Did anybody know that the Bills had met with Dallas' FA

Don't know why really. He used to be a Pro Bowl player for San Fran, but couldn't cut it in "Big D" where they actually needed safety help. Unless he's coming in to accept a backup role to Whitner & Simpson, along with playing special teams, he won't sign with us. He'd be an upgraded version of Matt Bowen and maybe an insurance policy to the forementioned players as well.

There was no mention that I saw on BuffaloBills.com or Bills Daily. Why is it that a national paper has the information faster than our own local sources?

PS Does anybody know anything about this player? Thanks.

Would be agreat depth guy at safety and ST OH BOY

I think we are fairly thin at safety, especially if Wire is playing LB. Simpson and Whitner look to be really good, but we still need depth

Exactly. Leonard is the only backup with Wire shifting to a backup LB. We need depth at safety.

Not really worth investing a draft pick when we have 3 young safeties. A vet would be nice. Appears to be a great fit who can provide Simpson, Whitner and Leonhard with some veteran perspective. A lot like Spragan could do for the LB corps.

Not really worth investing a draft pick when we have 3 young safeties. A vet would be nice. Appears to be a great fit who can provide Simpson, Whitner and Leonhard with some veteran perspective. A lot like Spragan could do for the LB corps.

I agree. Parrish used to be an outstanding safety. Definately not the player he was but he would benefit our young secondary IMO

There was no mention that I saw on BuffaloBills.com or Bills Daily. Why is it that a national paper has the information faster than our own local sources?

PS Does anybody know anything about this player? Thanks.

Yes, plenty. Parrish was an all-pro caliber safety playing next to mike brown in chicage. After signing with san fran he was solid but his play deteriorated after a few years. While no longer a star, perhaps not even starting caliber, there is no doubt he would play backup on this team. That said, I would welcome the signing because our safety depth is weak and we would have a veteran backup to help mentor the youngsters.

If we dont sign him, oh well, just gonna have to draft a 2nd day safety i guess. If this report is true then my guess is that we will be signing him "on the cheap" which will make everybody happy.

If we dont sign him, oh well, just gonna have to draft a 2nd day safety i guess. If this report is true then my guess is that we will be signing him "on the cheap" which will make everybody happy.

I'd rather have a veteran with his best days behind him than another draft pick allocated toward the defensive backfield. The more picks the better and another spent on a DB just seems ridiculous, especially if they've targeted a CB for depth purposes.

We've got three safeties on the roster. And all of them are young (see less than 2 years in the league) Perhaps Troy Vincent would come back as the DB coach. Well, maybe not.

Exactly. Leonard is the only backup with Wire shifting to a backup LB. We need depth at safety.

Clearly Wire is on this team for ST...no? (Although some question his REAL value to the ST, I'll trust Bobby April and Co on that.) Whatever hole he can help fill (or open) on the defense is a bonus (or HUGE negative).