Talks between Bills and Chris Brown heating up.

PIZ

NFL.com

-- Talks between the running back needy Buffalo Bills and Tennessee's free agent Chris Brown are heating up. Brown would provide the Bills with a nice alternative until the draft, where Buffalo still could be poised to pick up either Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson or California's Marshawn Lynch.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of begs the question....would we be satisfied with our RB situation by adding CB? If so, a trade down from #12 seems more and more likely, IMO.

I know, I know.......we need someone who wants to move up for someone specific. I'm going on that premise.

Bills willdraft Willis

Bills willdraft Willis

Will he be there at 12 after running a 4.37 or 4.38 at his Pro Day? I'd be very happy with him. I'm getting the feeling the Bills don't care for Lynch. I saw him last night on NFL Network and yikes this guy is scary weird.

Brown would provide the Bills with a nice alternative until the draft, where Buffalo still could be poised to pick up either Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson or California's Marshawn Lynch.

I was wondering who was going to carry the load until the draft.

Kind of begs the question....would we be satisfied with our RB situation by adding CB? If so, a trade down from #12 seems more and more likely, IMO.

I know, I know.......we need someone who wants to move up for someone specific. I'm going on that premise.

And that would be a correct premise imo. Last year, Marv was flooded with offers. I heard him say this on Sirius. This was a very weak group of free agents in 07, which would serve to increase the value of draft picks.

Once again, I hope that if we do trade down, the package includes a first day pick in 08, if not a 1st round pick. The price to trade up will be high. Watch and see.

Jmo.

More likely we trade up in that scenario I think, unless the player being targeted by Marv and co isnt a top 10 or 15 guy.

More likely we trade up in that scenario I think, unless the player being targeted by Marv and co isnt a top 10 or 15 guy.

Certainly anything is possible, ROCCEO, but I get the feeling Marv and his crew see the value and versatility with having as many selections as they do. I'm guessing (geez...I could be a mock expert) they can walk the fine line of need/want and still get what they want in the mid-teens while acquiring another pick.

OR....

We do a "Ditka" and package the motherload for Calvin, as he is the only player I'd consider moving up for. I'd stick to the former, however.

Basically, and you can't argue this, I just don't know........<_<

If you look at how long it's taking Brown to catch on anywhere, I feel he could very well be a bargain pickup that may or may not pan out a la Reyes last year. His injury troubles worry me. As regards the draft, I know that the battles are won in the trenches but if Adrian Peterson is there I would have to pick him, and would rather have him than Brown.

Bills willdraft Willis

I really get the feeling that is exactly who they want. Patrick Willis. Awesome player and person on and off the field. SF or another team could easily take him before 12 though.

IF we can get P Willis, I believe it would allow the Bills to trade/cut T Spikes and go with Ellison, Willis and Crowell as the LB's with Wire/Stamer and the others as backups. If they DONT get Willis, look for a trade down targeting P Puznolzy in Rnd 1 or DeOssie in the 3rd rnd.

LB: Check

Sign C Brown and we don't have a HUGE need at RB if we stick to RB by committee approach. Marv and Dick don't say things and believe/do another. If they are going to do something they really don;t want everybody to KNOW about, they dance a bit or don;t address at all. They don;t say one thing and come back later saying we changed our mind.

That said, RB becomes a 3rd or 4th round consideration.

DT becomes the focus of rnd 2: Mebane or another

I'd say if we don;t move up and still have 2 3rd rounders we TRY to go CB and RB in round 3 but if a nice OT or OG falls and they don't like the value of CB's or Rb's, they go in OL direction....

Shall see...

Go Bills!

And that would be a correct premise imo. Last year, Marv was flooded with offers. I heard him say this on Sirius. This was a very weak group of free agents in 07, which would serve to increase the value of draft picks.

Once again, I hope that if we do trade down, the package includes a first day pick in 08, if not a 1st round pick. The price to trade up will be high. Watch and see.

Jmo.

Having picks, extra picks as The Bills do in the upcoming draft and next years (the 3rds for WM) makes them so much more valuable with the way they do their captocash business. The more picks the merrier. Fundamentally, IMO, the trade up business we do would involve moving back into the 1st or up into later rounds. It just seems to make sense. Here's to the Bills and their future acquisitions!!!! I have a feeling we will be draft pick generating machine. <_<

Will he be there at 12 after running a 4.37 or 4.38 at his Pro Day? I'd be very happy with him. I'm getting the feeling the Bills don't care for Lynch. I saw him last night on NFL Network and yikes this guy is scary weird.

I dont want Lynch either. It does not seem like he is a Marv guy either

am i the only one who does not want chris brown on this team? the only way this would make me happy would be a 1/2 year deal similar to what we gave thomas - with the caveat that we are able to land bush in the 3rd. i know they wont draft lynch because a lot of fans want lynch and fan favorites just never seem to happen. and that's not to say that i wouldn't be happy passing on lynch and taking willis, okoye, branch, or even a trade-down that nets us posluszny. but if we sign chris brown to a rich multi-year deal and dont target rb early i might cry.