If Peterson is still Avail at 10....

10 RB Adrian Peterson Oklahoma Jr. 6-2 220

Yes, Michigan cornerback Leon Hall would be the safe pick, and the Texans' need in the secondary outweighs their need in the backfield. But are Ahman Green and Ron Dayne really the answer at running back, and can the Texans afford to alienate their fan base by passing on the draft's top-rated rusher for a second year in a row? The Texans could always shop this pick to the running back-lacking No. 12 Bills, too.

Would you trade the #12 and our 2nd 3rd to move up 2 spots to get him?

Yes, Michigan cornerback Leon Hall would be the safe pick, and the Texans' need in the secondary outweighs their need in the backfield. But are Ahman Green and Ron Dayne really the answer at running back, and can the Texans afford to alienate their fan base by passing on the draft's top-rated rusher for a second year in a row? The Texans could always shop this pick to the running back-lacking No. 12 Bills, too.

Not unless Peterson is truly who you covet and you fear someone else (like Green Bay) jumping up to 10 or 11 to get him. Houston wouldn't take him at 10 if they're wiling to deal out of the spot and San Francisco just inked Frank Gore to a mega deal, so they won't take him, either.

In a heartbeat before someone else trades up to 10 or 11 !!

It's 100 points on the Value Chart...Or the #100 Pick (The Bills 2nd-3rd Round Pick from Baltimore is #92) in the Draft so...yes...For Peterson...I'd do it... :devil:

Michael Smith (for what its worth) said yesterday the Bills were caustiously opptomistic that peterson would be available at 12. If cleveland takes quinn like they should IMO that very well could happen. That being said If AP is available at 12 it's a no brainer, but if he's not theres alot of good backs in this draft. irons or Hunt in round 3 would be perfectly acceptible to me instead of AP or Lynch

I still think the trust Marv has in DJ will lead us to pick defense in the first round. After last season when we went defense with 6 of our 9 picks, I think DJ would rather have a strong defense and a weak offense than an average defense and offense.

DJ didn't have high scoring teams in Chicago, and I don't think he's focused on doing the same here.

No.

Just because he's the best coming out of college doesn't mean he'll be the best in the NFL.

Joseph Addai, Maurice Drew, Lawrence Maroney... most of them were considered 3rd, 4th, 5th best, and most of them outshined the "top 2" (Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams).

Kenny Irons, Antonio Pittman, I'd rather have one of them in the backfield with A-Train.

Definitely. If trading up to get the 2nd or 3rd most talented player in the draft costs us a 3rd round pick, so be it. The Bills could use a difference-maker, whether its on offense or defense.

If they move up to #10, it will be to take Willis.

draft a RB like Branson Jackson or Booker in 3rd round and sign Chris Brown.

I'd love Peterson. Trouble is, I dunno that Marv and Dick don't believe we will be ok with A-Train and a later draft pick at RB. If you go back and look at Marv's interviews after McGahee got traded he seemed to show a discomforting amount of confidence in A-Train's ability to play well and the need for just a little added support.

not 2nd but one of our 3rd's, that would be like trading McGahee for AP! Worth it!

No.

Just because he's the best coming out of college doesn't mean he'll be the best in the NFL.

Joseph Addai, Maurice Drew, Lawrence Maroney... most of them were considered 3rd, 4th, 5th best, and most of them outshined the "top 2" (Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams).

Kenny Irons, Antonio Pittman, I'd rather have one of them in the backfield with A-Train.

Great post. It happens quite often, a player may have peaked in college, or his skills can not overcome his negatives in the NFL (lack of size or speed for example), where another player with potential may take more time to mature and just hit his stride as he comes to the NFL (especially if he left college early).

No.

I think that is a bit of a stretch to say they outshined Bush and Williams. The three you mentioned were given the opportunity to get playing time very early and capitalized. Bush and Williams, on the other hand, had established, quality vets ahead of them in McAllister and Foster.

Also, ESPN analyzed this recently:

"Nearly half of the NFL's starting running backs in 2006 were former first-round picks, and nearly 90 percent of the league's starters came from the first three rounds. Further dispelling the theory is the fact that 17 of the NFL's top 20 rushing leaders in 2006 were former Day 1 draft picks -- and 14 of those 17 were found in the first two rounds. Frank Gore (49ers) has become the recent poster boy for this myth, but he was taken with the first pick of the third round in 2005.

After studying the situation more closely, here's my advice to teams in need of immediate help at running back: Don't reach for a bad value in the first round, but be ready to grab the one you like in Round 2 or early in Round 3."

If they move up to #10, it will be to take Willis.

draft a RB like Branson Jackson or Booker in 3rd round and sign Chris Brown.

That may or may not be true, but he's not the player that the original poster asked about.

If it meant not taking Posluszny at #12, absolutely.

No

This team has too many holes to fill to be giving up 1st day picks

That didn't stop Marv last year. :devil: