Gibran Hamdan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so what I am getting is that no one knows why they root for him, it is just something fun to do. Ok well I will root for someone who knows what the inside of the white lines looks like. While some like the "athletes" outside the lines.

Wow, so what I am getting is that you just don't get it.

Live a little ferchrissakes & stop taking yourself so gottdamn seriously. What does PNW stand for anyway? I'm thinkin Puny Noodle Weenie.

He rides the practice squad, he isn't even good enough to make the roster. :beer::D:beer::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Why do you assume the 3rd string QB will never see the field? Do you watch the NFL? If you did, you would now many 3rd stringer see action, every season.

Don't be a hater.

It's all about the scapegoat.

Or it is about the fact that he couldn't cut it in Seattle, and San Fransisco on their practice squad. Maybe I just wanted to have fun with all the Gilbran fans. Maybe someone else needs to chill. I can care less who you cheer for, I just find it funny that people are rooting for Gibran. For those who live on the left coast they would know PNW stand for pacific northwest. Thanks for the personal attack. I think it proves my point that you are taking it way to seriously.

Or it is about the fact that he couldn't cut it in Seattle, and San Fransisco on their practice squad. Maybe I just wanted to have fun with all the Gilbran fans. Maybe someone else needs to chill. I can care less who you cheer for, I just find it funny that people are rooting for Gibran. For those who live on the left coast they would know PNW stand for pacific northwest. Thanks for the personal attack. I think it proves my point that you are taking it way to seriously.

Oh and when was the last time the Bills 3rd string QB played?

Oh and when was the last time the Bills 3rd string QB played?

Shane Matthews played in 2004, Travis Brown saw action in 2003 and 2001, Van Pelt played in 2000. So, the Bills have used their 3rd string QB in 4 of the 8 seasons in this century.

Last year, these teams had stats for at least 3 QBs:

Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, Green Bay, Kansas City, Miami, Minnesota, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis and Tampa Bay.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

But, 3rd string QBs NEVER see the field. I guess you're right.

Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, Green Bay, Kansas City, Miami, Minnesota, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis and Tampa Bay.

PNW, you just got....

...PWN3D!!!

HAMDAN CHROISE STYLE BABEEEE!!!!

I heard Hamdan Rocked so much, that Joan Jett originally named her mega hit.. I love Gibran Hamdan! Her record producer talked her into changing the song title, a decision she regrets to this day.

For those who live on the left coast they would know PNW stand for pacific northwest. Thanks for the personal attack. I think it proves my point that you are taking it way to seriously.

:beer: Sorry man, I didn't realize I was hitting so close to your home.

You are correct, I am world renowned all over the world for my serious nature. Except when it comes to farting, farting always gets a pass.

I went looking for that information before I asked. I did not find it.

Could you find it?

Just admit you were unable to find it. Don't twist it around to make me look bad. You couldnt find it, you made the accuasiton and you couldnt back it up not me.

O And Shaun Hill, that guy competeting with Alex Smith in SF was a third Stringer. Craig Nall in GB played a little this year, Brady Quinn started number 3 and played some, Kyle Orton in Chitown, brock Berlin in St Louis, Tyler Thigpin in KC, JaMarcus Russel in Oak, Holcomb and Brooks Bolinger in MINN, Matt Moore in Carolina plus Vinny T who was out of football beofre the season Charlie Frye Started for Clev thats where the seattle number is coming from, Cleo Lemon and John Beck in miami, Chris Redman in Atlanta, Troy Smith in Baltimore, Kevin Kolb in Philly, Bruce Gradkowski and Tim Rattay in TB, Anthony wright in NYG, Gueteriiz in NE

Just in case you wanted some names

Just admit you were unable to find it. Don't twist it around to make me look bad. You couldnt find it, you made the accuasiton and you couldnt back it up not me.

