Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

I just noticed we were in second, so I had to see what other 4-0 team could possibly have scored more points than us to be in first instead.

Well, the Razorbacks just hung 68 points on the Dinosaurs who didn't manage a single point against them.

68-0, ouch.

They also beat our upcoming opponent, the Eurpoean Zoneboys, 38-0 in the first week of the season.

In fact, the only team to score on them this season are the PPP's who put up 10 on them.

They might be the team to beat this season fellas.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed we were in second, so I had to see what other 4-0 team could possibly have scored more points than us to be in first instead.

Well, the Razorbacks just hung 68 points on the Dinosaurs who didn't manage a single point against them.

68-0, ouch.

They also beat our upcoming opponent, the Eurpoean Zoneboys, 38-0 in the first week of the season.

In fact, the only team to score on them this season are the PPP's who put up 10 on them.

They might be the team to beat this season fellas.

They are good ... but beatable.

We have a brutal stretch coming up where we play the Longnecks followed by the Renegades, and then the Razorbakcs followed by the Cows.

Should be interesting ...

We should be able to roll over our next game. So I'd ask that anyone who dropped below 70 energy to go to NORMAL settings rather than HARD for our game. I'm also finding ways to tinker with the sub system so we get more snaps for some of the guys.

MEATBALLS vs ZONE BOYS (5/4/08)

Sorry for the quick game plan ... had a hellish weekend so I can't do as thorough a write up as normal.

We're going to stick to pretty much the same game plan we employed against the Eagles.

My scouting shows that teams have beaten the Zone boys by pounding the ball, so we'll run 60% of the time. However, this week we're going to pound the rock inside (60% inside, 40% outside) due to their weak interior D.

The Zone Boys' offense has stepped it up the last two games and can't be considered a total cupcake team now. They were pass happy in the first two games (blow out losses to the Cows and the Razorbacks ... two of the top teams). But they flipped and went heavy run the past two weeks and put up more points and went 1-1.

I expect the running to continue, so our Defense is going to play 58% run and 42% pass. I'd ask that Defensive Line turn their settings to RUN first and WRAP up.

I think we should run over them this week ... but it might be closer than I think. I hope our Defense which has only surrendered one TD all year, pitches another great game.

Also I've adjusted the settings for the energy levels this week to account for some of the stamina loss we had in our last game. I'll post the numbers in a moment but I'd ask once again that our players watch how many snaps their guys get and how badly their energy takes a hit so we can continue tweaking this system.

We should win this week, so if your player is UNDER 100 percent energy to start this game, set his intensity to NORMAL for the game (or Relaxed if he's 95 or under). That way we can get you up to 100 for our next game.

GO MEATBALLS!

MEATBALLS vs ZONE BOYS (5/04/08)

New Advanced Energy Tactics:

A lot of things went wrong last week with our platoon system. The positions I intended to have a heavy rotation (HB, WR, CB, LB, DT) didn't rotate. And our O-Line, in particular Snot and out OTs wound up playing over 80 snaps.

I did some research on the Forums and adjusted the levels to try to keep our energy up and actually rotate HBs as we planned. We have 3 great HBs, so I want them all to play. Our opponent this week is not particularly dangerous, so I'm trying a more off kilter approach.

Please give me a report after the game how your guys did (how many snaps, starting energy level before the game and after the game). We will fine tune this!

Note: The ratios are the MINIMUM ALLOWABLE ENERGY LEVEL / RETURN ENERGY LEVEL.

Positional Breakdown:

QB: 45 / 70

HB: 95 / 99

FB: 45 / 80

WR: 90 / 98

TE: 55 / 80

C: 75 / 85

LT: 75 / 85

RT: 75 / 85

LG: 75 / 90

RG: 75 / 90

NT: 90 / 98

DT: 90 / 98

LDE: 80 / 95

RDE: 70 / 85

MLB: 80 / 89

OLB: 80 /90

OLB: 80 / 90

CB: 90 /97

SS: 80 / 90

FS: 80 / 90

K: 1 / 2

P: 1 / 2

Kick Returner: 50 / 85

Punt Returner: 50 / 85

KOS: 30 / 65

KRS: 30 / 65

QUARTER SETTINGS:

(These are the situational settings ... )

First Quarter:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: Never

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: Never

Favor Backups (over rides the above settings) when up by 14 points.

Second Quarter:

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: Never

Favor Backups when up by 14 points.

Third Quarter:

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: Redzone

Favor Backups when up by 14

Fourth Quarter:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 5 Min remain.

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 5 Min remain.

Favor Backups when up by 14.

OT:

Offense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 8 Min remain.

Defense -- FORCE STARTERS ON: 3rd down, 4th down, redzone, Less than 8 Min remain.

***NOTE: You'll notice I changed the FORCE STARTERS options in the first, second and third quarters. I did this to try to keep our starters fresh for the fourth quarter if needed. Also, because the starters tend to play a ton in the 1st and 2nd quarters. By not forcing them, I hope our rotational system will stay in tact and we'll be fresher down the stretch.

We'll see if it works.

Good game guys! We rolled 'em!

Only bad part is we won't get to see how our substitution system worked since it "forced backups" since we were up so much (hence why Sloth only had 19 snaps ...).

Big game coming up! Make sure everyone rests up for the Longnecks!!!!

Hey coach, what do you think about turning all our defensive players settings to cause as many TO's as possible this next week.

I'd hate to get beaten by the Dino's, but I'd also love to see a ton of picks, FF's, and sacks.

another shutout. our defense is sick!

Hey coach, what do you think about turning all our defensive players settings to cause as many TO's as possible this next week.

I'd hate to get beaten by the Dino's, but I'd also love to see a ton of picks, FF's, and sacks.

Hey guys, I'm sorry I was MIA yesterday and didn't get a game plan out there ... I got stuck at work and am only now looking at the stuff. Though I did set our gameplan before and it seems to have worked!!!

Our Defense is nasty and I am all for setting our Defense to getting as many TOs as possible, Joe. So go for it! The Dinos will be a fun team to play :blink:

Meatballs!

Question ... do we want to open it up this week against the Dinos? What about trying a 55 pass to 45 run ratio?

If we run, run, run we will certainly win. But should we try flipping our balance to see what it does offensively?

Meatballs!

Question ... do we want to open it up this week against the Dinos? What about trying a 55 pass to 45 run ratio?

If we run, run, run we will certainly win. But should we try flipping our balance to see what it does offensively?

In my unbiased opinion we should try 70% pass and 30% run. It is the Dan Marino game-plan.