12 FS -- the only two human players ranked higher than 8 on their defensive squad.

This should be a game where we are able to do what we want, when we want.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (60%)

The 76ers are so thin on the front 7, a heavy dose of Glow, Just Win and Dizzy should wear them out quick -- forcing their backups (all level 3 or below) onto the field. We're going to go heavy on the ground as the 76ers last opponent put up close to 180 yards on the ground without breaking a sweat.

We are going to favor the outside rushing lanes (55%).

TACTIC SETTINGS: We are asking our WRs to make sure their blocking to RUN (not pass) to help wall off the DBs and spring our backs for the long gainers.

Passing Attack: (40%)

Sloth started hot out of the gate and should be able to pick apart this defensive secondary -- especially after our running game wears down the unit. Jobu, had a break out game last week as our number 2, but we're going to move him back to the slot this week to allow him to exploit mismatches with their Nickel backs and plodding OLBs. James T Kirk will take the number 2 spot this week as Smalls is still MIA (Stockholm police have begun searching car trunks for his body ... and our kicker's!)

We should find favorable match ups underneath and thus we will throw short 45%, Medium 40% and long 15%. Run after the catch will be a big factor in our game plan!

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (8%)

We're going to up our blitz package this week. Gut had a GREAT game last week with 2 sacks, we should see more pressure generated by the monsterous DE as the 76ers OTs are suspect. Upping our blitz package slightly will allow Diesel, Krunch and Matrix to pick up some pressures.

TACTICS: We don't fear their running game, so if the D-Lineman want to set their tactics to HARD HITS rather than WRAP UP it's cool. It's whatever you want this week!

Rushing Defense: (43%)

Our Front 7 is capable of shutting down their rushing attack even if the 76ers change up their strategy this week. There's no one to fear in that offensive backfield. The coaches would rather focus on stopping the pass than the run.

TACTICS: We would ask LBs to read PASS first this week (as well as DBs). This should help us get some picks!

Passing Defense: (57%)

We expect them to try to air it out. And we'll be ready. Rice had a big opening game, but Money, Stickum, Rice and Coltrane are far better than any DBs he's faced before. We should be able to ball hawk a bit this week and force some turnovers.

We're going to focus 35% on short, 45% on medium and 20% on deep balls.

TACTICS: We ask that DBs turn their tackle settings to WRAP UP. CBs can go for picks or play their men tight while the SS/FS should play medium.

LET'S GO MEATBALLS!!!!!

Early prep on the Bushy Park Badgers ...

They are overwhelmingly CPU controlled. The owner has a QB and a WR he loves, thus they pass 58 times a game to only 18 carries.

Teams have rammed the ball down their throat so far (40 & 53 carries respectively) with far worse OLs and RBs than what we have.

This should be another blow out if we play our cards right. We'll probably lean heavy on the run again but try to open up the passing attack for Sloth too. Gut and Havoc should have a field day in the sack department. Hopefully Rice, Stickum and the Pico will get some picks!

More to come later.

Be sure to train on RELAXED and rest up!

What was the deal with our QB sitting out so many snaps? That could kill us in big games. Maybe we should reduce out sub-in number?

I will use all extra xp points Sloth earns towards stamina

I don't know, it's odd. Game 1 we went pass heavy and Sloth played every snap.

This week we went run heavy and Sloth took 32 plays off.

Do they really think handing the ball off is more taxing on a QB's stamina than throwing the ball?

I don't know, it's odd. Game 1 we went pass heavy and Sloth played every snap.

This week we went run heavy and Sloth took 32 plays off.

Do they really think handing the ball off is more taxing on a QB's stamina than throwing the ball?

Hell, I went 53:47 Pass run and our QB threw 47 times and we ran 21 or somesuch, explain that? In my honest opinion though coach, you should develop a back up behind Slothrop to prevent his loss (due to whatever) so it won't cripple us when he does go out. Still, the team should be proud of the win today. Damn, the DL kicked ass.

Hell, I went 53:47 Pass run and our QB threw 47 times and we ran 21 or somesuch, explain that? In my honest opinion though coach, you should develop a back up behind Slothrop to prevent his loss (due to whatever) so it won't cripple us when he does go out. Still, the team should be proud of the win today. Damn, the DL kicked ass.

Totally. I have faith in Rydin Pine. He's a level 9, about to be 10. Good vision and throwing ability. He is the perfect backup because he's comfortable on the pine. <_<

Early prep on the Bushy Park Badgers ...

They are overwhelmingly CPU controlled. The owner has a QB and a WR he loves, thus they pass 58 times a game to only 18 carries.

Teams have rammed the ball down their throat so far (40 & 53 carries respectively) with far worse OLs and RBs than what we have.

This should be another blow out if we play our cards right. We'll probably lean heavy on the run again but try to open up the passing attack for Sloth too. Gut and Havoc should have a field day in the sack department. Hopefully Rice, Stickum and the Pico will get some picks!

More to come later.

Be sure to train on RELAXED and rest up!

Speaking of INT's, I changed Pico's advanced tactics to be aggressive when going for an INT, and playing pass first.

He had been in the middle settings on both of those before.

If you think that's a bad idea, let me know.

Speaking of INT's, I changed Pico's advanced tactics to be aggressive when going for an INT, and playing pass first.

He had been in the middle settings on both of those before.

If you think that's a bad idea, let me know.

I think it's fine for this game. The Badgers are going to be pass happy, we should get some chances at picks. Even if they beat us deep once with Pico going for an INT, we should still win (knock on wood ... right now ... knock!).

When we play the Eagles on the 2nd, you might want to scale him back to balanced. They are a much bigger threat.