PFW reports that three smoked pot.

How does this fit under the character umbrella? To me it's not a big deal. It's amazing how this slurs pop up last minute, now Marshawn Lynch is getting positive press. Somewheres in between lies the truth, doesn't it?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...extra041807.htm

It's almost as if they've been sitting on the story until days before the draft in order to maximize exposure.

Tipster? What happend to TIPSTER19?

I dunno. I noticed that I was about the only one using caps so I thought I'd make it optic friendly. I didn't know any better when I first joined the 'wall, I was new to the internet and blogging. I think that I kind of like the caps though. Should I keep it this way or go back to old TIPSTER19?

It is a big deal if true because that puts them at Stage II in the drug testing policy. That means they will be drug tested more frequently (randomly) and if they test positive they will get a four game suspension.

You're saying a true report of someone smoking pot in college puts them in Stage II in the NFL's drug testing policy?

I thought they had to get caught while in the NFL. It would seem putting someone in Stage II for behavior prior to getting drafting would be wrongfully discriminating against people who have made past mistakes. It leads to questions of where to draw the line... how far back to we go? Is a HS pot bust the same as a freshman year in college incident? For that matter how do we say a Freshman year incident isn't as bad as a Senior year failed test?

Didn't Sapp drop because of the same reports right before the draft?

Sapp dropped because he actually failed a drug test while playing for the U.

The results of teh drug test somehow were hidden by the U coach (Erickson I believe).

It was big deal because the info was released right before the draft.

Sapp dropped because he actually failed a drug test while playing for the U.

The results of teh drug test somehow were hidden by the U coach (Erickson I believe).

It was big deal because the info was released right before the draft.

Sapp failed drug tests on numerous occassions. Not to brag but I actually got to hang out with Sapp while he was in Tampa through mutual friends and I have to tell you that this guy burnt the house down. He just sat there with some really good shiit and bong and proceeded to get ripped. I took 3 bingers and was done this guy was like a machine. Nice guy though.

Sapp failed drug tests on numerous occassions. Not to brag but I actually got to hang out with Sapp while he was in Tampa through mutual friends and I have to tell you that this guy burnt the house down. He just sat there with some really good shiit and bong and proceeded to get ripped. I took 3 bingers and was done this guy was like a machine. Nice guy though.

Yet, he played...right? Gotta love The U.

One of my best friends from Buffalo went to U of Wisconsin...I smoked the grass with Ron Dayne on three occasions in my visits there, including once during his Heisman season....

All I can say is that I would not want the five years I spent in college from ages 18-23 reported in the public spectrum. Crazy, crazy, crazy schit....

BFD, three guys apparently answered an interview question honestly. I would not be even a little concerned about this. I would however wonder a tiny bit about all the guys that said nope, never done it.

I want a guy on my team who smoked pot, but was smart enough to not be caught.

I thought they had to get caught while in the NFL. It would seem putting someone in Stage II for behavior prior to getting drafting would be wrongfully discriminating against people who have made past mistakes. It leads to questions of where to draw the line... how far back to we go? Is a HS pot bust the same as a freshman year in college incident? For that matter how do we say a Freshman year incident isn't as bad as a Senior year failed test?

I misunderstood the article. If he had tested positive at the combine, then he goes to stage two. If he just says he smoked pot, it won't put him in Stage II.

One of my best friends from Buffalo went to U of Wisconsin...I smoked the grass with Ron Dayne on three occasions in my visits there, including once during his Heisman season....

Heh, my friends and I smoked with Cedric Benson & Will Matthews when they were at UT.

Oh my lord not Marijuana! Next thing you know we are going to find out that they were binge drinking during college too.

What do you think the overall percentage of all the kids coming out is that smoked pot? My guess is 60%