Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

Thanks. Looks like we got th ehelp we needed which means we face the Philadelphia Eagles juggernaut in the first round. All in all congrats to tgreg for turning around the Meatball train.

Good work team! When we started we were in last place and the laughing stock of the league. But we pulled together to turn it around and now, thanks to some help from our friends, we are in the playoffs!

Philly is a tough team -- but we'll give them a game. Our rosters aren't that far off as far as talent. Our scouts are working hard to find the right game plan to pull off the upset!

Congrats to the Longnecks and Cows as well. Not a bad half season for TSW teams!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We made the playoffs!

You know what sucks.. before the start of the next game, I am going to be 3 XP points away from lvl 8. Curse my 29 minutes of playing time.

And you guys lost out on great draft picks. that extra win set your francise back 3-4 years.

Alright, I tried to up my Vision and Agility as much as I could. Got Jack as ready as he's going to be for this game. It's sad he wont make lvl 8, but what can you do?

How much PT did he get? Only 29 you said?

That is wrong ... there has to be a bug. He's starting at MLB and on STs. Hmmm.... maybe I'll have to mess with our substitution pattern?

Message on GLB, posting this in both threads....

The last day to boost for season 1 is April 20th. After that date and a couple of days of off-season, boosting will be allowed for season 2. IF YOU MISS OUT ON SEASON 1 YOU DO NOT GET THE OPTION TO RETRO-BOOST DURING SEASON 2.

Message on GLB, posting this in both threads....

Just a note to all Meatballs ...

We are facing off against the best running back in the league. If everyone could set their Advanced Tactics to "Wrap up" (no matter what position you play) that would be great.

We aren't forcing that many fumbles -- but we have to be sure to wrap this guy up. I think we have a shot at the upset but it's going to take a great Defensive performance.

Also, Safties make sure you have the "dont get beat deep" and CBs can pick their aggressiveness level on picks.

Good call coach, I like your thinking.

That's what they pay me for.

In blow and hookers of course. :sick:

I'm preparing a scouting report now, but am open to suggestions if anyone has 'em.

The basic book on them so far (from the 11 games since the human owner took control)

Offense: (374 yards per game, 28 points)

They call 39 Running Plays per game and average 173 on the ground.

They call 42 Passing Plays per game and average 201 through the air.

Defensive: (217 yards per game, 6 points)

Opponents call 22 Running Plays per game and average only 61 yards on the ground.

Opponents call 46 Passing Plays per game and average 165 though the air.

Defensively they are weak on the edges as their DEs and OLBs are the lowest rated. Their depth is also suspect. So I'm leaning towards a 70/30 split of outside to inside runs. I think this might catch them off guard as we have shown a tendancy to run inside all year (usually 55-60% of the time).

I want to control the clock and not give up on the running game, but we can air it out too. So I am leaning towards a 52% running scheme and 48% passing. With more short throws this week (35% or so) to take advantage of their weak OLBs.

I'm not sure how we're going to defend them as far as run/pass break down as they are pretty efficient at both. I might favor the run 55% or something.

Thoughts, ideas?

Attention all Meatballs:

Just a reminder to adjust your individual player's ADVANCED TACTICS to the proper settings. All Defensive players should WRAP UP (not force fumbles) this week.

While I think SS and FS should hang back (not go for the pick) this week, I think the CBs should be on their men TIGHT. They throw a lot of short to medium routes, so stick to the men tight, no cushion, and let our safties help out deep. Same with LBs.

Additionally, all WRS and TES should set their BLOCKING preferences to RUN. Since we're going to be running to the outside, we're going to need Smalls, Banks, Jobu and Kirk to make those key blocks to have success!

Thanks!

PLAYOFFS!

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs EAGLES 4/13/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

It took our scouts and coaches a bit longer than usual to compile the game plan. Mainly because our Defensive coordinator was so giddy after learning of our team's playoff birth, he disappeared in Amsterdam for 48 hours. When Interpool contacted the front office about his whereabouts, we learned he was discovered in a pasture, naked and covered in white stickers.

Once he was back in the fold, we got to work.

The Eagles are a well balanced team that has ridden the back of BWest, the leagues number one running back, to the top of the standings. BWest leads the league in yards (1,039.5) and rushing TDs (14). While their ground game is impressive enough, they also have one of the leagues best QBs and WRs in Maerz and Lang respectively.

With their talents, the Eagles are averaging 28 points per game and 374 yards of offense. Despite BWest's prowess, they have shown a mixed assault, allowing Maerz and Lange to terrorize opponents when they stack the box. The Eagles averaging 39 rushing plays to 42 passing plays. On the ground they are averaging 173 yards and through the air 201.

On the other side of the ball, the Eagles have dominated their opponents holding them to just 6 points per game and a woeful 217 yards of total offense on average. Their Defense is strong up the middle and anchored by their MLB Pelzer and CB Kryant. The high scoring Eagles Offense has limited opponents willingness to run -- thus playing into the Eagles' strength. As a result the defense only surrenders an average of 61 yards on the ground (22 rushes against on average) and a paltry 165 yards in the air (46 passes per game on average).

