Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

I think it's fine for this game. The Badgers are going to be pass happy, we should get some chances at picks. Even if they beat us deep once with Pico going for an INT, we should still win (knock on wood ... right now ... knock!).

When we play the Eagles on the 2nd, you might want to scale him back to balanced. They are a much bigger threat.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Although since he is a FS, perhaps I should leave him on pass first? (but still drop his aggressiveness on INT's)

He'll just be a step late responding to the run, but with our D-line and LB's, he doesn't get to make many run tackles anyway.

But I'll listen to whatever my coach says :o

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Although since he is a FS, perhaps I should leave him on pass first? (but still drop his aggressiveness on INT's)

He'll just be a step late responding to the run, but with our D-line and LB's, he doesn't get to make many run tackles anyway.

But I'll listen to whatever my coach says :beer:

I'd definitely be fine with Pico thinking pass first this week. If he has to make a ton of tackles in the running game, we're in all sorts of trouble anyway -- at least against this team :o

I am setting Pine's (the SS of the Pines) to medium coverage to avoid getting beat deep. So if Pico wants to take some chances, Pine and McGroin (if he's alive) will have his back!

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs BADGERS 4/30/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

The Busy Park Badgers did us a huge favor last year by losing in the last week and allowing us to claim the number 8 seed in the playoffs. So far they have started out 0-2 this season and I think it's only fair we make them continue their trend.

The Badgers have an overwhelming amount of CPU players and an insistence on airing the ball out despite their lack of skill in the passing game.

Thus far this season their anemic offense has mustered just 8.5 points a game. In two games they are averaging 58 passing attempts for 217.5 yards to just 18.5 rushing attempts at a clip of 29.5 yards per game. The entirety of the offense is averaging just over 246 yards a game.

On the other side of the ball, the CPU defense has been shredded this year to the tune of 20.5 points per game while giving up an average of 172.5 yards on the ground a game. Both opponents this year have pounded the ball on their suspect front 7 -- we shall do the same.

This should be another big week for our O-Line and our RBs. We should manhandle them up front and I wouldn't be surprised if we approach 40 pancake blocks once again.

Sloth will get his shots down field too, as our magnificent WR corps should have their way with the Badger's secondary.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (60%)

We are going to remain at 60% this week on the ground. It worked last week against a stronger opponent, we should have a field day with it this week.

We will run more to the inside this week behind Dangler and Chubbs (52%). Just Win and Dizzy (our two power backs) should find plenty of room to run with the Glow dancing on the outside.

TACTIC SETTINGS: We are asking our WRs to make sure their blocking to RUN (not pass) to help wall off the DBs and spring our backs for the long gainers.

Passing Attack: (40%)

Sloth will get his chances this week as Jobu and Willie Banks will have plenty of chances to stretch the field. There is not a DB on the roster who can match Jobu or Butler's speed. Expect the PR/KR to have a big game as the number 5 WR this week.

We're going to go 30% on the short routes, 45% on medium and 25% on the deep ball.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (8%)

Our Blitz package is going to stay the same -- with a pass happy attack, we should get some great pressure this week with our LBs and DEs.

TACTICS: We don't fear their running game, so if the D-Lineman want to set their tactics to HARD HITS rather than WRAP UP it's cool. It's whatever you want this week!

Rushing Defense: (40%)

The Badgers don't run ... even if they did, our front 7 is more than able to stop them and win their one on one matchups. I would not be shocked if our D holds the Badgers to negative rushing yards as we did last week!

TACTICS: We would ask LBs to read PASS first this week (as well as DBs). This should help us get some picks!

Passing Defense: (60%)

While the Badgers don't run, they sure do love to pass. Our DBs should overwhelm the WRs and with Cash Money (the Badger QB) throwing off his back foot due to the pressure, our Safties should get some picks.

We're going to focus 35% on short, 45% on medium and 20% on deep balls.

TACTICS: We ask that DBs turn their tackle settings to WRAP UP. CBs can go for picks or play their men tight while the SS/FS should play medium.

Substitution Settings: 80/90

The new energy system has forced us to tinker with this setting. I'm still not sure what's best, so I'm open to suggestions. I'm leaning towards this ratio this week because it should keep our starters fresh (and thus give them more plays). And, when they are rotated out -- it shouldn't be for very long stretches.

