Did anybody know that the Bills had met with Dallas' FA

Yes, plenty. Parrish was an all-pro caliber safety playing next to mike brown in chicage. After signing with san fran he was solid but his play deteriorated after a few years. While no longer a star, perhaps not even starting caliber, there is no doubt he would play backup on this team. That said, I would welcome the signing because our safety depth is weak and we would have a veteran backup to help mentor the youngsters.

If we dont sign him, oh well, just gonna have to draft a 2nd day safety i guess. If this report is true then my guess is that we will be signing him "on the cheap" which will make everybody happy.

Agreed good mentor/back up for Ko Simpson. Of course he is coming off a serious injury so no guarantee he'd make the squad.

Clearly Wire is on this team for ST...no? (Although some question his REAL value to the ST, I'll trust Bobby April and Co on that.) Whatever hole he can help fill (or open) on the defense is a bonus (or HUGE negative).

Can a hole be filled with another hole?

Also, to whomever said that signing him is better than wasting a 2nd day pick. Its better if he signs on the cheap, can play in a pinch and helps mentor younger players. If its not like that, its better to take a chance and draft some safetey in the 6th or 7th round. You act like drafting a safety is a bad way to spend a day 2 pick Review our recent drafts, we've produced few starters from day 2(McGee.....oh wait theres pretty much noone else), similarly our other late rounders havent even produced. Therefore, its hard to waste picks when most of them turn out to be burger-flippers and paperboys anyhow. Also, safety is one of the few positions where value is routinely found on day 2. What do m,ost of the recent super bowl winners have in common? Young secondary depth.

Also, to whomever said that signing him is better than wasting a 2nd day pick. Its better if he signs on the cheap, can play in a pinch and helps mentor younger players. If its not like that, its better to take a chance and draft some safetey in the 6th or 7th round. You act like drafting a safety is a bad way to spend a day 2 pick Review our recent drafts, we've produced few starters from day 2(McGee.....oh wait theres pretty much noone else), similarly our other late rounders havent even produced. Therefore, its hard to waste picks when most of them turn out to be burger-flippers and paperboys anyhow. Also, safety is one of the few positions where value is routinely found on day 2. What do m,ost of the recent super bowl winners have in common? Young secondary depth.

Point was we already have 3 young safeties and little experience. 3 is enough in my opinion..we have young secondary depth...only K. Thomas has plus 5 years...the rest

McGee

Youboty

Greer

Whitner

Simpson

Bassey (who by the way has off the charts speed and size measurables)

Leonhard

All are 4 years in the league or less

That's 7 folks already--we will draft a young corner to make it 8 -- you can only play a max of 6 at a time-how many do we need?

We have enough need positions in the draft--I would rather use our 3 picks in 6 and 7 to get

1) #3 QB

2) A second LB -- where we need depth

3) A young WR or TE

Again just my preference--but I disagree with the "you can never have too many" philosophy--it just means cutting someone at one position and ignoring an actual open roster spot at another.

Clearly Wire is on this team for ST...no? (Although some question his REAL value to the ST, I'll trust Bobby April and Co on that.) Whatever hole he can help fill (or open) on the defense is a bonus (or HUGE negative).

Of course, he is the ST captain, but he is also a backup LB in a pinch and that's really the only position he can play in a Cover-2 D, as he does not cover enough ground or play well enough in the open field to play SS, imo.

Point was we already have 3 young safeties and little experience. 3 is enough in my opinion..we have young secondary depth...only K. Thomas has plus 5 years...the rest

McGee

Youboty

Greer

Whitner

Simpson

Bassey (who by the way has off the charts speed and size measurables)

Leonhard

All are 4 years in the league or less

That's 7 folks already--we will draft a young corner to make it 8 -- you can only play 6 at a time-how many do we need?

We have enough need positions in the draft--I would rather use our 3 picks in 6 and 7 to get

1) #3 QB

2) A second LB -- where we need depth

3) A young WR or TE

Again just my preference--but I disagree with the "you can never have too many" philosophy--it just means cutting someone at one position and ignoring an actual open roster spot at another.

We currently have one backup safety for both safety positions. That it not enough.

We need to carry four safeties on the team. One more is needed, from somewhere, to fill out depth.

You forgot about Kyle Williams. (great pick by Marv) Maybe the Bills will find a few gems on day 2 (let's hope so). ;)

We currently have one backup safety for both safety positions. That it not enough.

We need to carry four safeties on the team. One more is needed, from somewhere, to fill out depth.

Am all for signing Parrish or another vet to fill the open safety positon. Was proposing that drafting another rookie safety when we are already very young at the position and are very, very likely to draft a corner was wasting a draft pick...but you know, after sleeping on it..I realize I don't really give a !@#$... ;)