Michael Turner's agent reportedly given permission to talk w/Bills

this was posted yesterday on another site:

-- New Rumored Trade for Packers to Acquire Turner --

Sun Apr 1, 2007

The Trenton Times reports now that the WR Randy Moss rumors have died down (for now), the latest Green Bay trade talk has the Packers sending the 16th pick in the draft to San Diego for the 30th pick and RB Michael Turner.

Sounds like the Chargers and Turner are just looking for the best possible deal they can get from whoever is interested.

I would be shocked if the Bills gave up a #1 pick outright. Not to mention thouroughly pissed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A first and a third is way too much.

If the Bills do this, AJ Smith should get the Executive of the Year Award.

The guy "may" be great, but the Chargers have very little leverage regarding a guy who is going to sit on their bench for the year.

Something tells me the Bills are going to make that deal and although your right that it's a bit steep I thing they have their sights set on taking Patrick Willis and want to get the RB position out of the way. I think Turner would be a great addition.

thats the same way i was told conditional pick next yr based of playing time etc..highest is a 1st lowest is a 3rd

thats the same way i was told conditional pick next yr based of playing time etc..highest is a 1st lowest is a 3rd

That certainly makes a lot more sense, IMO.

If this is the case, it might not be as bad as it initially sounds.

Rd 1 12th = 1200

Rd 1 30th = 620

Rd 2 12th = 460

Rd 3 12th = 210

Rd 3 29th = 128

If we gave up one of our Rd 3 picks, and do a good job of negotiating the playing time condition so that it would likely turn out as a second round pick, we'd be giving up about 670 or 588 pts worth of value, which would be the same as a Rd 1 27th or 30th pick (assuming our draft status is approximately the same as it is this year, and not devaluing a next year's pick by a round).

If we swapped first rounders with them, and gave them a third rounder, that would be a trade worth either 790 or 708 points of value. Which is equivalent of either a 1st round 22 or 26th pick. This trade could be worked out so that it is actually better than the trade many people are saying is the right way to go.

The better the Bills do this year, the lower the conditional pick will be, thereby devaluing SD's end of the trade.

I wouldn't be against it until I actually heard the terms of the conditional pick.

But assuming that DJ is definitely set on a 2 back system, I think it could be very likely that Turner won't hit the conditional playing time amount to give away a first for him next year. This deal has the potential to bite us in the ass, but I think that Marv and DJ might know what they're doing enough so that it could actually be good.

Allow me to take this opportunity to go on a tirade about just how AWFUL Buffalo's local reporting has been, since the season concluded. Why is it that all of these trades are being reported by the national media without any of the local guys providing a whiff of it. Now the local media is talking up something they got from a Message Board? Wow! I honestly believe that there are multiple posters on this board that could do a better job reporting on the team right now than the lazy know-nothings at WGR, Buffalo News and Rochester D&C!!!

You will all be pissing your pants when/if the Bills make this deal, and the 49ers take Patrick Willis at #11.

IF any of this true and the Bills have Willis targeted, then expect them to trade up with Minnesota to secure Willis.

Trading a #1 for next year is dangerous. I remember the next year's #1 traded to Dallas in the Losman draft pick deal. In the beginning part of the next season we had the worst record in the league and the possibility of giving up the 1st overall, before the end of year rally put it in the middle of the pack.

Need a NBA like trade where the pick is someting akin to lottery protected and it pushes it a year back if you are in the top 10.

IF any of this true and the Bills have Willis targeted, then expect them to trade up with Minnesota to secure Willis.

First of all... On the Rocks says we will be pissing ourselves when the Niners sport Willis in the 11 hole. To him, I say: Yes, you can call me Mr. Mc Pee Pants if indeed that does happen.

Secondly... we mustn't forget our other unsubstantiated rumor that has "REAL DEAL" Lance Briggs coming to the Buff (did I just say 'coming to the Buff'??? Who am I, Jim Brinson?) So our LB unit will include Briggs, Willis, and Crowell. Fairly young group and not too shabby.

Finally... back to reality here... if this rumor does come to fruition and Turner is a Bill, our offense has the possibility of being quite good to excellent with the pieces added and JP looking like he's turning the corner. If that's the case this team may not be too bad, hell maybe Marv knows a thing or two about building winning football teams. Who knew?

First of all... On the Rocks says we will be pissing ourselves when the Niners sport Willis in the 11 hole. To him, I say: Yes, you can call me Mr. Mc Pee Pants if indeed that does happen.

Secondly... we mustn't forget our other unsubstantiated rumor that has "REAL DEAL" Lance Briggs coming to the Buff (did I just say 'coming to the Buff'??? Who am I, Jim Brinson?) So our LB unit will include Briggs, Willis, and Crowell. Fairly young group and not too shabby.

Finally... back to reality here... if this rumor does come to fruition and Turner is a Bill, our offense has the possibility of being quite good to excellent with the pieces added and JP looking like he's turning the corner. If that's the case this team may not be too bad, hell maybe Marv knows a thing or two about building winning football teams. Who knew?

I'm not sure the Bills would have the cash to sign both Briggs and Turner and still have enough left over to sign a top 10 pick in Willis. Not to mention, how would the Bills manage to move up to get Willis if they have to give up more picks to get both Turner and Briggs in the door?

I'm not sure the Bills would have the cash to sign both Briggs and Turner and still have enough left over to sign a top 10 pick in Willis. Not to mention, how would the Bills manage to move up to get Willis if they have to give up more picks to get both Turner and Briggs in the door?

You wouldn't have a top 10 pick because you'd be giving that to Chicago for Briggs...assuming it all comes down like everyone is discussing.

You wouldn't have a top 10 pick because you'd be giving that to Chicago for Briggs...assuming it all comes down like everyone is discussing.

Good point as well ... I bet dollars to doughnuts that the Bills don't get Briggs or Turner. Just a hunch.

Why is it a bad deal? Everyone was bitching with what we got for that piece of crap McGahee and now we gave too much (which is what everyone here wanted for McGahee) for a guy who runs hard and is a team player (have you heard any complaints from him being the #2 for the past few years?)