Hopefully this works -- it's a matter of fine tuning now I think.

INTENSITY LEVELS: Note, to all the players who dropped to 75 or below last week, try setting your levels from HARD to NORMAL (or if you were at NORMAL, try RELAXED) this week. We should beat these guys even if we all play at the Normal setting ... and I want to have as many people fresh to go HARD next week against the Eagles.

GO MEATBALLS!!!! 3-0 HERE WE COME!

Our GM put out offers to four FA's today in the D leagues:

A Center, CB, MLB, and DT.

It would be cooler if we could fill these back up roles with TSW players though ... so if anyone has an interest, let me know! The Meatballs need you!

Our GM put out offers to four FA's today in the D leagues:

A Center, CB, MLB, and DT.

It would be cooler if we could fill these back up roles with TSW players though ... so if anyone has an interest, let me know! The Meatballs need you!

Laconia Spartans and New Hampshire Hustlers could also use some TSW players...

FB Austin Wang with his first TD and three monster runs where he pounded some fools...

Austin Wang rush [missed tackle: Griffin Nguyen] [missed tackle: Rex Dozier] [missed tackle: Kenton Drake] [missed tackle: Rex Dozier] to the right (12.5 yd gain) [tackle: Dario Lay]

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1523207

Austin Wang rush [missed tackle: Clyde Pollock] [missed tackle: Dario Lay] [missed tackle: Clyde Pollock] [missed tackle: Kenton Drake] up the middle (13.5 yd gain) [tackle: Rex Dozier]

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1523520

Austin Wang rush [missed tackle: Ivan Davis] [missed tackle: Zack Driver] [missed tackle: Darion Alley] up the middle (10 yd gain) [tackle: Rex Dozier]

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1524973

Meatballs Win big....Again.

Incredible game from Pico.

Changing those settings gave him two picks and a TD!!!

He had a GREAT game! First INT for a TD this season in the whole league I think!!!

Our Defense is even better than I thought ...

FB Austin Wang with his first TD and two monster runs where he pounded some fools...

Austin Wang rush [missed tackle: Griffin Nguyen] [missed tackle: Rex Dozier] [missed tackle: Kenton Drake] [missed tackle: Rex Dozier] to the right (12.5 yd gain) [tackle: Dario Lay]

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1523207

Austin Wang rush [missed tackle: Clyde Pollock] [missed tackle: Dario Lay] [missed tackle: Clyde Pollock] [missed tackle: Kenton Drake] up the middle (13.5 yd gain) [tackle: Rex Dozier]

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1523520

It's good to see a worker like Wang get his due!

Sloth is going to be pissed that we didn't throw as much as I thought we were going to. But it's okay, we're going to have to open it up against the Eagles to win that one.

3-0 Meatballs!

More to come after my meeting this morning ...

He had a GREAT game! First INT for a TD this season in the whole league I think!!!

Our Defense is even better than I thought ...

He almost had a TD on his second pick as well. Had he been able to get by the TE, he had an open field all the way in.

Next week will be the first real test, but so far in 3 games this season, the Meatballs have given up an amazing 3 total points, while scoring an astonishing 99 points!!!

2. Bad stamina sliders/stamina attributes

I have seen a ton of team owners complaining about stamina issues. for the most part their players usually don't have enough stamina and/or their owner doesn't have good stamina settings. So to fix that, have a rule to get their stamina to 20 minimum first and set stamina at 60 out and 0 in. That should fix that for now.

Should we try this? I am sick of Sloth playing half the snaps because this may cost us a close game late in the game.

Should we try this? I am sick of Sloth playing half the snaps because this may cost us a close game late in the game.

I put in an email to Bort to ask why Sloth is getting more tired handing the ball off than throwing it. I also asked about that setting. I'll let you know.

My concern is our backups at every other position are good, so I don't want them not to get on the field.

This is something I've complained about to Bort too. We should have stamina settings by position, so I could let Sloth drop lower than say our DTs or LBs.

PS: But we're going to throw more this week (probably closer to 50/50) so Sloth should play the whole game like he did in week one ...

TACTICAL NOTE FOR THE EAGLES GAME:

Early I know, but as you are leveling up, change your tactical settings. We are playing the Eagles, and need every DL to play RUN first. All our LBs should as well.

Also, ALL Defensive players should switch to WRAP UP.