Looking at these numbers, it's clear we have our work cut out for us this week. But there's hope. This Eagles team does have weaknesses. Particularly on the depth chart.

The Eagles Defense has remained fresh because they are only averaging 68 snaps a game compared to their juggernaut offense which is on the field for upwards of 90 plays a game. This allows the Eagles to mask their greatest deficiency, depth! We will have to buck this trend to beat them.

We'll start by attacking the edges on offense. Their OLBs, DEs and CBs are suspect tacklers. Surprisingly, most teams that have run on them, have tried to do so up the gut. We'll try the outside this week, varying our own pattern and playing to the strength of our triple headed backfield and our powerful OTs. We'll have to rely on key down field blocks from our WRs to make this plan work.

On Defense, we have asked ALL our players to set their Advanced Tactics to WRAP UP. This will avoid missed tackles. We are also asking all our DLmen to play the RUN first this week (also can be switched in the advanced tactics). This will reduce our pass rush, but will decrease the likelyhood of BWest having a big day.

In the secondary, the Eagles throw a lot of short and medium routes. As such we are asking all our CBs to step up their coverage and adjust their settings to TIGHT while we are asking our Safties to adjust their settings to LOOSE, to cover the deep part of the field. Call it our version of the Cover 2 this week. We're going to take away those short routes!

So players, adjust your settings!!!!

On to the Game Plan ...

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (55%)

Most teams give up on the run too soon against the Eagles and allow the game to decline into a shoot out. We won't make that mistake. Running the ball successfully will be the key this weekend as we need to control the clock and wear down the Eagles front 7. Their depth is suspect, we must take advantage.

The Eagles are weak on the edges. We're going to change our pattern of running inside (where we usually run 55-60 percent) and try to exploit this. We'll rush to the outside 70% this week, allowing our backs to make some open field moves. We'll be counting on Darin, Scrilla and Racine to open those holes as well as our 5 WRs to make key down field blocks.

Passing Attack: (45%)

Sloth has leveled up since our last game and improved his vision. We're going to rely on that and use him to control the passing game. Kryant is a great CB and they have good Safeties and secondary depth -- but we HAVE to make plays this week in the passing game to win. We cannot just run the ball.

Jobu and Kirk will draw the most favorable matchups with Smalls and Banks drawing Kryant's attention. We'll need one (if not both) to step up as they have all year.

Since the Eagles OLBs are weak, we are going to throw more short swing passes this week, and try to exploit their suspect coverage. We'll throw 27% of our passes short, 48% medium and 25% long.

While 65% of the balls will go to our WRs, 18% will go to the TE and 17% to our HBs. This should keep them off guard.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (5%)

Teams have been bitten by blitzing too much against the Eagles. Overzealous teams have found themselves out of position allowing for BWest to carve them up. We are going to play it safe and beat them straight up. We'll use our blitzes sparingly and focus on making good, clean tackles at the line of scrimmage.

Rushing Defense: (52%)

BWest is their primary weapon, even though the Eagles tend to pass more than they run. It's most important to stop BWest -- it's the key to the game. Holding him under 100 yards and keeping him out of the endzone will assure us victory.

As such, we will defend a touch more heavily against the run -- focusing most of our attention (55%) on the inside game where BWest is at his best.

Passing Defense: (48%)

The Eagles have some great WRs, but have found most of their success hitting the underneath routes. This is why we're asking our CBs to play TIGHT this week and our Safeties to lay back. Collapsing on the short routes should frustrate their passing attack and may cause a few more INTs.

We'll defend 35% vs the short routes, 50% vs the medium and 15% against the deep ball.

LET'S GO MEATBALLS!

MEATBALLS PULL OFF THE UPSET!

Congrats to all and great game plan coach tgreg!

Congrats to the Meatballs! Philly played the role of New England :sick:

I'm looking forward to a good game coming up -- the oddsmakers have us favored since we won a couple of weeks ago on the road, but at this point I'd rather face the PPPs rather than the red-hot Meatballs!

Good luck! :lol:

Good work team! Big upset win, just what I like to see!

Congrats to the Cows as well ... I'm bummed about the Longnecks, I was hoping for a TSW championship game in some way, shape or form.

Don't celebrate too hard tonight!

Don't celebrate too hard tonight!

Woah, the owner getting a little soft now? I thought you were the party team? :sick:

FDC says he has some interesting news about the owner of the Meatballs... We can't wait to hear it.

Woah, the owner getting a little soft now? I thought you were the party team? :sick:

FDC says he has some interesting news about the owner of the Meatballs... We can't wait to hear it.

Ialreafy dunk. that waaaaaasssssss amzing joab coachyooua re so awseosome i cant bilaeave won rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr theae gwaame!!!@$!

Ialreafy dunk. that waaaaaasssssss amzing joab coachyooua re so awseosome i cant bilaeave we won rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr theae gwaame!!!@$!

I'm already arranging for lots of drugs and alcohol to be delivered to your hotel when you arrive. You won't have to bother wasting valuable drinking time by packing your own! :sick: