32 killed in Va. Tech shootings

stuckincincy

I don't think they want the numbers to be high as much as they want to be the first with new information.

That would be FoxSnooze's methodology. During the invasion of Iraq, Fox was the fastest and least accurate with information, BBC the slowest and most accurate, and CNN in between. Fox, of course, got to trumpet that they scooped the competition most of the time...conveniently forgetting to mention that half the time they were wrong.

Not that I'm saying 32 people definitely weren't killed...I just wouldn't take Fox's word for it, particularly one of their headlines, which they seem to generate via the "throw sh-- against the wall and see what sticks" method.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its being reported he chained the doors to the dorm so noone could escape. What an evil piece of sh--!

That would be odd, considering he shot only two people in one room of the dorm, then left.

This is the part of the reporting that I love: the "report every single little rumor that we can" feeding frenzy.

That would be FoxSnooze's methodology. During the invasion of Iraq, Fox was the fastest and least accurate with information, BBC the slowest and most accurate, and CNN in between. Fox, of course, got to trumpet that they scooped the competition most of the time...conveniently forgetting to mention that half the time they were wrong.

Not that I'm saying 32 people definitely weren't killed...I just wouldn't take Fox's word for it, particularly one of their headlines, which they seem to generate via the "throw sh-- against the wall and see what sticks" method.

As of LCN, Quebec news, 22 dead and 21 injured. Don't know how accurate that is.

That would be odd, considering he shot only two people in one room of the dorm, then left.

This is the part of the reporting that I love: the "report every single little rumor that we can" feeding frenzy.

That was two different dorms and those shootings occured 2 hours apart. Norris Hall was the dorm with the doors supposedly barricaded. Death toll up to 31 MSNBC is reporting

This is just insane. Having lived in and attended school in B-Burg, I am just appalled.

It's horrible. And the worst part is, you can't really keep this from happening without adding restrictions to the every day lives of students. School used to be a place where parents can send their children and hope they can get a good education, but this sh-- seems to be happening way too often.

That was two different dorms and those shootings occured 2 hours apart. Norris Hall was the dorm with the doors supposedly barricaded. Death toll up to 31 MSNBC is reporting

Thought they were reporting that was a classroom building, not a "dorm" per se.

But like I said: we won't know what happened until later.

I think your right, Norris Hall is a classroom building I think. My bad

We are looking at the feed. A guy at work who's son went to tech confirmed the building they are pulling bodies out of is the classroom building, not a dorm.

God Bless, just saw my neighbor and his daughter at Tech is fine!!! Forgot all the people here I know who have kids there, I will pray for them all

Same here..thoughts and prayers are with the parents as well..could not imagine the thought of my kids at the university who first heard this story

Amongst the multitudes of lousy and horrific things concerning this massacre, I am truly hating the news reports on all networks that cannot help themselves from saying over and over that this is the worst shooting at a school in history. And now it has been reported that since there are (allegedly) 31 dead, it is the worst single shooting incident in US history. I can just imagine there are 1000 psychos around this country in a dark room thinking how cool it would be to beat that record.

Amongst the multitudes of lousy and horrific things concerning this massacre, I am truly hating the news reports on all networks that cannot help themselves from saying over and over that this is the worst shooting at a school in history. And now it has been reported that since there are (allegedly) 31 dead, it is the worst single shooting incident in US history. I can just imagine there are 1000 psychos around this country in a dark room thinking how cool it would be to beat that record.

I wouldn't be surprised either. When Kimveer Gil was established at the shooter at my schools shooting, there was 1000's of replies from others saying he was a "hero". it's !@#$ing sick.

As disturbing of a thought to think that there are thousands out there as sick as this guy in the Va Tech incident, you are right

Plus, they're wrong. There was a guy in the '30s, as I recall, who racked up a body count approaching or exceeding 100.