O And Shaun Hill, that guy competeting with Alex Smith in SF was a third Stringer. Craig Nall in GB played a little this year, Brady Quinn started number 3 and played some, Kyle Orton in Chitown, brock Berlin in St Louis, Tyler Thigpin in KC, JaMarcus Russel in Oak, Holcomb and Brooks Bolinger in MINN, Matt Moore in Carolina plus Vinny T who was out of football beofre the season Charlie Frye Started for Clev thats where the seattle number is coming from, Cleo Lemon and John Beck in miami, Chris Redman in Atlanta, Troy Smith in Baltimore, Kevin Kolb in Philly, Bruce Gradkowski and Tim Rattay in TB, Anthony wright in NYG, Gueteriiz in NE

Just in case you wanted some names

Sir Gibran asks that you please revise your spelling, it reflects poorly on the Chroise. So it has been commanded, so it shall be done. :thumbsup:

Or it is about the fact that he couldn't cut it in Seattle, and San Fransisco on their practice squad. Maybe I just wanted to have fun with all the Gilbran fans. Maybe someone else needs to chill. I can care less who you cheer for, I just find it funny that people are rooting for Gibran.

If you are going to smack then at least do it based on facts instead of talking gibberish.

Seattle picked up Hamdan from the Redskins where he was cut due to politics (basicly Hamdan was the project QB from former management/coaching staff). Hamdan landed with the Seahawks with Hasselbeck in firm first QB place, Seneca Wallace in firm second. He was brought in to challenge their draft pick David Greene. Hamdan challenged him so well that they decided to hang on to him and send him off to NFL Europe and keep him on the practise squad. In Europe Hamdan broke his collarbone in a QB slide to be send back to NFL Europe in 2006 where he broke record after record and even posted a perfect game untill in the first play of the 7th game he was nuked on the ankles after the play was by a Hamburg DT, he did finish that game giving the Admirals a World Bowl berth on what turned out to be a broken ankle and a severly bruised ankle. After his recovery in 2006 Hamdan out perferormed David Greene big time and instead of David Greene challenging Wallace, it was Hamdan. Wallace got the nod over Hamdan, Seahawks office didn't want to cut a 3rd round pick in his second year plus their office is known to be allergic to injured players (allthough broken bones can hardly be called injury prone unless you have a specific decease which Hamdan hasnt) so Hamdan was let go 5 days before the final cuts.

Hamdan got multiple offers but picked the 49-ers for two reasons; 1. their QB's looked like there was room for him to claim starting or 2nd QB after a year (strong rumors of it being Trent Dilfer's final season, Alex Smith being the number 1 round draft pick that was consisently under performing and fellow old Amsterdam Admirals QB Shaun Hill) and secondly he could join them straight away. The best possible outcome for him was to be signed onto the practice squad and then be able to compete for the roster the next season. This he achieved.

Then Hasselbeck got injured, Wallace would be a fine replacement during Hasselbecks recovery but if he would get hurt as well Greene would be nowhere near able to start/lead the Seahawks, so Holgrem didnt hesitate and resigned Hamdan to the Seahawks in order to have someone capable of playing in case Wallace got hurt. Wallace stayed healthy and Hamdan stayed on the practise squad with the Seahawks for the remainder of the Season.

Then Hamdan signed with the Dolphins where he would have the best papers of landing 2nd string or even starter at that moment (Cullpepper still hurt and Cleo Lemon the only healthy QB on the roster) where he would also get reunited with his former college coach. Dolphins then drafted John Beck and later under huge fan pressure signed Trent Green, so suddenly the Dolphins went from a QB needy team to a QB overcrowded team. At this point no-name Hamdan was basicly done for even though he was outperforming Cleo Lemon and John Beck in the limited amount of drills he got. Rumors were pointing at that point that the coaching staff wanted to trade away Cleo Lemon and keep Hamdan as second QB. These rumors went and then Hamdan finally got some action in the last pre-season game, playing with the to be cut team/ third/fourth stringers and performed poorly, couple of days later he could pack up his bags. I don't know why he performed poorly, but do know that he was extremly pissed off about himself (my personal guess is that he tried to overpush it in a desperate attempt to beat the politics; but that wouldnt be characteristic since I know him as a very smart QB, then again maybe that's why he was so pissed off with himself).

He then shopped around again, didn't want the PS job at Miami, had the option to return to the Seahawks as 3rd QB, tried out at the Vikings and finally opted for the Bills who had an underperfoming 1st round QB, a 3rd round rookie and a 3rd QB who had been cut by the coaching staff before. In 3 weeks time Nall could pack his bags and Hamdan landed 3rd QB spot.

I'm looking forward to see if Hamdan can show his spectacular stuff during practise with full reps and as well during the pre-season. Then you judge him for what he has shown, i'm putting my money on him being a big surprise; you obviously don't but we'll see after the pre-season is done with.