32 killed in Va. Tech shootings

stuckincincy

:lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266310,00.html

Police: 22 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

Monday, April 16, 2007

BLACKSBURG, Va. — At least 22 are dead after a shooting at Virginia Tech University Monday morning, the campus police chief said.

Police said there was only one shooter and he is now dead. They are unsure if the shooter was a student.

"Today the university was struck by a tragedy we consider of monumental proportions," Virginia Tech President Charles Steger said during a press conference shortly after noon. "I cannot begin to convey my own personal sense of loss over this senseless, incomprehensible, heinous act."

A spokeswoman at Montgomery Regional Hospital said 17 students were being treated there for gunshot wounds, and Carilion New River Valley Medical Center in Christiansburg reports that four people with gunshot wounds were being treated there. Carilion spokeswoman Sharon Honaker said one was in critical condition and three others were stable.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling sad and angry at the same time right about now..

Thoughts and prayers to all of the victims families...this story is making me sick

Have been to that campus a lot for games as my wife is an alumnus. Wow, just unbelieveable

Just got off the phone with one of my buddies who lives down there and he said that police were pulling files in the admistrative offices of 4 or 5 muslim students that attended VA Tech. Could be BS, but he is updating me periodically.

I hearing, multiple shooters.

I hearing, multiple shooters.

Yeah, and I heard on 9/11 that a car bomb went off in front of the State Department and a helicopter crashed into the Potomac. All wrong.

Initial reports are always confused, and usually wrong. We won't know what actually happened until late this afternoon or early tomorrow.

MSNBC--"Police report its one shooter, a young American Male. 2 9mm handguns. Appears to have shot himself after the rampage. Shot in the dorm first and then 2 hours later in a classroom."

Damn...prayers to the victims and their families...

Geez.. I had a girlfriend who is a police officer, and she told me that after Columbine they were trained not to wait for backup but to go right in to this kind of situation. How long a period of time did these shootings take? 42 people shot? Wow...kind of leaves you breathless.

first questions at the white house briefings are about gun control....wtf..

40+ killed and wounded with a pair of 9mm handguns. I'd say the shooter's gun control was pretty damn good. :lol:

It would not be entirely unsurprising, either, if someone in the White House press corps had a kid at VA Tech, either. Dumbasses.

Geez.. I had a girlfriend who is a police officer, and she told me that after Columbine they were trained not to wait for backup but to go right in to this kind of situation. How long a period of time did these shootings take? 42 people shot? Wow...kind of leaves you breathless.

Two different incidents, it seems. Shooter shot a couple of people in a dorm, while the police were investigating that he started shooting up a classroom in another building.

I also doubt ALL the facts will be out by this afternoon or tomorrow.

It took them years to publish a psychological profile of the Columbine killers. This story is going to be all over the place before the facts finally come out.

Yeah, and I heard on 9/11 that a car bomb went off in front of the State Department and a helicopter crashed into the Potomac. All wrong.

Initial reports are always confused, and usually wrong. We won't know what actually happened until late this afternoon or early tomorrow.

Reminds me of the Dawson shootings where they initially said there was 3 shooters and 10 dead.

Condolences to those who have to go through this.

That would be the headline on Fox...but Fox has never strived for any standard of accuracy or truthfulness from the headlines on their site. I've seen them post fictitious headlines before.

I hate to say this but you know some sick people at these news stations want the numbers to be high...

Higher number = Ratings.

Don't believe me? My friend said when he worked at a major news network..when Pricess Di was killed...people in the newsroom were celebrating and giving high fives.

I hate to say this but you know some sick people at these news stations want the numbers to be high...

Higher number = Ratings.

Don't believe me? My friend said when he worked at a major news network..when Pricess Di was killed...people in the newsroom were celebrating and giving high fives.

I don't think they want the numbers to be high as much as they want to be the first with new information.

That would be the headline on Fox...but Fox has never strived for any standard of accuracy or truthfulness from the headlines on their site. I've seen them post fictitious headlines before.

Fox News would be wonderful if only they weren't so incompetent and terrible. :lol:

I don't think they want the numbers to be high as much as they want to be the first with new information.

That too.

Im not saying most of them at media stations are like this...but some of them are sick in the head