Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

Ask your coach on how much he has subbing turned up.

Well, looking at the past few games, is it just a result of the other team's offensive strategy?

It seem like the last few games, most of the teams were pretty pass happy.

One would think that my FS would have bigger numbers in those games, but he only had big numbers in 1. Was that because the other pass happy teams mostly went with short passes?

One would think that my ROLB would have bigger games if the teams were throwing short, but apparently not. The last big game he had was against the PPP's, who passed 40+ times, and ran 26 times. He also had a big game the week before that against a team that passed 50+ times and ran <20. So I have no idea.

I'm not sure if the lack of production from my guys is due to:

Gameplans - Ours and the opponents

Stat/skill distribution

Playing time

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looking at the past few games, is it just a result of the other team's offensive strategy?

It seem like the last few games, most of the teams were pretty pass happy.

One would think that my FS would have bigger numbers in those games, but he only had big numbers in 1. Was that because the other pass happy teams mostly went with short passes?

One would think that my ROLB would have bigger games if the teams were throwing short, but apparently not. The last big game he had was against the PPP's, who passed 40+ times, and ran 26 times. He also had a big game the week before that against a team that passed 50+ times and ran <20. So I have no idea.

I'm not sure if the lack of production from my guys is due to:

Gameplans - Ours and the opponents

Stat/skill distribution

Playing time

I'm not sure the answer. Jock's lack of PT this week shocked me as he's the starter. I did mess with our substitution pattern (from 45/80 to 70/90) ... and this seemed to rotate players more than I anticipated.

Krunch and Gailo's stamina are both under 23 (way under) ... which I think is part of the reason. It seems that 23-25 is the stamina number to hit for Defensive players (Jock is close ... ). So their inability to stay on the field might have to do with that.

As for making plays, that I can't tell because all three are starters who have contributed in the past. It might be the game, or a cycle or whatever. I know some of my Defensive players go through weird stretches where they aren't making plays ... so long as their XP points are going up though, it should balance out.

I would get their stamina to the mid 20s ... then let's see what happens.

Three of my clients joined the Meatballs today. They should provide needed depth at a few positions.

Introducing:

- DeHuman IHOP - All he does is serve up pancakes all day. Should be able to back up both guard positions.

- Eagle-Eye Berry - A quick ball hawk free safety. Terrible singer though.

- Dizzy Ironhead - Pure speed half back that won't drop the ball and can hold his own blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield.

This should hopefully keep more CPU players out of the rotation.

I would get their stamina to the mid 20s ... then let's see what happens.

Done...kinda

Pico's and Krunch's stamina is now 23, and Jock's will increase into the mid-20's next level.

Also, what does confidence do? And why is it so varied between players?

Big game coming up. Jack Diesel has been training hard. He's ready to kill some cows.

Those Cows are going down!

I'm working on a game plan as we speak ... er type.

Three of my clients joined the Meatballs today. They should provide needed depth at a few positions.

Introducing:

- DeHuman IHOP - All he does is serve up pancakes all day. Should be able to back up both guard positions.

- Eagle-Eye Berry - A quick ball hawk free safety. Terrible singer though.

- Dizzy Ironhead - Pure speed half back that won't drop the ball and can hold his own blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield.

This should hopefully keep more CPU players out of the rotation.

Excellent. I can't wait to see 'em on the field!

Done...kinda

Pico's and Krunch's stamina is now 23, and Jock's will increase into the mid-20's next level.

Also, what does confidence do? And why is it so varied between players?

Perfect. You will see a big rise in their PT and development with improved stamina. I've also switched up our sub pattern to make it more like it had been.

I'm working on a game plan as we speak ... er type.

I only pay attention to the linbaker position.. so can I make a few suggestions. The CPU LB's are getting more snaps than the Human players. You really might want to adjust the playing times to keep those low quality CPU players off the field.

Also, Jack D and Matrix are about equal on skills. But Jack has that leadership attribute when he's playing MLB. You may want to look at moving him to the middle. Matrix still has plenty of speed and agility on the outside.

/my2cents

That's pretty cool ... didn't know that. Right now Smalls and Banks are the No 1 & 2. I don't think that will change as Kirk and Jobu are great in the slots and in relief.

I agree. I built Jobu as the a third or fourth option to take advantage of mismatches. He's stepped up lately, but don't know if he's well rounded enough to be a primary target.

I only pay attention to the linbaker position.. so can I make a few suggestions. The CPU LB's are getting more snaps than the Human players. You really might want to adjust the playing times to keep those low quality CPU players off the field.

Also, Jack D and Matrix are about equal on skills. But Jack has that leadership attribute when he's playing MLB. You may want to look at moving him to the middle. Matrix still has plenty of speed and agility on the outside.

/my2cents

Good thought. I'll make the switch. See if we can't get Diesel to pressure the Hags ... I mean Cows ... up the middle some.

I agree. I built Jobu as the a third or fourth option to take advantage of mismatches. He's stepped up lately, but don't know if he's well rounded enough to be a primary target.

We really have 5 great WRs who are selfless role players. Smalls and Banks get the starts, but all contribute. Even with the Cows' deep secondary, we'll be able to make plays. They don't have enough 8s to cover all 5 (7 if you include our two great TEs) of our targets.

Good thought. I'll make the switch. See if we can't get Diesel to pressure the Hags ... I mean Cows ... up the middle some.

I haven't contributed to any of MAtrix's special attributes yet (concentrating on the raw skill build) From what I've found the consensus is that compared to other postitions those attributes aren't as important to LB's. However, having said that, let me know if the change becomes permanent and I'll start in on the pass rushing attributes.

I haven't contributed to any of MAtrix's special attributes yet (concentrating on the raw skill build) From what I've found the consensus is that compared to other postitions those attributes aren't as important to LB's. However, having said that, let me know if the change becomes permanent and I'll start in on the pass rushing attributes.

Yeah I wish I didn't use any points on those specials. I did that all when I first created the guy, before I know what I was doing. Can't go back now.

We'll try it out and see what happens. It could be good -- but shouldn't be a bad move that hurts us.

HAI IM IN UR THREAD STEALIN UR STRATEGIEZ.

Not that it would matter, I dont' really know wtf I'm doing in this game, I'm just randomly assigning skill points every few days and then closing the page. :w00t:

First: You have to watch more than the pilot to get hooked. Give it the first disk. If you're legit not into it by then, then no harm. Watch the full pilot and the next 2 episodes.

Second: Do your MadLib answers (Meatballs too!) in the other thread! Clyde has a deadline.

Yeah I wish I didn't use any points on those specials. I did that all when I first created the guy, before I know what I was doing. Can't go back now.

I did the same thing with the other guys I have on the Meatballs with the exception of Jobu. I also boosted all of them to get their levels up as quickly as possible. I've got two guys "seasoning" in the S. American league. A QB and another LB I'm trying to build the right way. Also as of a week ago the S. American league was dominated by CPU owners, so playing time was easy to come by and one year contracts were the norm. Fortunately, they're both to a point where they're still starters on their respective teams and seem to be coming along nicely.

First: You have to watch more than the pilot to get hooked. Give it the first disk. If you're legit not into it by then, then no harm. Watch the full pilot and the next 2 episodes.

Second: Do your MadLib answers (Meatballs too!) in the other thread! Clyde has a deadline.

lol ok, I'll give it a few more eps.

Okay guys. Big game tomorrow. No hookers or blow tonight before bed. Just focus up, read the game plan I prepared and kick some ass.

I won't be on till later in the day tomorrow. But I expect a big upset!!! Wooohoo!