Simple Debate

I'd love it if the Bills go their hands on Peterson, but after thinking this over I feel we would be better served with Willis in the first round. Our run defense was one of the worst in the league last year, plus we lost Fletcher in the middle and Clements a solid run support Corner.

We can find a Rb in the draft after the first round, but can we find a tackling machine to help our most critical need in rounds two through seven? Probably not one that will be a starter from day one.

Not that both Peterson and Willis will be available to the Bills when they pick, but if they are I'm voting for Willis!

Peterson vs Willis

Your thoughts, and which one would you draft if they were both there if you were Marv????

Willis 1 Peterson 0 (after my vote)

0:)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love it if the Bills go their hands on Peterson, but after thinking this over I feel we would be better served with Willis in the first round. Our run defense was one of the worst in the league last year, plus we lost Fletcher in the middle and Clements a solid run support Corner.

We can find a Rb in the draft after the first round, but can we find a tackling machine to help our most critical need in rounds two through seven? Probably not one that will be a starter from day one.

Not that both Peterson and Willis will be available to the Bills when they pick, but if they are I'm voting for Willis!

Peterson vs Willis

Your thoughts, and which one would you draft if they were both there if you were Marv????

Willis 1 Peterson 0 (after my vote)

Simple answer, Marshawn Lynch.

Angelo Crowell is our starting MLB and Adrian Peterson will be long gone before the Bills pick. It's not hard when you break it down.

They are both terrific players, but by all accounts Peterson is an even more special talent. There is a reason nobody talks about Willis going top 5, but everybody talks about Peterson going top 5. While I agree that our need at LB is even bigger than our need at LB, we will pick up a player for each. The question is whether Peterson and a 2nd round LB is better than Willis and a 2nd round RB. I will be very happy with Willis, but if I can choose Peterson I do it in a heartbeat.

Willis 1 Peterson 1 (after my vote)

Angelo Crowell is our starting MLB and Adrian Peterson will be long gone before the Bills pick. It's not hard when you break it down.

no doesnt make any sense to take lynch unless were going to trade down.. anywayz.. angelo crowell is a olb.. he would like to stay at his position .. if we take lynch we the pick..we gotta take a cb with our 2nd pick and were not and were not gonna start a 3rd rounder at OLB.. just think about we have a decent RB rite now we have no1 at the other LB positiion..my VOTE IS FOR WILLLIS!!!and for peterson he will be gone.. no way hes there for us

Lets see Crowell a OLB coming off an injury making a switch to a new position, over Willis a tackling machine who knows the ILB position? 0:) And then a reach for Lynch who is dropping out of first round mocks faster than a speeding bullet. ;)

After breaking it down, it's a no-brainer!!!

WILLIS!

After Willis, the value at the position falls of dramatically. Stopping the run is going to be HUGE for this defense. Willis by a landslide. That isn't to say I don't want Peterson, that guy is a special athlete. A special athlete who's been hurt the past few years.

If the Bills upgraded the offensive line as much as we all believe, we should have success running the ball regardless if it's A Train, Shaud or a 2nd round back.

Willis 3 / Peterson 2

The_Real

Simply put, you have to look at the positions you need filled and look at the players available to see if they can step in and be impact players. After that you need to see the distance between the top player at that position and the next player in line. At this point there is a dropoff between AP and the next player. There is a dropoff between Willis and Timmons too bt we may not need an ILB. OLB is a position where there are several players who could play and there isn't a big dropoff between the top 2-3 OLBs. That being said. RB isn't a position were you need the best player in the world, it is enough to have 2-3 good RBs. We need 2 starting LBs in this draft. I say we drop down in the 1st, draft Pos in the 1st and Beason in the 2nd, then we can take Pittman or someone like him in the 3rd.

I dont get how this is a debate at all quite honestly. Adrian Peterson is far and away the best rb in this class. Runs with authority has tremendous speed, and great initial burst as well as the ability to change directions on a dime. His breakaway speed is tremendous and has shown a penchant for not being afraid to simply plow thru defenders. If Peterson is there at 12 it's a no brainer. My Vote goes to Adrian "All Day" Peterson.

Peterson 3/ Willis 3

After watching AP for the last few years, I think he is going to be one of the next great backs in the NFL. The guy is just an animal. Ridiculous blend of speed and power. As much as I'm warming up to Willis, I'd never miss the chance to grab Peterson.

3-3?

I can't believe I'm actually going to say it but...I'd take Peterson. I hate the idea of using a #1 to pick a RB but if Peterson drops that far you have to take him. He is the kind of game changing player this team has lacked for over a decade.

Peterson -- the #2 overall player in the draft.

we don't need a MLB. the Bills can choose the best LB available with their next choice, regardless of inside or outside. having Crowell ready to go at MLB gives them the ability to open up their choice to the entire LB class.

Willis would look great in a Bills uni, but not at the expense of passing on Peterson.

I'd be happy with Willis - sounds like a very good player, a true football player at heart, and he fills a position of real need. But if Peterson is available, you've got to pick him. From what EVERYBODY says, he's a difference maker. I'm trying to think of a RB bust that was considered the best high school back, had instant college success, and all experts say he'll be a special pro (barring injury, of course). Normally, the best high school back doesn't pan out quickly or really ever in college and if they had a solid college career there's some doubt about the player at draft time. But Peterson is like Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Reggie Bush - unbroken spectacular success. Take him - think of the impact LT has in San Diego. No decent wide receivers, retread (Brees) or new QB (Rivers) and they never stop scoring points because defenses have to key on him. He just makes everybody look better. Since everyone has said AP is special since high school and no one has taken that back, you have to believe he is that special. Injury prone?? Maybe - but it's not the legs. Is it worth a chance? I say "yes"

Wow, it's actually tied up right now, I believe the talley is 7-7.

This is a tough, tough decision. But at the end of the day, we need defense more than offense. Assuming both are as good as projected and are both available, I believe the best bet is Willis. And I really hate to say that...

Not only would I take AP at #12 if he is available by some turn of fate, I trade up to get him if given the opportunity at a reasonable price. Willis is a great player, but AP is a game changer and very well may be the best back to come out of CFB since LJ or LT in 01 and 02, respectively (I'll take AP over Bush any day).

8-7 AP

I think we're easily a much better team with a Peterson and David Harris or reasonable facsimile draft than we are with a Willis and Tony Hunt or reasonable facsimile draft. It's Peterson by a lot, IMO. That's a guy you want for 6-8 years and I think there is a better chance of Peterson being a superstar than Willis.