Just returned from oncologist

Campy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's a good sign when your oncologist walks into the room with test results in his hand and tells you "It's just short of miraculous." ;)

As of today, and after several tests, there is "no clinical evidence" that I have cancer. While my prognosis was nowhere close to "dead tomorrow," I had been told to expect to live the rest of my life with cancer, and the rest of my life was only as long as the cancer avoided making a bee-line through my sinuses to my brain.

So while my oncologist cannot declare me "cancer-free" just yet (that'll take a few years of "no clinical evidence"), it's safe to say I'm pretty stoked and I wanted to share the news with you guys - especially the old school TBD tailgaters like GG, Rockpile, AiO, #89, cable, RRich, Mark VI, sammavaca, Jay, RichNJoisey, SDS, Glenn, and stuckincincy (not technically an old school TBD tailgater, but he did invent tailgating when he cracked open a flask of wine while sitting on the back of his chariot outside of the Circus Maximus.) :lol:

I know by listing names that I've left people out. That stems more from tailgate-induced memory lapses than a lack of appreciation for your good vibes, happy thoughts, or prayers. If I left your name out, please forgive my oversight.

If you're planning on having an age-appropriate beverage this weekend, raise your drink to me knowing that I'll be doing the same for you - we'll celebrate together!

Slainte'! :cry:

I know you hate the very thought of me...but I'm very happy to read this news, nonetheless.

Congratulations to you and your family!

He also told me that "the guy who owns the Bills" directly funded the research. Ironic, no?

This is why I'd like to kick the ignoramuses who parrot "Ralph is cheap" square in the nads.

Let's see Kraft, Jones or Snyder pony up some $$$ for medical research.

That is wonderful news! I tip my glass of Cabernet Savignon to you for beating the odds.

May peace and health fill your life..

Rock :thumbsup:

You know it's a good sign when your oncologist walks into the room with test results in his hand and tells you "It's just short of miraculous." :thumbsup:

As of today, and after several tests, there is "no clinical evidence" that I have cancer. While my prognosis was nowhere close to "dead tomorrow," I had been told to expect to live the rest of my life with cancer, and the rest of my life was only as long as the cancer avoided making a bee-line through my sinuses to my brain.

So while my oncologist cannot declare me "cancer-free" just yet (that'll take a few years of "no clinical evidence"), it's safe to say I'm pretty stoked and I wanted to share the news with you guys - especially the old school TBD tailgaters like GG, Rockpile, AiO, #89, cable, RRich, Mark VI, sammavaca, Jay, RichNJoisey, SDS, Glenn, and stuckincincy (not technically an old school TBD tailgater, but he did invent tailgating when he cracked open a flask of wine while sitting on the back of his chariot outside of the Circus Maximus.) ;)

I know by listing names that I've left people out. That stems more from tailgate-induced memory lapses than a lack of appreciation for your good vibes, happy thoughts, or prayers. If I left your name out, please forgive my oversight.

If you're planning on having an age-appropriate beverage this weekend, raise your drink to me knowing that I'll be doing the same for you - we'll celebrate together!

Slainte'! :lol:

He also told me that "the guy who owns the Bills" directly funded the research. Ironic, no?

Is there any research Ralph *doesn't* fund??? :thumbsup:

AWESOME news, Campy! Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing!

CW

I know you hate the very thought of me...but I'm very happy to read this news, nonetheless.

Let me make clear my feelings. I don't hate you, but I do despise some of the things you do to other posters.

That said, sincere thanks for the kind words, seriously. :devil:

To everyone else, thank you, too. And Lori, maybe you should start dusting more. ;)

btw, Chris if you remember our friend Debbie from DC - continues to battle the C. We just saw her this weekend and she keeps getting more encouraging news. She's moving back east with the family and hopefully will get news like yours soon.

You know it's a good sign when your oncologist walks into the room with test results in his hand and tells you "It's just short of miraculous." ;)

So while my oncologist cannot declare me "cancer-free" just yet (that'll take a few years of "no clinical evidence"), it's safe to say I'm pretty stoked and I wanted to share the news with you guys - especially the old school TBD tailgaters like GG, Rockpile, AiO, #89, cable, RRich, Mark VI, sammavaca, Jay, RichNJoisey, SDS, Glenn, and stuckincincy (not technically an old school TBD tailgater, but he did invent tailgating when he cracked open a flask of wine while sitting on the back of his chariot outside of the Circus Maximus.) :P

Slainte'! :blink:

Great News Dude!! :devil: Cancer! As a member of the cancer survivors club it's always great to welcome a new member! I'll always have my cancer but it's in remission. I hope yours in Hokdkins Lymphoma and is entirely gone!

The only thing that sucks now is that all of that sympathy that was so great to milk is gone now. Soon you'll be back to the same old ;) head everybody treated you like before. Oh well, guess it beats the alternative! ;)

BTW, if you ever break your spine at a Bills Game Ralphie's got ya covered there too! Can everyone agree he's not the anti-christ?!

btw, Chris if you remember our friend Debbie from DC - continues to battle the C. We just saw her this weekend and she keeps getting more encouraging news. She's moving back east with the family and hopefully will get news like yours soon.

Wow, I had no idea. Next time you speak with her please let her know she's in my thoughts.

Also, thanks for the kind words and remember me to Lisa and the little one.