kinda surprised there are no comments here on the presser

Marv and Modrak said many interesting things (did anyone pick up on the Kyle Williams/Ko Simpson 4th round debate?) yet all I see here are links to national sites. I'm not complaining; really, all I'm saying is that the press conference offers a lot of grist for the mill. Looks like no Michael Turner, btw -- Levy doesn't seem to be the sort of guy who engages in easily transparent subterfuge in his press conferences. Maybe we'll be seeing Antonio Pittman before too long ...

The interesting thing is that Pittman was the only non-1st round Rb that really got a strong review from the Bills. Modrak basically seemed to indicate that the group consisted of good situational players better suited to a #2 role. That raises an interesting question: Do the Bills think Pittman will be there at 43, or do they view him as a player who has separated himself from that pack and now may be a borderline R1 type guy?

One item that caught my attention in one of the articles was a reference to the McGahee trade. They said we're getting a 3rd and 7th this year, and a 7th next year. That's a typo, right? I thought we got 2 3rds, plus a 7th?

From Leo Roth of the D&C:

"The Bills are in the market for a starting running back after trading Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens for an extra third- and seventh-round pick in this year’s draft and another seventh-rounder next year."

Front page of BuffaloBills.com

Beerball - Marv wanted to take Williams in the fourth but was convinced that Simpson was great value and took him instead.

Sounded to me that Marv was outvoted and accepted it, which is actually pretty cool of him. He said the vote was 2-1, and we know they took Simpson, and we know he wanted Williams. If there was another guy who wanted Williams instead of Simpson, it would have been 2-1 for Williams.

Sounded to me that Marv was outvoted and accepted it, which is actually pretty cool of him. He said the vote was 2-1, and we know they took Simpson, and we know he wanted Williams. If there was another guy who wanted Williams instead of Simpson, it would have been 2-1 for Williams.

I agree - it made me think well of Marv. He also implied that he was in fact wrong, because they ended up getting Williams anyway.

The interesting thing is that Pittman was the only non-1st round Rb that really got a strong review from the Bills. Modrak basically seemed to indicate that the group consisted of good situational players better suited to a #2 role. That raises an interesting question: Do the Bills think Pittman will be there at 43, or do they view him as a player who has separated himself from that pack and now may be a borderline R1 type guy?

which means Brandon Jackson is probably the target -

He runs better between the tackles than Pittman and has all of the skills except blazing speed

I thought that was an interesting example of how things are run there now. Levy accepts the input from his coaches and scouts and that seems to be a great quality. And we got both players and they both played well as rookies.

I agree - it made me think well of Marv. He also implied that he was in fact wrong, because they ended up getting Williams anyway.

Kyle easily played above a fourth round level his first year. Marv was only wrong about guessing the future (picks by the other teams, Vincent getting hurt) not his assessment of Williams' talent. If Marv was voting for Kyle in the 4th, I definitely think it reflects well on him. And that he wanted Kyle over Ko dispells a bit of the "Marv is obsessed with drafting DBs" conspiracy theory.

Where is this mentioned? Is it in the Marv video? I read the articles, but didn't see this mentioned. Thanks.