Just like we did in the playoffs, we need to stop their stud RB. These settings on Defense should help.

More to come when the full gameplan comes out tomorrow!

Team:

I'm working on the game plan for the Eagles and I'm a bit torn.

We've been very run heavy lately and have had great success. Our O-Line is dominant and our four headed running attack (including the now dangerous WANG) has dominated opponents. It seems to be that most teams that run heavy in the league win. In the playoffs we beat the Eagles with a 55%/45% split of run to pass.

However ... because we've been so run heavy (60% the past two games), I wonder if switching it up might catch the Eagles off guard. In the playoffs we exploited the weak edges of the Eagles' D, running mainly to the outside. They have since shored up their edges ... but their depth along the front 7 is still weak (and thus pounding the ball should give us an edge). Yet, now we have a HUGE edge in the secondary. Their secondary does not match up well with what I consider to be the best WR corps in the league.

I am tempted to be drastic and pull a 35%/65% run to pass ratio. What makes me wary of this is the game's inherent flaws in the passing AI. Even though Sloth and our WRs are excellent, teams that throw a lot (even on weaker opponents) seem to find little success. The Eagles themselves varied it up this season and wound up losing a game they should have won (on paper) by throwing the ball 50 times.

Our team has never really tested the passing system. We've never gone over 55% on the passing game ... maybe this isn't the time to mess with success. What do you guys think? Should we stick with what's working, or try something drastic?

Team:

Our team has never really tested the passing system. We've never gone over 55% on the passing game ... maybe this isn't the time to mess with success. What do you guys think? Should we stick with what's working, or try something drastic?

PASS!!!!! ( i may be a bit biased as the owner of our QB and a receiver)

PASS!!!!! ( i may be a bit biased as the owner of our QB and a receiver)

:thumbsup:

Either way we are going to pass more than the last two games. Default will be 55/45 run to pass ... which is what we had in Week 1 when Sloth threw for 2 TDs and 200 yards.

I'm just wondering what would happen if we juiced it to near 70%. In a "real" game I think it would work well because we would catch them off guard and we have the talent to beat them. I just fear that the game's AI would !@#$ it all up and we'd end up losing ... by a lot.

Team:

I'm working on the game plan for the Eagles and I'm a bit torn.

We've been very run heavy lately and have had great success. Our O-Line is dominant and our four headed running attack (including the now dangerous WANG) has dominated opponents. It seems to be that most teams that run heavy in the league win. In the playoffs we beat the Eagles with a 55%/45% split of run to pass.

However ... because we've been so run heavy (60% the past two games), I wonder if switching it up might catch the Eagles off guard. In the playoffs we exploited the weak edges of the Eagles' D, running mainly to the outside. They have since shored up their edges ... but their depth along the front 7 is still weak (and thus pounding the ball should give us an edge). Yet, now we have a HUGE edge in the secondary. Their secondary does not match up well with what I consider to be the best WR corps in the league.

I am tempted to be drastic and pull a 35%/65% run to pass ratio. What makes me wary of this is the game's inherent flaws in the passing AI. Even though Sloth and our WRs are excellent, teams that throw a lot (even on weaker opponents) seem to find little success. The Eagles themselves varied it up this season and wound up losing a game they should have won (on paper) by throwing the ball 50 times.

Not to be overconfident, but I really don't think we're gonna have a lot of problems making the playoffs.

Therefore, assuming we'll make the playoffs, I would stick with what's working now. That way, we can see how our strengths match up against a good team like the Eagles. If we aren't strong enough, then that gives us a better plan should we see them again.

Stick with the strong run game.

IMO

Not to be overconfident, but I really don't think we're gonna have a lot of problems making the playoffs.

Therefore, assuming we'll make the playoffs, I would stick with what's working now. That way, we can see how our strengths match up against a good team like the Eagles. If we aren't strong enough, then that gives us a better plan should we see them again.

Stick with the strong run game.

IMO

This is a valid point. I guess we can try a heavy passing game against a weaker opponent (we will have plenty).

Fear not, Sloth, we'll still throw more this week than the past two. We'll be at 55/45 rather than 60/40.

I'll write up the full game plan tomorrow.

Also, if you guys ever want to tweak the game plan or have thoughts/ideas/insults about them when they are done ... let me know. I want the game to be fun for everyone.