don imus apology accepted by me

lightning21

I agree 100%. Do I think what Imus' dumb ass said was ok? No, but do I think he has a constitutional right to say it? Yes. It's amazing how much of a double standard there is here and this is what bothers me. You had the Jeffersons in the 70's and 80's, a black man, using all kinds of white racial slurs on tv. Honkey this, cracker that. It was thought to be funny or whatever, now every time anything is said about a black person the whole community is in an uproar. I think it's being blown way out of purportion and I'm tired of seeing big Al and JJ all over every issue. This is between Imus and Rutgers women's bball team. Just my opinion. Imus is a racist and so is Sharpton. It's time to move on folks, there's nothing to see here.

All in the Family was probably the best sitcom ever produced, but it wouldn't last two episodes in today's world thanks to the pig headed people who rush to label everything 'offensive' without bothering to understand context or purpose.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't listen to hip-hop, so I ask this question sincerely: how many hip-hop songs are out about the Rutger's basketball team being nappy-haired hos?

Not the point he was trying to make. He's saying that hip-hop artists degrade black women in most of their music with no outrage. But a white guy makes a dumb ass comment and the whole black community is in an uproar. This whole thing is a joke to me.

All nappy headed hos are happy you accepted the apology on their behalf.

what about all the hos that aren't nappy headed? Will they be offended because they were left out?

Not the point he was trying to make.

I know. I was bustin' nuts.

One of my favorite scenes from a lousy movie can be found in "Rush Hour," when Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are about to walk into a pre-dominantly African-American bar, and Tucker tells Chan to let him do the talking. As he walks in, Tucker acknowledges everyone standing around with "What's up, my nigga? How you doin' my nigga?" They stand at the bar, and Tucker tells Chan to stay there while he goes into the back to talk to whomever he is supposed to talk to.

While Tucker is gone, the bartender looks at Chan, who says "What's up, my nigga?" to which the bartender yells "What the !@#$ did you just say?"

"I said what's up my nigga?"

"Are you calling me a !@#$?"

It doesn't get explained any better than that.

The funniest thing about this whole ordeal is the fact that Don Imus -- a racist -- went and apologized on the radio show of Al Sharpton -- a racist.

Classic.

Imus' line to Sharpton when "the Rev" wasn't accepting his apology -- "I just can't win with you people." Yeah, Imus has a pure heart, folks. :D

The only thing Imus should have said to the likes of Sharpton is "Go to H*ll".

Let's recall some effects of Sharpie's rhetoric...one of the falsely accused in his Tawana Brawley pack of lies committed suicide.

His hatred of Jews resulted is his acolytes shooting 4 people, and two more died when the store he was boycotting was torched.

7 people dead.

I worked at a radio station that carried Imus for almost 10 years, and had the chance to bring him to our town several times. While is staff are all nice folks, Don is an arrogant a**hole. The on-air persona IS his real persona! Having said that, I don't believe he is a racist. Is he an a**hole? Yes! Did he build the Imus Ranch for his own retirement? I believe so. Is he a racist? No.

I do think he deserves to simmer in his own sweat over this as payback for being a poor excuse for a human being.

PTR

I loved hering one of the Rutgers players saying she will be "scarred for life".....are you !@#$ing kidding me or is that what your dumbass lawer said so you could sue Imus.....I am so sick of this sh--......give me a god damn break...they were WORDS!!!

I loved hering one of the Rutgers players saying she will be "scarred for life".....are you !@#$ing kidding me or is that what your dumbass lawer said so you could sue Imus.....I am so sick of this sh--......give me a god damn break...they were WORDS!!!

I'm scarred for life because I wasnt 9 feet tall, couldnt play basketball, and actually had to get good SAT scores to get into college.

Oh, and I had to pay for it too.

The comment made was very specific about the Rutger's women's basketball team. The ladies should be upset. The ladies did nothing to deserve this. What the ladies did to get into the headlines was have a great basketball season.

Imus should and did apologize. Who knows if this apology is good enough. Damage was done. Money will decide the fate of Imus but who listens to him anyways? If Imus gets fired, I could care less. The ladies from Rutgers didn't bring this situation upon themselves, Imus created the uproar with a careless attempt at humor.

I believe All in the Family and the Jefferson's wouldn't make it today. Censorship has blurred the difference between what is insensitive and what is humorous. In some cases, people become hurt because they believe that they are supposed to act hurt. What did so and so say? Oh yeah, that is supposed to be insensitive so now I am hurt. In some circles laughing has become taboo.

I find Al Sharpton more offensive to African American people and poor people everywhere than Imus. Who is Imus anyways?. Instead of addressing some dos and don'ts about getting ahead in life, Al Windbag prefers to criticize other groups and individuals who have very little to do with the every day lives of people who need to do better and can do better. That is, if people stopped listening to Al Windbag and started pointing at themselves for life's solutions. Al Windbag exploits the poor. Al Windbag is a civil rights misleader.

Personal accountability and responsibility. Catch it. You too Windbag.

A white guy (I assume) telling a black woman how she should feel after being called a nappy headed ho: priceless. B-)

The comment made was very specific about the Rutger's women's basketball team. The ladies should be upset. The ladies did nothing to deserve this. What the ladies did to get into the headlines was have a great basketball season.

Imus should and did apologize. Who knows if this apology is good enough. Damage was done. Money will decide the fate of Imus but who listens to him anyways? If Imus gets fired, I could care less. The ladies from Rutgers didn't bring this situation upon themselves, Imus created the uproar with a careless attempt at humor.

I believe All in the Family and the Jefferson's wouldn't make it today. Censorship has blurred the difference between what is insensitive and what is humorous. In some cases, people become hurt because they believe that they are supposed to act hurt. What did so and so say? Oh yeah, that is supposed to be insensitive so now I am hurt. In some circles laughing has become taboo.

I find Al Sharpton more offensive to African American people and poor people everywhere than Imus. Who is Imus anyways?. Instead of addressing some dos and don'ts about getting ahead in life, Al Windbag prefers to criticize other groups and individuals who have very little to do with the every day lives of people who need to do better and can do better. That is, if people stopped listening to Al Windbag and started pointing at themselves for life's solutions. Al Windbag exploits the poor. Al Windbag is a civil rights misleader.

Personal accountability and responsibility. Catch it. You too Windbag.

Good post and Don Imus is the last person to be insulting someone's looks.

if you cant accept this guys apology,then you my friend,are ignorant.hes obviously sorry for a few words he said on air,im sure all of us have said stupid stuff,though it wasnt on air.why do people have to hold grudges,lets be real

Do you play for the Rutger's women's BBall team? Are you one of his empoylers?

If not, it doesn't really matter if YOU forgive him, does it?