Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on my way to work ... so I won't be on till a few min after the game ends. Just a note, the Twerps were bought at the 11th hour last night. Their roster hasn't changed, but maybe their tacticts did.

Still, we have a gameplan and we're sticking to it. Let's go Meatballs!!!! I'll see you all at the post game presser/party.

Congrats all to a game well played! I am trying to find FDC to bring him out to say a few inspirational things, but last I saw he was chasing Suzy Kolber down the hallway with a bottle of Crystal asking for more than a kiss.

Write up to follow!

Also, take note, everyone should adjust their training intensity to relaxed for the day. Victory Friday! Let the players heal up!

Congrats all to a game well played! I am trying to find FDC to bring him out to say a few inspirational things, but last I saw he was chasing Suzy Kolber down the hallway with a bottle of Crystal asking for more than a kiss.

Write up to follow!

Also, take note, everyone should adjust their training intensity to relaxed for the day. Victory Friday! Let the players heal up!

Coach, we need to incorporate some deeper passes. can we work on that this week?

Our longest pass play was to TE Greg Harris for 13.5 yards (and he almost scored).

BTW, Tyrone is now level two.

Stumpy got caught up at immigration with a "paperwork" issue, but should be ready for next game. Considering our current CPU punter can't average 20yds he should be an upgrade for our game against the PPPers.

Coach, we need to incorporate some deeper passes. can we work on that this week?

Our longest pass play was to TE Greg Harris for 13.5 yards (and he almost scored).

BTW, Tyrone is now level two.

We most certainly do. I'm learning the computer's idea of "short" is very different from mine! lol

ESPN MARCH 28, 2008

MEATBALLS ROLL OVER THE TWERPS 28-3

By Clyde Writington

When Fat Daddy Ca$h cashed in his stable of working girls to buy a professional football team and then suddenly moved them from Eidenhoven to Stokcholm, no one in the sporting world was quite sure what to make of it. Was this a crooked man trying to go straight or just a cosmic joke at the fans' expense? What sort of talents could a former Pimp bring to a front office?

After last week's debacle in Mairselles where Ca$h transported his team via horseback and suffered an embarrassing 31-17 thrashing at the hands of the 76ers, many critics took it as a sign that Ca$h was nothing more than a neophyte with too much money and not enough savvy to turn the basement dwelling Meatballs into contenders. Other league owners just shook their heads at the debacle including Fez of the Brussels Cows who has Cash's nephew on his team's roster. "I just don't get it. Why buy the worst team in the league when you could have bought a contender? And what sort of owner wears bling and drinks O.E?" Fez asked during a recent interview. Longneck's owner VA Bills was less concerned with wardrobe and more concerned with the fiscal responsibility of a former street hustler, "We need conservative owners, with conservative fiscal plans to bolster the league. Not owners who feel free lap dances are a viable option for fan-giveaway night."

Cash didn't wait long to start shaking up the roster after the loss to the 76ers. He started cutting players during the bus ride back to Stockholm. Over 20 veterans were giving walking papers by Cash before the buses even crossed the Swedish boarder. While some players were given the courtesy of a conversation with Cash before being cut, others were simply left at various gas stations and diners along the roadside. For other cuts Cash relied on text messages and atomic wedgies to make his point. But trimming the roster of dead weight was only the beginning.

Intent on creating a competitive roster, Cash also employed his scouts to scour the streets for new blood. The coffers opened early and often after the 76ers loss. The Meatballs came to terms with over 20 new players, almost all of whom became instant starters. Not only was the roster transformed on paper, the atmosphere in the locker room was transformed as well. Gone were the overpriced, aging veterans. In their place stepped men with chips on their shoulders and several tons of red meat in their guts. Both sides of the trenches were beefed up with terrifying human specimens such as Snot Dangler, Jock Strap, Bucky Bundles and Darin from Alaska who reportedly was banned from collegiate football for carrying a small firearm during a game. The skill positions also were injected with new blood -- fast blood -- as Rick Stickum, Chris Money, White Onrice, Pico De Gailo bolstered the team's secondary and the team's felony counts.

Despite the changes to the roster, the questions still hung around the Meatballs' neck. Toting a 1-7 record and a 6 game losing streak (though the team was only 0-1 since Cash purchased and moved the team to Sweden) into Stockholm's home opener, many critics expected another disaster. Antwerp, fresh off a stunning upset victory themselves, looked like a tough match up for the Meatballs considering how little time was given for their players to gel. "We don't have time to worry about that," Snot Dangler, the team's new pivot man said, "I'm more worried about Strap's stank breath. I think he has halitosis or something. You try lining up against that foulness every day."

The Meatballs wasted no time showing they were a changed team. In a scoreless first quarter, the Meatball D stiffened and shut down the Twerps mighty passing game. Parker Smith was held to under 30 yards passing and faced relentless pressure from Stockholm's D-Line. riCan Havoc, Jock Strap and Gut Maximus constantly collapsed the pocket, hurrying Smith's throws while Rick Stickum and Chris Money blanketed the Twerps WRs. Holding the Twerps running game in check was also a positive change as the revamped LB core led by Captain Krunch pounded their opponents with merciless hits.

Stockholm's offense managed several good drives but failed to score. Still, the newly formed OLine dominated the trenches as Snot Dangler had 2 pancake blocks on the first drive helping to aid new HB The Glow as he broke of several big gainers. Tyrone Slothrop was steady under center, finding Glow out of the backfield for a couple nice gains and connecting with his new TE Greg Harris. Other than Smalls' 8 yard gain, Slothrop was unable to hookup with his big play WRs.

The Meatballs' offensive line dominated the second quarter as Chubbs Peterson and Big Poppa Scrilla both opened holes for Derick Reef and Glow. Each back would score in the quarter, giving the Meatballs a surprising 14-0 lead. Slothrop began to click with his WRs in the second frame, hooking up with Smalls and Banks several times. The rookie also threw the first pick of his career.

Thankfully the Defense was there to bail Slothrop out. Krunch and Havoc terrorized the twerps with 3 tackles a piece in the quarter including a couple tackles for losses. The secondary stepped up as Stickum, Money and Krunch defended several deep passes from Smith. The unit only surrendered a late FG as the team took a 14-3 lead into the locker room at half.

The third quarter was scoreless as both teams' defenses were on display. Smith and the Twerps passing game got into a bit of a groove, putting up close to 100 yards in the quarter, but the bend-don't-break style of the Meatballs held them out of the end zone. "Man, it's just the women in my life" Safety Pico De Gailo said of their defensive style, "you give them enough bling to keep them happy, but you don't let them drive the car." No one is sure what that quote means, but Gailo was all smiles nonetheless.

Leading 14-3, the Meatballs took over in the fourth quarter as Slothrop completed 6/7 of his passes including an 8 yard touchdown to WR Keanu Erwin who broke a tackle and dove into the end zone on a thrilling play. The offensive line continued their domination as Jr. Knapp made the play of the game as he broke two tackles in a late game TD scamper. But the Defense was the true hero of the fourth quarter as they held the Twerps to just 18 yards and Smith to 3/14 completions.

Cash did not have much to say after his team's thrilling victory. While skeptics will say it was because he was too drunk to speak, Slothrop had a different take, "True playa's don't talk trash after a win -- they just bend over and tell the critics to kiss their ass".

Inspiring words by an inspiring leader.

If anyone feels up to creating more players, we still need some role players.

We could use some depth at:

OL (all positions)

WR (one more would give us 4 good human WRs)

DL (DE, maybe another DT)

FB (as much as I love Houston Wang, this would be starting)

LB (some backups)

FS/SS

Again, except for FB it would be for depth, but a lot of the second/third stringers get lots of snaps (especially OL and LB it seems).

all-star Linebacker Jack Diesel to the rescue :)

I'm a Meatball now. They put me through the grinder.

Happy to have you!!! Right now I have you as the number 2 at both MLB and OLB which means you'll get between 30 to 45 snaps on D and starting on ST.

Insider Report from the IronSac Player Management Group.

A top secret training regiment has been slow to work, however it is reported that both Ed Smalls and Dick Mickamayer (IronSac Clients) have increased their level of play measurably on their off day. The training regimen has been a a colossal disaster up until this point, as both clients were looking to find a new agent. While other members of the Meatball players gained a higher level of play almost instantaneously, the two IronSac players toiled at Noob level. However, scientists at the Sac Center for Increased Performance, makers of the successful soft drink Dropping Loads, made a major breakthrough yesterday , which some insiders state used the mysterious powers of none other than Genny Cream Ale. Although unsubstantiated, the reports are that after Dick and Smalls left the training compound, a familiar stench of Genny Screamers followed.

Hopefully this translates on the field tomorrow when the Meatballs face off against the 2nd place PPP Longnecks.

Insider Report from the IronSac Player Management Group.

A top secret training regiment has been slow to work, however it is reported that both Ed Smalls and Dick Mickamayer (IronSac Clients) have increased their level of play measurably on their off day. The training regimen has been a a colossal disaster up until this point, as both clients were looking to find a new agent. While other members of the Meatball players gained a higher level of play almost instantaneously, the two IronSac players toiled at Noob level. However, scientists at the Sac Center for Increased Performance, makers of the successful soft drink Dropping Loads, made a major breakthrough yesterday , which some insiders state used the mysterious powers of none other than Genny Cream Ale. Although unsubstantiated, the reports are that after Dick and Smalls left the training compound, a familiar stench of Genny Screamers followed.

Hopefully this translates on the field tomorrow when the Meatballs face off against the 2nd place PPP Longnecks.

Genny Screamers for all!!!!

The Longnecks don't even have us on their radar. We're going to give them a wake up call tomorrow!

I would like to do a full scouting report as normal -- but might just do it in our team's private forum to prevent any sort of spy-gate cheating :)

Or I might just wait till the game starts simulating to post it. But fear not, the coaches have been burning the midnight oil and we are confident in our gameplan and ability to roll over the PPPers!

Though, since the game is in their stadium, I am advising all our players NOT to drink from their water bottles as VA Bills likes to spike it with ICEd Lemonade. Or so I hear. :P

I would like to do a full scouting report as normal -- but might just do it in our team's private forum to prevent any sort of spy-gate cheating :)

Or I might just wait till the game starts simulating to post it. But fear not, the coaches have been burning the midnight oil and we are confident in our gameplan and ability to roll over the PPPers!

Though, since the game is in their stadium, I am advising all our players NOT to drink from their water bottles as VA Bills likes to spike it with ICEd Lemonade. Or so I hear. :P

Yep, put it on our private forums...