I don't understand the TITANS.

PIZ

I don't get what the Titans are doing. They let Travis Henry walk; he was awesome last year. They let him go without a fight because they had Lendale White, who they drafted in the 2nd round last year. Now all of a sudden, they see White is fat and out of shape, so now they scrap that idea and want to get Turner. They might as well get rid of White too. Just doesn't make sense to me why they would give up on a 2nd round pick so easily, after deciding he was good enough to let Travis Henry go.

I don't get what the Titans are doing. They let Travis Henry walk; he was awesome last year. They let him go without a fight because they had Lendale White, who they drafted in the 2nd round last year. Now all of a sudden, they see White is fat and out of shape, so now they scrap that idea and want to get Turner. They might as well get rid of White too. Just doesn't make sense to me why they would give up on a 2nd round pick so easily, after deciding he was good enough to let Travis Henry go.

All of these rumors are being floated by AJ Smith and Turner's agent to create a false sense of demand.

Real interest in Turner and what teams are willing to give up will be vastly different that what is being reported now.

Didn't they let Henry walk because he was due an insanely high roster bonus? I think they would've liked to keep him but their hands were tied by the contract they had negotiated with him.

So I don't think they were necessarily ever sold on White.

Didn't they let Henry walk because he was due an insanely high roster bonus? I think they would've liked to keep him but their hands were tied by the contract they had negotiated with him.

Yes that is a good amount of the reason why they let Travis walk.

But what doesn't make sense is that Turner is going to command more than what Travis was going to be due. I think it was an 8 million dollar bonus for Henry if he was on the roster this year. Not sure to be exact.

Its not just interest being drawn up by AJ either.

KFFL and others have reported that Turner was in Tennessee yesterday for a visit.

That happens all the time, though. When a player is due a huge roster bonus, the team and the player re-negotiate a better deal for both parties. Maybe they didn't like his stub fingers?

just because another team is interested in a player that supposedly the bills are interested in does not make it uncomprhendable.would you be content with only lendale white as your runningback?i wouldn't think so.i would rather have adrian peterson or marshawn lynch anyway.go bills in"07!

That happens all the time, though. When a player is due a huge roster bonus, the team and the player re-negotiate a better deal for both parties. Maybe they didn't like his stub fingers?
I blame the agents for this. They have their player sign these back loaded contract they know the team will never be able to afford to pay just so they can say eg;Clements signed for $80 Million. We all know no way that will happen but it looks good at the time the deal is made. If the team and player are happy with each other when the big money kicks in they can renegotiate but it makes it much more difficult than if they had signed a reasonable contract to begin with.

pssssss - don't tell anyone but football people don't seem too bright in general- and remember the word football modifies the word genius the same way the word special modifies the word Olympics.

that was pretty damn good. if i could give you a kudo i would. <_<

I blame the agents for this. They have their player sign these back loaded contract they know the team will never be able to afford to pay just so they can say eg;Clements signed for $80 Million. We all know no way that will happen but it looks good at the time the deal is made. If the team and player are happy with each other when the big money kicks in they can renegotiate but it makes it much more difficult than if they had signed a reasonable contract to begin with.

<_< <_< :blink:

ALL the parties are complicit. Agents are an easy target. Might as well blame the fans.

Because White lifted more doughnuts than weights this offseason. IF he wasn't a fat turd, he would be the man in Tenny.

pssssss - don't tell anyone but football people don't seem too bright in general- and remember the word football modifies the word genius the same way the word special modifies the word Olympics.

I'll add to the praise-party. Billy Jo Bob steeps up with a goodun.

<_<

Let's not forget that Henry was due an $8 million bonus had he remained in Tennessee, the Titans might think they can get Turner on the cheap and why they are pursuing him.

And all the Pundits criticize us for letting Fletcher/Clements walk, while the Titans are praised for maintaing status Quo and losing their two starting WRs and their starting RB